Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pre-Match: West Ham V Liverpool: Sunday 6th April 2014 - 4pm

Read 18340 times
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Re: Pre-Match: West Ham V Liverpool: Sunday 6th April 2014 - 4pm
      Reply #115: Apr 05, 2014 08:06:08 pm
      A lot riding on this one. Gonna be a hard fought match. Heres hoping we dont slip. Gotta keep the momentum going. This could be the match that wins us the league!

Confidently pessimistic.... but its ok, iv been that way for a while now! ;-)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #116: Apr 05, 2014 09:54:21 pm
      I'm more worried about the expectant pressure the players will naturally feel, due to them no doubt being aware of the other results. Its another issue that wouldn't arise if all the matches were on  sat at 3.00pm.
      It's not just us that suffer, but all the teams who play late and are attempting to catch up. The t v companies need to let all teams in comp' for the top or bottom, play at the same time, and televise other matches with teams not involved. They could be instrumental I who wins and loses due to the added pressure they put players under.
       Still think we'll have too much for the hammers though. Just needed to make the point.
      Wonder if Chavs or Citeh will get the late fixture next week, or the following weeks. Be interesting to keep count to see if we are being victimised by this.
      3 - 0 the red men.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #117: Apr 05, 2014 10:24:39 pm
      A lot riding on this one. Gonna be a hard fought match. Heres hoping we dont slip. Gotta keep the momentum going. This could be the match that wins us the league!

Confidently pessimistic.... but its ok, iv been that way for a while now! ;-)
      Thats how I feel after those results, before that I am quite confidence.

I'm more worried about the expectant pressure the players will naturally feel, due to them no doubt being aware of the other results. Its another issue that wouldn't arise if all the matches were on  sat at 3.00pm.
      It's not just us that suffer, but all the teams who play late and are attempting to catch up. The t v companies need to let all teams in comp' for the top or bottom, play at the same time, and televise other matches with teams not involved. They could be instrumental I who wins and loses due to the added pressure they put players under.
       Still think we'll have too much for the hammers though. Just needed to make the point.
      Wonder if Chavs or Citeh will get the late fixture next week, or the following weeks. Be interesting to keep count to see if we are being victimised by this.
      3 - 0 the red men.

Totally agree with you. Thats the disadvantages of playing late, BUT to be The Champion, we MUST over come this.

We must beat all of them to be the worthy champion. 6 cup finals. one at a time.

Come on Reds, you can do it,  YNWA!   :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :clap:
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #118: Apr 06, 2014 12:23:25 am
      0-3
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #119: Apr 06, 2014 12:28:58 am
      I'm not going to lie but I'm getting very nervous about this one.

F***ing hate Fat Sam and the big headed arsehole will be dying to get one over us.

Think this might be our trickiest game of the run in.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #120: Apr 06, 2014 12:40:48 am

Have to agree.

This game really could be the one that determines our season.
      They have players that have a point to prove and a style of play that in previous season has been our undoing.

The Chelsea and City game are 2 vital games that we deserve to be playing in and have a great chance of winning but the West Ham and Crystal Palace games are the matches that most concern me.

Have to stay focussed, maintain composure, not let our heads drop and be patient.

Every game is a cup final now but in a weird way, the West Ham game is like a semi final....there is so much expectation that the team will get to the 'Final'...e.g the City game that i am concerned about the pressure getting to the boys or being too focussed on the upcoming city game.

It is going to taking every bit of BR's management and all of Gerrard's on field experience to get us through this one.

Not even going to predict a result....just want to lay low and get this one done and dusted with 3 points.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #121: Apr 06, 2014 12:45:18 am
      Yeah, I have a funny feeling about this one.

I wonder who'll start out of Coutinho, Sterling and Allen.
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #122: Apr 06, 2014 03:31:45 am
      Going to have to be at our best for this one. As long as we get the 3 points I don't care what the score is. Go out,get the win and move on to the next game keeping up form and momentum.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      Reply #123: Apr 06, 2014 04:05:57 am

F***ing hate Fat Sam and the big headed arsehole will be dying to get one over us.

Exactly what I feel after all the results and the added pressure and expectation on our players.

I hope they can go out and play their usual game and we will be able to beat them, just go out and enjoy the free flow game, forget about the other results, and forget that we mUST win because of the previous result, things will fall into place when we play our normal game.

Come on boys, man, you can do it. Just believe. Bring on the Shankly spirits.

Time is now. Go out and claim the glory. We are in the final straight now. Put our back against the wall, no retreat, move forward.

Come on Reds, bring back the perch, break the fcuking scum heart, the wrost thing they want to see is us winning the NUMBER 19, they will sh*t in their pants.

