Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Positive note. How much better it all looks when our Strongest XI is available.

Read 13358 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Positive note. How much better it all looks when our Strongest XI is available.
      Nov 01, 2009 11:20:22 pm
      In light of recent results and the disappointment that has followed, I've been looking for positives amongst all the negatives that are currently attatching themselves to our great club. During a day of reflection the one big positive I came up with is looking at how strong we look as an injury free side. IMO Rafa is only two signings away from having a very strong bench then anything that comes after that in terms of adding quality will only be adding to our strength in depth.

In five years on an average yearly net budget taking into account his incoming and outgoing transfers amounting to £14,139,000 Rafa has built a starting XI that when fully fit IMO is capable of beating any team in this division and across Europe. Looking at that and noticing Rafa's transfers are calming down now that he has got the backbone of his team to some degree, he appears to be going for quality over quantity in the transfer market if this is a plan he intends to follow and with the likes of Nemeth, Pacheo, Kelly, Darby etc coming through the issue of strength in depth should not be an issue. I honestly believe after this season we are finally going to see the fruits of Rafa's labour and the pieces of the jigsaw will finally fall into place. I also feel when we get this Starting XI onto the pitch they are more than capable of going out there and going on a run of results that will truly reflect our quality.

Try be positive lads keep the faith and get behind the Team and Rafa, because looking at the potential starting XI below, exciting times are just around the corner for us :)

Starting XI

GK Pepe Reina
      LB Aurelio
      CB Agger
      CB Carragher
      RB Johnson
      LW Yossi
      CM Aquilani
      DM Mascherano
      RW Kuyt
      AM Gerrard
      CF Torres

Subs

GK Cavialeri
      LB Insua
      CB Skrtel
      LW Riera
      CM Lucas
      RW/CF Babel
      CF N'Gog

« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2010 10:38:31 am by RedLFCBlood »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Positive note. How much better it all looks with an injury free squad
      Reply #1: Nov 01, 2009 11:29:32 pm
      I don't think we have had a fully fit squad for over a year. Always been at least one regular first team player out injured in that time.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #2: Nov 01, 2009 11:29:51 pm
      good post mate.. I agree we need to stay positive.
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #3: Nov 01, 2009 11:33:41 pm
      'Fully fit squad'  theres the rub, wonder how many times we will manage to field 'your' team.
      You are right though, got to keep positive!! (God its hard work.....) ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Nov 01, 2009 11:37:41 pm
      'Fully fit squad'  theres the rub, wonder how many times we will manage to field 'your' team.
      You are right though, got to keep positive!! (God its hard work.....) ;D

We'll get them all out eventually and with Rafa being reluctant to rush any one back, hopefully any niggles should be long gone, giving them a decent run in the team.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5: Nov 02, 2009 02:22:58 am
      I would say we need 3 players, because I do not rate Cavialeri one little bit. It is going to be tough to attract a quality striker with our 1 up top formation because of course no player on earth can take over Torres' spot, and they know this. If I had my pick of players I would choose Berg from Hamberg. Or of course we could use Kuyt instead of bloody Vorinin when needed!!!!
      maxpinay
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Nov 02, 2009 03:25:15 am
      How I wish we can field this squad against Lyon on Wednesday...
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #7: Nov 02, 2009 06:12:26 am
      So, what he should do is take his 14,139,000 add it to what we'd get for his dross and buy 2 good players?  I lkie it.

Does anyone on here actually think he'll do that?  I don't.

He'll keep an average ability squad with too many players, because that's what he has done all his time here.

Oh, and he'll buy several 'hot prospects' who will never get a look in.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Nov 02, 2009 08:37:20 am
      Yeah but at this moment in time, we do not have a fully fit squad.  So we're still struggling and we will use whatever we have left.

Just hoping Gerrard doesn't need an op, otherwise we'll be snookered good and propper.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: Nov 02, 2009 08:55:00 am
      So, we've been really unlucky with injuries and viruses.

What are the chances of us having Gerrard, Agger, Skrtel, Aurelio and Johnson out. Torres not fully fit and Aquilani still recovering?

Any team will be in this blip of form with that amount of important players out in various games.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Nov 02, 2009 09:17:27 am
      Excellent stuff RedLFCBlood.

I do agree. I feel we're a couple of players off being amazing. Then after that we just need to bulk up the squad a little.

