Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

January Transfer rumors?

Read 17403 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Re: January Transfer rumors?
      Reply #46: Dec 17, 2023 06:51:21 pm
      We need a forward more than anything. Endo is fine our attack is so worrying.

Christ here we go again 🙄

We aren’t going to buy another forward
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #47: Dec 17, 2023 06:58:51 pm
      We need a forward more than anything. Endo is fine our attack is so worrying.
      Holly sh*t, mate. You're like the groundhog of sh*t transfer takes. You disappear and only pop back out whenever there's some transfer talk to be had or for some negativity (preferably a mix of both) .

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #48: Dec 17, 2023 07:02:28 pm
      Christ here we go again 🙄

We aren’t going to buy another forward

Nunez is sh*t and lacks the ABC and IQ of being a forward. He will never improve nor he should be leading our line up plus we are losing Salah in the summer to Saudis.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #49: Dec 17, 2023 07:12:25 pm
      League looks more open this year than it has in a while.
      So if we can strengthen in January, why not do it.
      We have a small squad and have done OK with injuries so far this season compared to other teams.
      We don't have depth and the young lads aren't ready to compete at a high level.
      Gapko looks more like an attacking midfielder, Jota is injury prone, so if can get an attacker ...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #50: Dec 17, 2023 07:15:01 pm
      Nunez is sh*t and lacks the ABC and IQ of being a forward. He will never improve nor he should be leading our line up plus we are losing Salah in the summer to Saudis.

🤦‍♂️ when was it announced that Salah was going in the summer
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #51: Dec 17, 2023 07:16:58 pm
      I don't care Nunez is not a striker material and most people agree with me. Either play him on the left or just cut our loses if he doesn't improve. Going from Firmino to Nunez is a huge downgrade.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #52: Dec 17, 2023 07:18:01 pm
      I don't care Nunez is not a striker material and most people agree with me. Either play him on the left or just cut our loses if he doesn't improve. Going from Firmino to Nunez is a huge downgrade.

“Most people agree with me” 🤦‍♂️
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #53: Dec 17, 2023 07:24:23 pm
      “Most people agree with me” 🤦‍♂️

OK name one thing he's good at then ? He was bought to score goals and he can't do that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #54: Dec 17, 2023 07:30:18 pm
      OK name one thing he's good at then ? He was bought to score goals and he can't do that.
      What’s the point - you are in childish overreaction mood
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #55: Dec 17, 2023 07:32:07 pm
      What’s the point - you are in childish overreaction mood

The point is Nunez is not good enough. Sorry but he was bought for a record fee, he should be better than this. If you want to win something then we need a forward than can score goals, Diaz can't and Salah is aging. We only have Jota who's injury prone.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #56: Dec 17, 2023 07:33:50 pm

He's better in away games when we have more space in the final third and play a bit more on the break than at home and he can run onto balls in space,
      Struggles though against a packed defense, when can need more close control, accurate passing and link up play.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #57: Dec 18, 2023 10:44:50 am
      Really need another midfield player since Thiago is finished

Can’t rely on jones who needs to be shipped out this summer (did say it last year he is destined for the championship)

See if we can get a dm in jan and then move Trent to cm in the summer and our re build is complete
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #58: Dec 18, 2023 10:49:48 am
      Nunez is a funny one, he was a pure klopp buy, where as if you look at a lot of our other attackers they were not I would say and even over the years (not sure about mane) which may explain why he doesn’t seem like he is up to it

I must admit he is struggling and struggling bad, I don’t see a future for his at Liverpool. Reminds me of Antony at United. Just out of his depth against a low. Block team and we will be playing against a low block team 90 percent of the time

I would think what’s important here is to learn from this mistake and ensure the whole committee makes the decision going forward in big buys

We do have a quality issue up top, problem if we have the numbers but only Salah is class and am scared when he goes. The others seem decent at best

This is his second year Nunez, see how he does, I think he hasn’t scored in like 10 games and his performances are below par. Maybe loan him out next season and try to sell him and bring in another attacker

We were due a flop with how we get our big buys spot on always usually 

I love his personality and fire but I just don’t see him being a good player against a low block, I rather gapko and for me gapko is decent at best anyway

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #59: Dec 18, 2023 10:57:41 am
      If we sign anyone its a CB due to matip injury, otherwise it may just be if someone who is a long term target becomes avaialbel.

I'm sure klopp will be pretty happy to just work with this squad till the summer.