Remember YNWA  AND let the RED LIVERBIRD soaring high again.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #124: Apr 06, 2014 07:01:39 am
      Every game is sure to have added pressure now, we've put ourselves in a brilliant position and I'm just going to have the outlook that it's in the players hands now and if they want it enough and have the bottle they'll win all the games.
      The basic thing is that, if they are winners they will win, if not then they aren't quite ready for the pressures of being at the top and holding their nerve. I can't get too upset if it doesn't work out, they've already surpassed my expectations this season.
      We'll see if they are winners and I think they are and our manager has that air about him.
      No point people getting too upset if it doesn't work out because our team has to have the belief and conviction to do it, it's out of our hands.
      Hopefully the spirit of Anfield greats will visit them and they'll just think we have the history and we have the fear factor and we are the righteous ones.
      We can't let that beaut Mourinho get it or the moneybag bas**rds.
      There is no way I'm going to be apprehensive of playing West Ham, I know any game can throw a result at us that we couldn't predict, I don't see the sense in worrying about WH or any team, we are either champs or not. No fear just get the job done.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #125: Apr 06, 2014 08:11:43 am
      Folks seem to me letting their nerves get the better of them. Sure there are no easy matches in the PL, but forgetting the importance of this game, its one we would usually expect to win.
      Brendan will have the lads approaching this match like they would any other, not thinking about the title, just the game at hand. I think we'll win comfortably enough!
      Milestone
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      • Liverpool FC - The only club to watch in England
      Reply #126: Apr 06, 2014 08:41:57 am
      Must win,,,, given the fact that the other title contenders won... Must win... Must win...
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #127: Apr 06, 2014 08:56:02 am
      If we win at West Ham, it'll break chelski heart and sooner or later they'll crack and left with a dog fight with City.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      Reply #128: Apr 06, 2014 08:56:37 am
      Come on You Reds, let's go out there and burst their Bubbles!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #129: Apr 06, 2014 09:04:33 am
      Folks seem to me letting their nerves get the better of them. Sure there are no easy matches in the PL, but forgetting the importance of this game, its one we would usually expect to win.
      Brendan will have the lads approaching this match like they would any other, not thinking about the title, just the game at hand. I think we'll win comfortably enough!

Agree , Brendan will know how Allardyce is likely to set up his team and will set us up accordingly , don't forget Brendan is very astute tactically and is well aware of the fat Sam bus company,
      I think we will pressurise them into making mistakes and then hit them with a goal or two first half, get the crowd to turn on them too , they only have one thought hoof it up to AC , he holds the ball up and tries to lay it off to runners, that's it, set plays are obvious ,
      I think we may just have a little more about us and prove too much for fat Sam's Sunday pub team .

YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #130: Apr 06, 2014 09:54:05 am
      Today is going to be one long drawn out pain in the butt

I don't know but I've had a bad feeling about going away to West Ham for the longest time now. Sure we'd be expected to win under normal conditions, but these are not normal conditions

Really hope I'm wrong
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #131: Apr 06, 2014 10:00:37 am
      Bit nervous about this one.  Carroll was never consistently good enough.  But on occasion, he shines.  I just hope it's not tomorrow.  Hope Agger is up for a battle, he's been a bit flimsy this season against more physical opposition.

Hope Sterling starts.  Can't wait to see him run circles around their statue-like defense. 

Love how Rodgers talks over and over about how big this game is---can't let the lads think that it's going to be a walkover and then get caught unawares.

Must-win this one; just as important as next week.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #132: Apr 06, 2014 10:27:58 am
      No need to worry, guys. This is in the bag.

Every team is bricking it, playing against our asSASsins.

4-2.................nnnnNEXT!!
      RedNess
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      • Love Liverpool - love to chat.
      Reply #133: Apr 06, 2014 10:29:34 am
      I'm in agreement with the majority of you all in that I'm worried about this game. I've woken with a bad feeling this morning and can't shake it. After yesterday's results a win is paramount, nothing less.

I hope we go out all guns blazing and get an early goal.

Come on lads. Prove me wrong. Get the win and another 3 points. YNWA
      boomsopolis
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 191 posts |
      Reply #134: Apr 06, 2014 10:44:10 am
      I'd like to see Sakho come in for this one. His strength would nullify Randy Andy's height.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #135: Apr 06, 2014 10:45:22 am
      Not looking forward to this at all, but that's me all over.

Just a win will do.
      boomsopolis
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 191 posts |
      Reply #136: Apr 06, 2014 10:52:49 am

Just a win will do.
      Can't foresee too many problems here. LFC know how West Ham will play and have had a week to prepare for it. Close down the balls into the box and they are toothless. Keep a DM back to stop Kevin Nolan getting the ball and Andy Carroll will be non-existant in the game.

Breaking them down will be harder but who would you fancy between SAS and James Tomkins and Winston Reid?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #137: Apr 06, 2014 10:53:41 am

Just a win will do.

Same as mate but we've got potentially greater trials if we are to hoist the trophy, the greatest confidence I can draw from is the fact that we have a fully-fit squad and a master tactician, as opposed to fat Sam

Quick Reply