Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Wools v Scousers

Read 30710 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Wools v Scousers
      Reply #69: Oct 26, 2007 09:04:38 am
      OK i will admit perhaps the Derby means that bit more to scousers than the fans outside liverpool, but thats it, the passion thing is a load of rubbish.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #70: Oct 26, 2007 10:03:31 am
      Not too many dark years in the last 30. I don't think anyone was slagging oot fans off on here

Not sure about that JD tbh under-tones of koolkidda are not pleasant for a OOT (hence the multiple reactions in the Beskitas thread)...but lets leave it there.

A FAMILY OF GLOBAL REDS = LFC

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 12:31:50 pm by donrafael »
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #71: Oct 26, 2007 10:53:13 am
      This reminds me of those comic book readers who slate the spier-man movies and anyone who likes the movies because they feel that they are the real spider man fans and the movies are false and unjust. They act like the spider man franchise owes them something for reading the comic. Same concept

To all the scouser reds who think they are better reds fans caus they were born in Liverpool here's a f*cking medal so you can feel special, that wont make me shout any softer when Stevie G scores.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #72: Oct 26, 2007 11:07:51 am
      This reminds me of those comic book readers who slate the spier-man movies and anyone who likes the movies because they feel that they are the real spider man fans and the movies are false and unjust. They act like the spider man franchise owes them something for reading the comic. Same concept

Always knew you were a comic book geek ;D

Seriously though, that's not a bad analogy. I personally have to admit that IN GENERAL local fans tend to be more passionate than ooters, but that's not a sweeping statement that can be applied in every situation. For example I'm not from Liverpool, I've never lived there and likely never will. Anyone who tells me I'm not a true fan though can F**k right off & if anyone said it to my face it wouldn't be a very wise move. I don't think there is anyone on here who would say I'm not passionate about this club, and by the same token I know people who live in the city who don't have half the passion I do, people that text me hours after the game's finished to ask what the score was.

So all in all there may be more passionate fans in Liverpool itself, but that's not to say that anyone from outside the city can't be just as passionate.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #73: Oct 26, 2007 12:36:43 pm
      My missus also thinks I'm passionate about LFC... she wishes I would at least take in turns!

Come on smile boys... we ALL support the best club on the planet.

It's a a true honour to support LFC - wherever you may be in the world.

W.W.Y.N.W.A.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #74: Oct 26, 2007 12:48:55 pm
      Seriously though, that's not a bad analogy. I personally have to admit that IN GENERAL local fans tend to be more passionate than ooters, but that's not a sweeping statement that can be applied in every situation. For example I'm not from Liverpool, I've never lived there and likely never will. Anyone who tells me I'm not a true fan though can fu*k right off & if anyone said it to my face it wouldn't be a very wise move. I don't think there is anyone on here who would say I'm not passionate about this club, and by the same token I know people who live in the city who don't have half the passion I do, people that text me hours after the game's finished to ask what the score was.
      So all in all there may be more passionate fans in Liverpool itself, but that's not to say that anyone from outside the city can't be just as passionate.

That's a fair shout Eddie.

Now before people get on my back - I'm a wool, at OOT or whatever you want to throw at me.
      I live 54 miles from the gound.

But, I have total respect for the local's, and the way they support the team
      I say that because, when you hear the locals having a go at the OOT's / wools - it's for a very good reason.
      The ones they have a problem with are the ones who turn up to the match pissed out of there heads, making it an a cup final occasion.
      The one's who sing - 'who are you' to players like ronaldinho.
      The one's who sing anti Man Utd songs - when we play teams like Derby at home.

You have to learn how to respect a team like Liverpool and to support a team like scousers do.

Failing that and thinking you are a passionate fan who hasn't a clue on true support - then you deserve the wool / OOT tag.

I love Liverpool as much as the next supporter sat next to me, but I will always respect the views of the locals.
      I have been watching Liverpool since an 8 year old, and regularly since being 15  -  I am now 37.

So in 22 years of supporting I know what I'm talking about.

Listening to some of the comments on here are cringe worthy. (No I will not stoop and name names)

EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #75: Oct 26, 2007 12:50:48 pm
      You forgot to mention the 'fans' in jesters hats Tommo :D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #76: Oct 26, 2007 12:52:47 pm
      Oh, and the shouts of 'Easy, easy' they piss me off too, people that chant that can F**k off & support Chelsea whilst sucking Lovejoys cock. With 'fans' like this I can understand why ooters get a bad name, but some locals need to learn not to tar everyone with the same brush, some of us are proper fans, know our stuff, and would never stoop so low.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #77: Oct 26, 2007 12:53:48 pm
      Quote from mrtommo  link=topic=696.msg64997#msg64997 date=1193399335

Listening to some of the comments on here are cringe worthy. (No I will not stoop and name names)

Blimey where do I click for the audio version of the forum ;0)

Fella - on a serious note - why is Anfield so quiet recently? It's worse than ever IMHO.

