Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      1 (1.1%)
      Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.2%)
      Lovren
      2 (2.2%)
      Enrique
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      8 (8.7%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Sterling
      10 (10.9%)
      Gerrard
      55 (59.8%)
      Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Markovic
      12 (13%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Liverpool 1:1 FC Basel. In game & post match discussion.

Read 49660 times
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Re: Liverpool 1:1 FC Basel. In game & post match discussion.
      Reply #851: Dec 09, 2014 10:38:37 pm
      think about tonight and the crowd never really believed we would win this did they it was a poor atmosphere until the last 20 mins or so.

I wasn't confident this morning either for tonight or Sunday, I'll be amazed if we win on Sunday...bloody made up mind but amazed.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #852: Dec 09, 2014 10:39:27 pm
      I agree that Lallana not playing more is a real head scratcher BUT lets not forget that everybody has played shi..t this season. As fans we watch a game, the players selected play crap and then we pretty  much pick on a few, scream that player a, b and c should have played instead (and that it all would have been  different if they had) but they have all been poor. We have played well twice this season, at Spurs and at home to the bitters. That's it. It hasn't mattered who has played. I've been shouting for Lallana, Coutinho and Sterling to all play in the same line-up. Well guess what, they did at the weekend and we were still awful. Our problems are deeper than 'why aren't we playing this player or that player'

I agree. The worse thing was we played to Mourinho tactic tonight with the line up. BR did not stick to his philosophy. Then we played another Mourinho tactic sticking Skertl up front. This can be interpreted as BR being willing to change and learn. However he didn't employ the Mourinho spirit of disrupting the game i.e. he din't use the tactic properly.

He was a manager intent on developing his own style. He may now be a manager desperate to avoid the sack. He will be doing the wrong thing by changing his philosophy. I think he needs a ball playing leader at the back. I would go all out to get one or two world class defenders.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #853: Dec 09, 2014 10:39:44 pm
      Really gutted that Stevie is going through this, i still think that with decent players among him, he would look far better. Look at Lampard at City.
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #854: Dec 09, 2014 10:44:20 pm
      I agree. The worse thing was we played to Mourinho tactic tonight with the line up. BR did not stick to his philosophy. Then we played another Mourinho tactic sticking Skertl up front. This can be interpreted as BR being willing to change and learn. However he didn't employ the Mourinho spirit of disrupting the game i.e. he din't use the tactic properly.

He was a manager intent on developing his own style. He may now be a manager desperate to avoid the sack. He will be doing the wrong thing by changing his philosophy. I think he needs a ball playing leader at the back. I would go all out to get one or two world class defenders.
      Need at least 1 top class striker 1st
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #855: Dec 09, 2014 10:44:36 pm
      Really gutted that Stevie is going through this, i still think that with decent players among him, he would look far better.

He was atrocious tonight apart from the goal.  Got caught several times in possession in midfield, was slow (what's new), couldn't stop anyone when they took the ball and ran on the counter.  He was awful.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #856: Dec 09, 2014 10:45:33 pm
      Seems a lifetime away, so much has happened since then. We had so many great nights, Anfield alive and kicking because we knew that no matter what, the team would give their all. I've been lucky to see so many great European nights when we were in our heyday, Rafa brought so much of that back!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rafa-benitez-fuels-speculation-liverpool-4644992
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #857: Dec 09, 2014 10:45:36 pm
      Really gutted that Stevie is going through this, i still think that with decent players among him, he would look far better. Look at Lampard at City.

I only feel sorry for the players that are forced to sit on the bench or at home week in week out because Brendan has an agenda.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #858: Dec 09, 2014 10:46:10 pm
      He was atrocious tonight apart from the goal.  Got caught several times in possession in midfield, was slow (what's new), couldn't stop anyone when they took the ball and ran on the counter.  He was awful.

True. I thought he was poor until he scored. Then he looked far better.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #859: Dec 09, 2014 10:47:09 pm
      True. I thought he was poor until he scored. Then he looked far better.

We're supposed to have the most intelligent supporters in the world but they think someone had a good game as long as they score.  Stevie was poor against Leicester, poor against Basel, but he scored so hey ho man of the match!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #860: Dec 09, 2014 10:47:22 pm

don't want rafa back at all, what has he done since leaving us ? even though he had special conditions at inter, at napoli he got what he wanted, and done F**k all with them, even failed to qualify in ucl, no thanks

fresh blood we need, managers who have the hunger for trophies, managers like de boer, klopp, simeone
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #861: Dec 09, 2014 10:48:00 pm
      I only feel sorry for the players that are forced to sit on the bench or at home week in week out because Brendan has an agenda.

