Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 91703 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #529: Jan 01, 2023 04:32:21 pm
      I'm increasingly confident as I read this thread that we'll sign him  :lmao: ;D
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #530: Jan 01, 2023 06:24:16 pm
      I’ve also heard they are at loggerheads because he want to join City.
      Hope his old man persuades him 😁

Seems a level headed lad. I don't for one second believe he's 'at loggerheads' with his dad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #531: Jan 01, 2023 07:11:11 pm
      He’s coming to us folks. Don’t know why we are even debating it. 😉
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #532: Jan 02, 2023 06:30:29 am
      He’s coming to us folks. Don’t know why we are even debating it. 😉

Don't jinx ist mate!  :D Wish I had your optimism
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #533: Jan 02, 2023 12:20:41 pm
      I’m thinking if we don’t get a deal done soon, even if it means waiting for the summer for his arrival, I think the opportunity is gonna pass us by.
      Jürgen saying he’s nothing more to spend in this window is alarming. Surely deals can be done and FSG will get their money returned when the new investment comes in, or when they sell the club.
      They can’t really lose, so why hold back now 🤷‍♂️

Surely better players on board makes the club more attractive 😳
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #534: Jan 02, 2023 01:04:39 pm
      I’m thinking if we don’t get a deal done soon, even if it means waiting for the summer for his arrival, I think the opportunity is gonna pass us by.
      Jürgen saying he’s nothing more to spend in this window is alarming. Surely deals can be done and FSG will get their money returned when the new investment comes in, or when they sell the club.
      They can’t really lose, so why hold back now 🤷‍♂️

Surely better players on board makes the club more attractive 😳
      Where did Jürgen say that?
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #535: Jan 02, 2023 01:54:33 pm

Klopp said he won't be spending like its monopoly. Said we need to raise funds because that's how we work.

Gapko was a summer signing brought forward. He will have to be paid for so I can see kellerher, Philips and other fringe players leaving to balance the books.

There won't be any more incoming this window. And signings like Bellingham just won't be happening in my opinion. No way we are bringing 130m in in sales ontop of the gapko fee and no way Jürgen will be backed with that kind of cash .... no chance. Its never happened and won't start happening now.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #536: Jan 02, 2023 03:48:59 pm

As quoted in the Express. Alleged quote that is !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #537: Jan 02, 2023 07:31:32 pm

It's in the press today. My dad read it in either the mirror or echo as he mentioned it during the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #538: Jan 02, 2023 07:32:20 pm
      Klopp said he won't be spending like its monopoly. Said we need to raise funds because that's how we work.

Gapko was a summer signing brought forward. He will have to be paid for so I can see kellerher, Philips and other fringe players leaving to balance the books.

There won't be any more incoming this window. And signings like Bellingham just won't be happening in my opinion. No way we are bringing 130m in in sales ontop of the gapko fee and no way Jürgen will be backed with that kind of cash .... no chance. Its never happened and won't start happening now.

Won't get shut of Kelleher, he's Ali's replacement.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #539: Jan 02, 2023 07:42:09 pm
      Won't get shut of Kelleher, he's Ali's replacement.

I don't want to sell him. But he's too good to sit season in season out doing nothing. I'd try a 2 year loan for him ... but I think he'll want first team football this summer and if as expected fsg give klopp FA to spend he will have to raise funds somehow. Alot of the deadwood will be leaving on free transfers.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #540: Jan 02, 2023 10:49:05 pm
      It is reported that Bellingham’s father wants his lad to join LFC.

Not really an indicator.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #541: Jan 02, 2023 11:13:15 pm
      Not convinced some people will get over it if we don't sign this lad.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #542: Jan 03, 2023 12:45:32 am
      Not convinced some people will get over it if we don't sign this lad.

I probably won’t. Seems tailor made of us. We have to show some ambition for a player like that.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #543: Jan 03, 2023 03:09:26 pm
      I probably won’t. Seems tailor made of us. We have to show some ambition for a player like that.

If he watched us last night I'm not sure we can match his ambition.

We can't afford him ... I just don't see him coming here. City, Madrid or dare I say it united will be ahead of us for his services.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #544: Jan 03, 2023 04:32:36 pm
      Im just curious on what people think, and i hope this dont end up in a FSG debate.