Talking about cringing, that Spuds song about the Anfield Libary made me cringe - started singing in response but main stand thought I was a nutcase (not far wrong!)... so sat down again.

Surely that's not also down to OOT's/wools too is it? ...although there is more OOT's than ever recently... almost impossible to get a hotel room on Matchday in the city - correction totally impossible to get a hotel room on matchday.
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 12:58:43 pm by donrafael »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #78: Oct 26, 2007 12:56:05 pm
      Oh, and the shouts of 'Easy, easy' they piss me off too, people that chant that can fu*k off & support Chelsea whilst sucking Lovejoys cock. With 'fans' like this I can understand why ooters get a bad name, but some locals need to learn not to tar everyone with the same brush, some of us are proper fans, know our stuff, and would never stoop so low.

Stoop so low as to the level of Lovejoys waist?

Good shout Eddie. Stereo-typing is a big no-no and can genuinely offend and anger OOT's who truly love the club.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #79: Oct 26, 2007 12:56:15 pm
      Oh, and the shouts of 'Easy, easy' they piss me off too, people that chant that can fu*k off & support Chelsea whilst sucking Lovejoys cock. With 'fans' like this I can understand why ooters get a bad name, but some locals need to learn not to tar everyone with the same brush, some of us are proper fans, know our stuff, and would never stoop so low.

Exactly Ed.
      I take no offence to being called a wool / OOT - I am FFS.

But I know how to support my team - but also RESPECTING the locals is a big point.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #80: Oct 26, 2007 12:58:53 pm

Fella - on a serious note - why is so quiet at Anfield recently?

Talking about cringing, that Spuds song about the Anfield Libary made me cringe - started singing in response but main stand thought I was a nutcase (not far wrong!)... so sat down again.

Surely that's not also down to OOT's/wools too is it?

Of cause not.
      Anfield has been sh*t for atmosphere lately, why ?  I don't really know.

Maybe the team should play with more passion and gives us something to sing about.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #81: Oct 26, 2007 12:59:52 pm
      Quote from mrtommo  link=topic=696.msg65004#msg65004 date=1193399775
      Exactly Ed.
      I take no offence to being called a wool / OOT - I am FFS.

But I know how to support my team - but also RESPECTING the locals is a big point.

Pity a few of our away supporters haven't done that too well over the years...
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #82: Oct 26, 2007 01:07:37 pm
      from JD
      I think KK has highlighted a good point in this respect Nicola.

Next week you will be cheering on Cardiff against Liverpool.  Would any local Liverpool fan ever support anyone over the reds?

I come fro Liverpool JD but have nearly always supported two teams. :o

Liverpool and anyone who is playing Man U. >:D

Seriously I think this passion thing is rubbish.  You can be more passionate about Liverpool FC if you are not born in the City than so called local fans who claim Liverpool allegiance.

I have a colleague in work who is a born and bred Scouser and claims to be an LFC supporter.  He buys all his kids the latest kit and is never short of an opinion on how the reds are performing or what they are going to do.  Oh yeh, and he reads the S*n. :f_steam:

Seriously though, that's not a bad analogy. I personally have to admit that IN GENERAL local fans tend to be more passionate than ooters, but that's not a sweeping statement that can be applied in every situation. For example I'm not from Liverpool, I've never lived there and likely never will. Anyone who tells me I'm not a true fan though can fu*k right off & if anyone said it to my face it wouldn't be a very wise move. I don't think there is anyone on here who would say I'm not passionate about this club, and by the same token I know people who live in the city who don't have half the passion I do, people that text me hours after the game's finished to ask what the score was.

I don't agree with your comments Eddie.  I don't think you are just as passionate as some from the city - I think you are a darned site more passionate than a lot of so called local Liverpool fans.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #83: Oct 26, 2007 01:43:15 pm
      I can completely understand genuine local fans who cant get tickets having a gripe with ooters it must be horrible wanting to get to a game but cant cos tickets are sold out and then you see clowns with jester hats or therenational flag wrapped around them!

But we are honestly not all the same some of us wools have a genuine love for teh club and a huge respect for your city as a whole

I think if I was scouse it would be a sense of pride that so many people,millions of people, around the world follow your club. Of all the clubs in the world ask yourself if these people are glory hunters why dont they follow Milan or Madrid or Barce?  Its because the entire history of Liverpool, not just the glory, is amazing there is no club like it in the world and I love it and always will!
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #84: Oct 26, 2007 02:14:40 pm
      I live in Exeter and when i come see Liverpool play i have to take a near 500mile 8 hour round trip, is that not passionate enough for you?, plus i'm gutted for days when the lose a game, and it took weeks to get over the champs league defeat last season.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #85: Oct 26, 2007 02:28:26 pm

Not a bad idea. JD - can you look in to this as an option.  ;)

Fella - on a serious note - why is Anfield so quiet recently?