We have 3 or 4 players back from injury in January, that will be a massive boost to the squad, especially Jota & Robbo.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #60: Dec 18, 2023 11:00:04 am
      If we sign anyone its a CB due to matip injury, otherwise it may just be if someone who is a long term target becomes avaialbel.

I'm sure klopp will be pretty happy to just work with this squad till the summer.

We have 3 or 4 players back from injury in January, that will be a massive boost to the squad, especially Jota & Robbo.

I think a dm is certain. He’s almost down to bare bones, we still have 4 cb but i agree that shouldn’t be looked at as well.

We have 4 out injured and Thiago is leaving, so a replacement for him is likely imo
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #61: Dec 18, 2023 12:39:58 pm
      Surely people should know and understand how the club and Klopp works now

What the fans believe we need or should buy very rarely aligns

So far this Jan we have people wanting a

Right back
      Cb
      Dm
      Striker

If the club do bring in someone it will be no one will have expected
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #62: Dec 18, 2023 01:10:52 pm
      If we are desperate for a forward then there is no team in the world that does not need a forward.   I mean we drew a blank after about a million games!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #63: Dec 18, 2023 01:26:54 pm

And will be someone we've scouted for ages not a last minute buy.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #64: Dec 18, 2023 01:56:33 pm
      And will be someone we've scouted for ages not a last minute buy.

Yep - not sure why people don’t trust them more
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #65: Dec 18, 2023 04:34:07 pm
      Just bit of fantasy here (its almost Christmas, I'm allowed to dream.) So lots of noise about Joshua Kimmich potentially leaving Bayern. With Palhinha being a know target for Bayern and them potentially coming back for him in January, anybody would think we could be interested in Kimmich?

Not the age group we usually look for, but he's also the type of player we could make an exception for. Sort of a Mister Reliable type of player that primarily plays as a CDM but will give you solid performances as a CM or even as a right-back. I could go on about his qualities, but he's truly at least (emphasis on at least) a cut above the average in about anything you can ask from a footballer. I love his ''no messing around'' type of mentality. Tons of experience too.

Like I said, just a bit of fantasy, but I'd be interested in hearing what people have to say about this. Would solve our CDM issues, inject loads of quality both on and off the field and give us flexibility with a player who can cover across the midfield and as a full-back.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #66: Dec 18, 2023 05:54:58 pm
      Surely people should know and understand how the club and Klopp works now

What the fans believe we need or should buy very rarely aligns

So far this Jan we have people wanting a

Right back
      Cb
      Dm
      Striker

Not really mate

Fans knew we needed a midfield rebuild and only through suffering did klopp and conwake up to realise their mistake and even admitted it without saying it hence their actions a season later but we paid a heavy price for the mistake

I agree some of it is over the top but it’s clear to most fans what we need, that’s still to finish the job in midfield imo mainly because of Thiago being out and jones being so poor
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #67: Dec 18, 2023 05:56:51 pm
      Just bit of fantasy here (its almost Christmas, I'm allowed to dream.) So lots of noise about Joshua Kimmich potentially leaving Bayern. With Palhinha being a know target for Bayern and them potentially coming back for him in January, anybody would think we could be interested in Kimmich?

Not the age group we usually look for, but he's also the type of player we could make an exception for. Sort of a Mister Reliable type of player that primarily plays as a CDM but will give you solid performances as a CM or even as a right-back. I could go on about his qualities, but he's truly at least (emphasis on at least) a cut above the average in about anything you can ask from a footballer. I love his ''no messing around'' type of mentality. Tons of experience too.

Like I said, just a bit of fantasy, but I'd be interested in hearing what people have to say about this. Would solve our CDM issues, inject loads of quality both on and off the field and give us flexibility with a player who can cover across the midfield and as a full-back.

I think even yesterday we don’t always been a number 6 in games, because we are so dominant in games

I think our bigger issue is in the cm role ahead of that position still, I rather us buy a younger player who can play cdm in rotation with endo and that frees up Mac

But the problem we now have are injuries, we will drop points if we have to play players like jones on our main cm team imo

Badly need Mac back
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #68: Dec 18, 2023 05:56:57 pm
      Not really mate

Fans knew we needed a midfield rebuild and only through suffering did klopp and ko wake up to realise their mistake and even admitted it without saying it hence their actions a season later

I agree some of it is over the top but it’s clear to most fans what we need, that’s still to finish the job in midfield imo mainly because of Thiago being out and jones being

so poor

What mistake did Klopp do ? What did they admit too

Quick Reply