Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 90013 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #989: Jul 03, 2014 11:15:20 am

I get what you're saying but I agree with Rush that if we replace right with 2 or 3 then we could make up for the massive hole he will leave, and he will leave.

Bad memory here but when Rush left didn't we get three in then? That turned out quite well. ;)

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #990: Jul 03, 2014 11:16:40 am
      Bad memory here but when Rush left didn't we get three in then? That turned out quite well. ;)

Yep and what a three they were
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #991: Jul 03, 2014 11:19:59 am
      The players who can replace Suarez like for like(Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar) cannot be bought. So we have to get players who are not direct replacements but collectively can improve the team even more than when we had Suarez in it. If we get 80 mn for Suarez which is a lot of money, we can buy at least 3 absolutely top drawer players for it. We should absolutely buy Markovic and Shaqiri and then see if we can get Sanchez or else a top striker like Falcao.

Gerrard  Lallana
      Shaqiri  Markovic/Sanchez/Falcao  Sterling
                        Sturridge
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #992: Jul 03, 2014 11:20:10 am
      We are sincerely destined for doomness!!! for sure! Clearly we had a good team last season that got us into the champs league,second in the league, we only needed reinforcement of our shaky defense,additional strikers for the champions league,but now we have to sell? To a rival champ league club above all? Surely,greatness was within reach but now if we sell our star striker,we might as well forget about glory!

What would you have us do, Shakespeare? Suarez has apparently made it abundantly clear that he does not want to play another game for Liverpool and Barca have apparently triggered a clause in his contract that obligates LFC to consider offers for him. Would you have us refuse to negotiate thus incurring a legal battle over his contract? What if he does stay? Do you want a player who is so dissatisfied at being rejected a move two seasons on the run that he spits his dummy out and refuses to give his all? Granted he may not but do you want to take that risk? Liverpool is between a rock and a hard place right now because Agents and Players have more power than Clubs. Until that changes it is us fans who will continue to suffer.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #993: Jul 03, 2014 11:20:33 am

Surprised myself memory wise there. Maybe Zebedee should look it up, he may not feel so doomed then.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #994: Jul 03, 2014 11:27:34 am
      What about Luis Muriel? All talk of him seems to have gone pretty quiet. I still think he's a cracking player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #995: Jul 03, 2014 11:58:17 am
      Blatter praising Suarez for his apology.
      Obvious ban reduction when he moves to Barcelona is obvious.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #996: Jul 03, 2014 12:01:03 pm

:nod:

All part of the plan.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #997: Jul 03, 2014 12:02:36 pm
      What about Luis Muriel? All talk of him seems to have gone pretty quiet. I still think he's a cracking player.

How much did you see of him last season exactly?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #998: Jul 03, 2014 12:22:27 pm
      Unfortunately, it does mean he is worth less.

If you are buying an expensive car, but find out it has a mechanical fault that will cause it to sporadically break down without warning... you wouldn't pay full price on that car. It has a fault. A defect.

Suarez has just shown the world that he has a mechanical problem. It comes as a complete surprise. Without any warning. Without any reason. It can happen any time.. and it will happen.

No way is he worth the regular prices you would pay for a player. His antics have in reality lowered his price. That's business..

Suarez isn't a car, and as Strachan said, there is no morality in football, only money.
      The news coming out also gives the lie to your statement.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #999: Jul 03, 2014 12:26:39 pm
      I still believe Suarez is getting off very easy with this transfer. Torres was vilified for doing a lot less imo.  When Torres left we were a club in turmoil, new owners, new manager, struggling in the league, no CL etc etc.

Now we are a club that is on the up and Suarez has played a very important part in that. We have CL, something Suarez used as his excuse for wanting to leave last season and now the only thing in turmoil is his behavior.

Maybe we are starting to accept that we can't hold on to our best players when the "big guns " come calling and no longer feel betrayed when our best players leave.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,449 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1000: Jul 03, 2014 12:29:59 pm
      I still believe Suarez is getting off very easy with this transfer. Torres was vilified for doing a lot less imo.  When Torres left we were a club in turmoil, new owners, new manager, struggling in the league, no CL etc etc.

There is a difference between signing for Real or Barca and signing for Chelsea, If Torres had gone abroad, he wouldn't have been vilified the way he was.

Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #1001: Jul 03, 2014 12:31:39 pm
      How much did you see of him last season exactly?

Admittedly not much, mate, maybe 3 or 4 games. I'm not going to sit and preach and pretend I saw every minute of every game he played. But when I did see him play I liked what I saw. He didn't have his best season last year but I reckon he'd do well for us given the chances our midfield/attacking options could create.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1002: Jul 03, 2014 12:37:54 pm
      Admittedly not much, mate, maybe 3 or 4 games. I'm not going to sit and preach and pretend I saw every minute of every game he played. But when I did see him play I liked what I saw. He didn't have his best season last year but I reckon he'd do well for us given the chances our midfield/attacking options could create.

I've heard good things about him, he had a decent season the one before last but seemed to struggle in terms of goals etc. last season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1003: Jul 03, 2014 12:38:10 pm
      There is a difference between signing for Real or Barca and signing for Chelsea, If Torres had gone abroad, he wouldn't have been vilified the way he was.

I'm not sure mate. I never saw anything like the same level of hatred shown towards Suarez when we thought he may go to Arsenal last season.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #1004: Jul 03, 2014 12:42:16 pm
      I've heard good things about him, he had a decent season the one before last but seemed to struggle in terms of goals etc. last season.

Yeah I think he only scored 3 or 4 in the league, mate. He was substituted pretty regularly and came off the bench in a few games too. Don't know if he maybe had a niggling injury all season?

He's a quick player, very creative too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1005: Jul 03, 2014 12:57:55 pm
      This deal seems to be stalling since on Sanchez I think.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1006: Jul 03, 2014 01:03:29 pm

Apparently Liverpool want £80 million cash or Sanchez plus Cash deal.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #1007: Jul 03, 2014 01:04:18 pm

Dude, the talks only started yesterday... ;D.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1008: Jul 03, 2014 01:08:40 pm
      Apparently Liverpool want £80 million cash or Sanchez plus Cash deal.
      Sounds fair. They can pay full wack, 75m is an insult. Imagine if we paid 30m for Lallana and let Suarez go for 75m? Rather than 25m for Lallana and get 80m for Suarez? that is 10m difference!
      Aziz1981
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #1009: Jul 03, 2014 01:10:18 pm
      Deal probably done.  The only thing to discuss is price - he probably has the oft spoken about buy out clause so let's face it- he goes for that figure or a small £2-3mln? discount.  Structure of payments isn't normally an issue.

So the only issue holding it up might be whether Sanchez is included and possibly if Sanchez wants to come then what is his notional value in the transfer, one media agency says £30mln and everyone else picks it up - but to me £30mln seems a tad light for a top player, Barca could look point to the example of Ozil to Arsenal.  So if Sanchez is being included not only does his value have to be agreed, but also see whether the player wants to come and agree his personal terms.

All in all the deal looks highly likely to be agreed or almost agreed in principle (maybe two options one with and one without Sanchez) and Liverpool are now looking to finalise some incoming players like Spurs did with the Bale sale last year.

Let's hope we don't make the same mistake Spurs did....   
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1010: Jul 03, 2014 01:12:21 pm

Said the same last night Race, as clear as crystal for me.

I think you may have to reconsider that standpoint mate when he signs for Barca and his ban is reduced on appeal to just an international ban.

Unless of course he stays and then unfortunately the 4 month ban stays. ;)

Fifa act like a evil super power now with blatter as Silas Greenback.

One thing that should be clear for all to see is that it's never been more a case of them and us, the pretty, effervescent face of Barca, Real Madrid et al and the grimy. urchin-like Scal Qaeda that is LFC and its fans.

I like, F**k em.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1011: Jul 03, 2014 01:16:49 pm
      I F***ing hate Barca I really do.

Absolutely shitting it they are because their old guard are past it and they need a big player to start a-fresh.

Cheating cu*ts shouldn't even be signing anybody, yet could potentially strike up a world record fee.  Yeah OK, that's fair.

I have the same stance on this situation as I did 12 months ago.  He's our player, we have him by the bollocks and he doesn't go until we, not the interested party, are happy.

It's easy to be happy with Suarez going, with all the drama he has cause and game's he's missed.  I think people really underestimate how rare 30 goal a season strikers are.  Game changers.  Warriors.

Saying that though, I think he's already gone.

Quick Reply