Too many wools.  :f_tongueincheek:
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #86: Oct 26, 2007 05:36:05 pm
      Not a bad idea. JD - can you look in to this as an option.  ;)

Too many wools.  :f_tongueincheek:

Very funny...  hope not to many wools in on Sunday then!

Mind you, I'm sure Tommo Hicks will be there (our most important OOT after Gillett and Benitez), screaming his head off as usual... so don't worry!

Fella, the first cerveza is on me when I'm next in town for a game - I will PM you, hopefully you can make it - so that you can see how passionate OOT's can be in the flesh (never confused! - that last line does sound ever so dodgy!!!) - will leave the jester hat at home this time...hahaha.
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 05:39:31 pm by donrafael »
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #87: Oct 26, 2007 09:49:01 pm
      I dont exactly have a problem with woolybacks as such but i can hardly get a ticket for the game and thats because of OOT's . Most of the people who have comented so far have said 'thats bollocks' but most of them have actually been woolybacks and are obviously going to say that.

I dont care what you say if you are not from Liverpool you have basically just chosen to support us and i think its no coincidence that with the influx of OOT's the atmosphere at anfield has declined.

Being honest i think in normal circumstances you should just support a club from the area where you are from because it represents your hometown and you should be proud of that .

Yer and offcourse a few of you are going to say 'well i have a season ticket and you want to see the passion i have on a match day' but the fact is most woolybacks i have encountered at the game are quiet and come out with sh*t shouts that give our club a bad name.

The likes of 'who the fuckinell are you' ......... and 'easy easy easy' are unfortunatley a regular occourance at anfield these days and this is because of ill-educated wools thinking we are any old club who sing jarg songs like that.

fact is wools in general take all the tickets that should really be going to local fans and diulute the atmosphere and you can argue all you like but ask any scouser who went the game before the influx of wools and he'll tell you the same.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #88: Oct 26, 2007 10:56:39 pm
      I dont exactly have a problem with woolybacks as such but I can hardly get a ticket for the game and thats because of OOT's . Most of the people who have comented so far have said 'thats bollocks' but most of them have actually been woolybacks and are obviously going to say that.

I dont care what you say if you are not from Liverpool you have basically just chosen to support us and I think its no coincidence that with the influx of OOT's the atmosphere at anfield has declined.

Being honest I think in normal circumstances you should just support a club from the area where you are from because it represents your hometown and you should be proud of that .

Yer and offcourse a few of you are going to say 'well I have a season ticket and you want to see the passion I have on a match day' but the fact is most woolybacks I have encountered at the game are quiet and come out with sh*t shouts that give our club a bad name.

The likes of 'who the fuckinell are you' ......... and 'easy easy easy' are unfortunatley a regular occourance at anfield these days and this is because of ill-educated wools thinking we are any old club who sing jarg songs like that.

fact is wools in general take all the tickets that should really be going to local fans and diulute the atmosphere and you can argue all you like but ask any scouser who went the game before the influx of wools and he'll tell you the same.

You won't get a bigger supporter of Liverpool Football Club than Tommo !!!  He's been going to the game with his season ticket for 22 years so I don't think its the sudden 'influx' of 'wools' as you put it.  Anyway, who counts the 'wools' and 'non-wools' going into the ground, thats what i'd like to know !!

Tickets are hard to come by no matter what, particularly league matches, you have got more chance of getting CL tickets or FA Cup tickets.  I've been to early rounds of CL and seen empty seats in the stadium, that was pre-2005, once we won the CL, it made LFC all the more attractive to prospective supporters, locals and OOT's.  Maybe if you joined the Priority Ticket Scheme you would have a better chance of league matches.  Just a thought.

koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #89: Oct 27, 2007 12:23:53 am
      Sorry to wade back in (but I will) nobody doubts that the likes of Tommo are HUGE reds fans.

I guess the point is that an element of the OOT support has diluted the atmosphere at Anfield.

I think lazb07 has summed it up about right.  Hey Tommo is probably an even bigger fan than I am and I am a scouser but overall - there are far too many day-trippers visiting Anfield these days - there to 'experience' the atmosphere rather than being part of it.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #90: Oct 27, 2007 01:21:27 am
      well if the fans of marseille can make anfeild seem as if its there own home stadium, im sure that the amount of scousers there can do the same. how is it that the local die hards as you put it are not in any way responsible for the atmosphere? was the stadium filled with OOT'S then?

I can assure you I wont be sitting down with a cup of tea telling every one to be quiet. me and the missus will try to make the kop hear us, thats all I can do for the atmosphere.

if the first time I get to anfeild and the team is in a slump id be telling everyone around me to get up and start singing, because really all its down to as far as atmosphere, is what you let it get to. and thats everyone not just OOT's.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #91: Oct 27, 2007 01:54:11 am
      Obviously the problem is not wools v scousers. It's we've got too much support and the bloody lucky fakes are blocking the real support getting in!
      If only we could have a ground with unlimited capacity and you could pay in on the door......the fakes would soon get tired.

Quick Reply