If people don't think he has an agenda look at the list of players hew has let go including Henderson,Skrtyl andLucas all of whom he played tonight
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #862: Dec 09, 2014 10:50:43 pm
      If people don't think he has an agenda look at the list of players hew has let go including Henderson,Skrtyl andLucas all of whom he played tonight

Prize for the shitest spelling of own players name of the day....

Well in, not sure I've seen that one before, like Pterodactyl
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #863: Dec 09, 2014 10:51:38 pm
      don't want rafa back at all, what has he done since leaving us ? even though he had special conditions at inter, at napoli he got what he wanted, and done f**k all with them, even failed to qualify in ucl, no thanks

fresh blood we need, managers who have the hunger for trophies, managers like de boer, klopp, simeone

won a trophy with Inter won a trophy with Chelsea won a trophy with Napoli yes he Is a serial winner
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #864: Dec 09, 2014 10:52:43 pm
      Wow, if you think Kelly was good enough then you're living on another planet.

He had so much potential but injuries took their toll, but he was atrocious with his last appearances for Liverpool. And Manquillo has been as bad as Johnson lately - f**king terrible in fact.

Didn't say Kelly was the answer. Said he sold the wrong man,

(Kelly like Agger didn't suit Rodgers.)

Manquillo is  better than Enrique, Enrique thinks he's Pele and gets caught in possession too much, and Manquillo  is also better than Johnson.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #865: Dec 09, 2014 10:52:47 pm
      Prize for the shitest spelling of own players name of the day....

Well in, not sure I've seen that one before, like Pterodactyl

and yet you knew who it was and it is is shitiest not shitest.
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #866: Dec 09, 2014 10:53:00 pm
      won a trophy with Inter won a trophy with Chelsea won a trophy with Napoli yes he Is a serial winner
      Rafa would of got us through this group with ease.....
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #867: Dec 09, 2014 10:53:08 pm

No he wasn't, he was the best of a bad bunch. looked clumsy when defending at times but that's no surprise given the his age and the size of him. He may have lost it a few times in the 1st half but no movement, no 3rd man runs and no angles, what do you expect? they were all guilty of it. In the 2nd half and from the moment we had some movement and pace in the side he was a different player.

Get some pace and movement ahead of him and he is still comfortably our best player.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #868: Dec 09, 2014 10:54:47 pm
      don't want rafa back at all, what has he done since leaving us ? even though he had special conditions at inter, at napoli he got what he wanted, and done F**k all with them, even failed to qualify in ucl, no thanks

Internazionale
      Supercoppa Italiana 2010  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      FIFA Club World Cup  2010  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Chelsea
      UEFA Europa League 2012–13  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Napoli
      Coppa Italia  2013–14  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #869: Dec 09, 2014 10:55:23 pm

look how much money napoli have spent under him and you'll see that a cup win with them means nothing, they had far bigger ambitions and i'll not forget rafa for joining chelski, that's why i didnt even mentioned it
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #870: Dec 09, 2014 10:55:35 pm
      and yet you knew who it was and it is is shitiest not shitest.

sh*te

Shitest

w*nk

Hey even disrespectful not knowing how to spell a players name who has been here for as long as he has

It's not that difficult
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #871: Dec 09, 2014 10:56:50 pm
      Who you bringing in to replace him then numb nuts?

Do you know how annoying you are?

Seriously, do you know what an immature and pathetic little annoying helmet you actually look like? You want him gone great but seriously do you have to chat your sh*t at such a rapid and repetitive rate.

You're like thrush.

You're such a child. Grow up

Everyone has an opinion and a right to be upset

You're there hurling insults at anyone that feels Brendan should be sacked.

Little boy, it doesn't make you a bigger or better fan.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2014 11:09:57 pm by solodee »
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #872: Dec 09, 2014 10:57:27 pm
      At the moment, we're getting 1,4 points a match in the league, to get 70 points. We need to win 5 times in a row or we need to get 10-11 points from every 5 matches. I don't see it happening and I'm not even sure if 70 points is enough for CL. Sad times :(
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #873: Dec 09, 2014 10:58:17 pm
      Internazionale
      Supercoppa Italiana 2010  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      FIFA Club World Cup  2010  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Chelsea
      UEFA Europa League 2012–13  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Napoli
      Coppa Italia  2013–14  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

mate, napoli spent almost 100 mil on players in the last 2 years and look how poor results they get in a mediocre league that serie a is currently, even without powerhouses like inter and milan he struggles to get to 3rd place, and when he gets (last season) he's knocked out in playoffs, it's a wonder he's not been sacked already, despite the numerous roumors

Quick Reply