Alot of people here want Jude to join us, and i see why. He is a hell of a player. There is no doubt he is quality and quality attracts big teams. There was reports in summer that we are after him. Taking that into consideration, would people here like us to try to sign him this january?

Lets say that we dont get into top four, would he still join us? he doesnt owe us anything, being a top talent. he would like to join a team that is in CL?
      Do we go after him now or we gamble and wait for summer?

The way i see it, he would be more expensive now since Dortmund wont release him mid season and only a silly offer would attract him. That said, he could help us achieve top four if he comes in January. We could get him now, and then offload players in the summer.

On the downside, he just have had a good WC and being mid season then dortmund only will let him leave him for a overpriced offer. If we spend all transfer cash now then we wont be able to get our targets in summer. He could struggle to adapt to new team and playing mid season.

Im going to be honest and say that im not sure what i would like to see. Just writing my thoughts and see what others think of it.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #545: Jan 03, 2023 04:43:36 pm
      Why would Dortmund sell in January? they are in their own race currently 2 points out of 4th place and also advanced in the CL.

It makes no sense for them, no matter how much we may want him to arrive asap.

Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #546: Jan 03, 2023 04:48:12 pm
      Our best chance was to go all in last summer and this window. Show him how much we want him to be at the centre of the next great Liverpool team. He could even be our next captain for the long term.

Come on ... we all know deep down we don't play at this table. Fsg will not invest that money into the club ... and they're currently trying to cash their chips in.

The only way I see Bellingham coming here is if fsg go and the next ownership are willing to put the cash in and maybe then we can sell him the vision of klopp and the vision of the new ownership. It would certainly show they mean business.

As it is ... with fsg wanting out, our issues with important people behind the scenes wanting out, our dire form with an ageing team and potentially city and Madrid in for him ... I see know way he comes here. Sorry.

That's not to say we can't find midfielders who are better than we have and can play the style Jürgen likes. It should have been done long ago.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #547: Jan 03, 2023 04:49:53 pm
      Why would Dortmund sell in January? they are in their own race currently 2 points out of 4th place and also advanced in the CL.

It makes no sense for them, no matter how much we may want him to arrive asap.

I think they would sell now for a silly offer. Not saying we should offer that money but i think they would.

You think they wont, and thats as good as guess as mine. Lets just they would. would you offer that money now, or would you wait until summer? even tho making top four now is harder then we thought would be at the start of the season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #548: Jan 03, 2023 04:58:38 pm
      whatever the difference would be between a "silly offer" and what he would cost in the summer would be a lot less than what they would miss out on by missing top 4 next season and not play in the CL. It just does not make sense for them to sell.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #549: Jan 03, 2023 05:02:35 pm
      Im just curious on what people think, and i hope this dont end up in a FSG debate.

Alot of people here want Jude to join us, and i see why. He is a hell of a player. There is no doubt he is quality and quality attracts big teams. There was reports in summer that we are after him. Taking that into consideration, would people here like us to try to sign him this january?

Lets say that we dont get into top four, would he still join us? he doesnt owe us anything, being a top talent. he would like to join a team that is in CL?
      Do we go after him now or we gamble and wait for summer?

The way i see it, he would be more expensive now since Dortmund wont release him mid season and only a silly offer would attract him. That said, he could help us achieve top four if he comes in January. We could get him now, and then offload players in the summer.

On the downside, he just have had a good WC and being mid season then dortmund only will let him leave him for a overpriced offer. If we spend all transfer cash now then we wont be able to get our targets in summer. He could struggle to adapt to new team and playing mid season.

Im going to be honest and say that im not sure what i would like to see. Just writing my thoughts and see what others think of it.

Bellingham imo would join us regardless of CL or not

Imo he wants to come back to the Prem and wants to play for us

It won’t happen in January because Dortmund still have a lot to play for

I believe the clubs will come to some sort of structured arrangement

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #550: Jan 03, 2023 05:10:14 pm
      If ever this team needed a boost it’s now , this is not some time pot club this is a massive club on the world stage , no time for an fcg debate but this squad needs action and there’s no time to Fck about
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #551: Jan 03, 2023 05:30:03 pm
      Jude Bellingham alone wont be enough to cure the woes of this midfield.

Quick Reply