With regards to cover for Torres, I think the reason Nemeth is out on loan is so he can get first team action to prepare for being a proper cover striker for us. As has already been mentioned, no striker is sure of a start when Nando is fit and well. The ones that are here now can be improved and they'll be a bit happier waiting in the wings for a pop than a big name striker being brought in. 
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #11: Nov 02, 2009 09:47:52 am
      I think the reason Nemeth is out on loan is so he can get first team action to prepare for being a proper cover striker for us.

Yeah, I made this point on another forum when they were banging on about Arsenal's kids being better. Rafa has worked very hard to bring the best young players to the club that he can get, now some of those have gone out on loan to prepare them for the first team. People argue that the likes of AEK are not that great but it's a physically tough league and surely tougher than the reserve league. I have high hopes for our 'starlets' over the next couple of seasons, I think we'll start seeing the rewards of Rafa's policies. Then we might not NEED a huge transfer budget every year.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #12: Nov 02, 2009 10:19:42 am
      Good post Red, Oh, the bliss of an injury free squad, stay positive.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #13: Nov 02, 2009 10:51:29 am
      So, we've been really unlucky with injuries and viruses.

What are the chances of us having Gerrard, Agger, Skrtel, Aurelio and Johnson out. Torres not fully fit and Aquilani still recovering?

Any team will be in this blip of form with that amount of important players out in various games.

Exactly ..... I mean what are we supposed to do when half our team is out with a virus of some sort and some with injury ? And ys not having the money to spend to increase our squad depth .

About Nemeth .....I really would like him back here and I do think he'd be great on our bench and he would make and impact . I really hope we do have an injury-free squad or at least more than whatever we have now !
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: Nov 02, 2009 10:55:41 am
      On a positive note.

At the end of a storm ...Is a golden sky

That Golden Sky being a Starting XI that is more than capable of putting a decent run of results together and climbing up the table :)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #15: Nov 02, 2009 11:27:12 am
      Totally agree our 1st team is right up there. our 1st 16 players are good enough, after that though its dodgy!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #16: Nov 02, 2009 12:33:46 pm
      Simply put, our first team fully fit would decimate the whole Premier League. Frankly, with how unlucky we are; I don't mind right now, the tides will definitely change. The winds of change will soon blow our way and they the cu*ts, mancs, idolators, false prophets, liars and book makers will all stand in awe.

Posivity is what we need. This is our club, lets make it seem that way; all who need to jump ship this is the perfect time to do so. All real men of valour hold on; the ship is shaking, but stay with ship. Things will become better, the storm will be over! Soon!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #17: Nov 02, 2009 01:00:18 pm
      I seem to remember Souness having some problems with a lot of hamstring problems.Considering the amount of coaching and medical staff we have I find it a bit disappointing that we have these injury niggles. Stevie has had this problem for a while maybe he should consider retiring from International football so he can remain fit for LFC.We all know our best 12 or 13 is good enough but its when we get down to 15 or 16 we come unstuck as these players Babel ,Voronin etc simply do not make the most of their opportunities when they arise.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #18: Nov 02, 2009 01:21:28 pm
      That really is a boss first team, but we've now seen what happens when we get an injury or two, everything falls apart!

Looking at that team the things I think we need to improve on are perhaps another quality centre back to take over from Carra when he inevitably starts to get older, perhaps a left back if Aurelio persists with getting injured playing in his garden, and finally a top class right winger in the mould of Mata or Silva. Yossi has stepped up and is now a starter every time for me, but Kuyt's still failed to impress me as a first teamer. Good squad player, and can come on and do a job but he shouldn't be first team.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Nov 02, 2009 01:33:03 pm
      That really is a boss first team, but we've now seen what happens when we get an injury or two, everything falls apart!

a top class right winger in the mould of Mata or Silva. 

They are both predominately left sided players mate :)
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #20: Nov 02, 2009 01:54:32 pm
      They are both predominately left sided players mate :)

Hence it makes perfect sense to have the squad player Kuyt on the bench, with Benny on the right. Aurelio/Riera on the left, I see no problems with that. We need to look at what we have before becoming overly enthusiastic at long shots coming to our squad ie Silva, Mata.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21: Nov 02, 2009 02:03:57 pm
      Hence it makes perfect sense to have the squad player Kuyt on the bench, with Benny on the right. Aurelio/Riera on the left, I see no problems with that. We need to look at what we have before becoming overly enthusiastic at long shots coming to our squad ie Silva, Mata.

I know they are top class players mate, but the post I was responding to he stated he wanted a quality right winger Silva or Mata ;D
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #22: Nov 02, 2009 02:12:17 pm
      I know. I was simply stating that on our left wing we need to trust our players and that we really dont need Mata or Silva. Both wings will handle themselves.

Quick Reply