Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Luuk De Jong (FC Twente)

Read 14875 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Luuk De Jong (FC Twente)
      Nov 14, 2010 06:09:10 pm
      Liverpool have their eyes on Luuk De Jong as a long-term successor to Dirk Kuyt.

The 20-year-old FC Twente forward - also wanted by Spanish side Real Zaragoza - could be winging his way to Anfield at the end of the season.

The Dutchman will be available for £2.5million in June.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/reds-target-de-jong
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Luuk De Jong (FC Twente)
      Reply #1: Nov 14, 2010 06:24:06 pm
      Not happening
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 14, 2010 06:25:54 pm
      Dutch League?? Dexter??
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #3: Nov 14, 2010 07:06:02 pm
      Won't happen. He's not leaving Twente anytime soon for us, if at all for any club. He's a starter for them since this season, and they're battling for the championship in the dutch league and they're playing champions league. He's not leaving them to sit on the bench somewhere. That said, he's worth that investment, think he's the best dutch striker prospect, rate him over Van Wolfswinkel personally. Always risk involved with young players like that though ofcourse, and he wouldn't be a first team regular for at least 2 maybe 3 seasons I'd say, he just turned 20.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #4: Oct 07, 2011 11:44:41 am

In the Rumour Mill section of The Guardian ...

Football transfer rumours: Liverpool to land £10m Luuk de Jong?

John Ashdown
      Friday 7 October 2011 07.54 BST

Liverpool have been "Being Brave" in the transfer market for a year now and January will be no exception. They want to splash £10m on FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong. They say he's a "Natural One" in front of goal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/07/football-rumours-liverpool-luuk-de-jong
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Oct 07, 2011 12:05:35 pm
      Won't happen. He's not leaving Twente anytime soon for us, if at all for any club. He's a starter for them since this season, and they're battling for the championship in the dutch league and they're playing champions league. He's not leaving them to sit on the bench somewhere. That said, he's worth that investment, think he's the best dutch striker prospect, rate him over Van Wolfswinkel personally. Always risk involved with young players like that though ofcourse, and he wouldn't be a first team regular for at least 2 maybe 3 seasons I'd say, he just turned 20.

Come back Dexter and give us an opinion on how realistic this transfer is now.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #6: Oct 07, 2011 12:20:00 pm
      Come back Dexter and give us an opinion on how realistic this transfer is now.

Well, Dexter certainly has a better insight in Dutch football ... Still, I doubt that Twente would be willing to sell De Jong as early as January, especially considering that they've sold Bryan Ruiz in August ... I can see De Jong being a realistic target for LFC, but probably for the next summer ...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Oct 07, 2011 03:10:21 pm

Come back Dexter :(
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #8: Dec 24, 2011 07:56:01 pm
      Heard he will be in the directors Box Monday night!!!!
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #9: Dec 24, 2011 07:58:46 pm

Good he can see us annihilate Blackburn, tell him they're top of the league as well :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #10: Dec 24, 2011 09:04:46 pm

Where'd u get this info from? :O

Here's a compilation of him this season....

Luuk de Jong | 2011/2012 | The Next Van Persie?
      « Last Edit: Dec 24, 2011 09:20:01 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: Dec 24, 2011 09:23:53 pm
      Saw him against Fulham wasn't impressed.  He looked like another target man.  Basically Carroll with a better touch.
      Bier
      Reply #12: Dec 24, 2011 09:35:04 pm
      Nah, he isn't just a target man, more an allround striker. Although because he's tall and strong he can play that target man role too. But in the summer Janssen and Ruiz left their team, and ever since Twente is having problems because they don't have any playmakers anymore. As a result they're playing the long ball to their 2 tall strikers alot. They're having issues reaching their strikers in other ways right now.
      « Last Edit: Dec 24, 2011 09:45:07 pm by Bier »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Dec 24, 2011 10:03:04 pm
      I see bier wasn't impressive against Fulham though was looking out for him because of the links. Thought Hangleland had him in his pocket reminded me of Carrolls performance against Fulham
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #14: Dec 24, 2011 10:17:46 pm

A friend of mine runs a soccer acadamy he had some Liverpool coaches over and they were saying him and a player from the Portuguese leagues are coming over.
      Bier
      Reply #15: Dec 24, 2011 10:22:39 pm
      Think I've seen that game, but don't remember much of it. Hangeland is a pretty solid defender though. Physically especially not easy to compete with him when you're a 21 year old player. But I think De Jong is intelligent, good in his positioning, movement and combinations. I have no doubt he can form a good partnership with a player like Suarez. But even I'll admit that it's hard to say how fast he can make an impact.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Dec 24, 2011 10:35:42 pm
      Look a bit away for me but you know him a lot more than i do bier. Do you think he will be a good signing and do u think he has the potential to be a top top player
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #17: Dec 24, 2011 10:40:38 pm

I'm interested to see if this is true. If it's true we're definitely already planning and talking to clubs about players.
      Bier
      Reply #18: Dec 24, 2011 10:50:18 pm
      Look a bit away for me but you know him a lot more than i do bier. Do you think he will be a good signing and do u think he has the potential to be a top top player
      Depends what we want from him. If we sign him then we shouldn't expect too much out of him this season. Would be only fair to give him some time to adjust untill next season starts. Ofcourse he might just surprise us. But in the long run, yeah I do think he'll be top.

Ofcourse, I think we need a striker right now who can make an immediate impact. But that's not an easy task.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #19: Dec 26, 2011 07:31:08 pm
      Don't know an awful lot about him so not gonna give an opinion just yet but would like to know if anyone genuinely saw him at Anfield today?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #20: Dec 26, 2011 08:06:06 pm

De Jong has Premier dream
      Twente striker not being distracted by speculation over future

Last Updated: December 26, 2011 2:00pm

FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong has confirmed his interest in playing in the Premier League after being linked with Everton and Newcastle United.

The Netherlands international has been in impressive form for Twente this season and has been watched by scouts from English clubs on several occasions.

The 21-year-old is keen to play in a different league in the future, but insists the speculation will not affect his focus on delivering the goods for Twente.

"Of course in the future I'd love to play in the EPL," De Jong told the Dutch media. "I've read about all the interest but personally I haven't heard so much till now.

"The Premier League is a really good competition and I think that the type of football played there is suited for me. They play a lot with long balls and crosses, while some teams play really good football.

"Defensively a lot of teams play in zones so there is always a lot of space between the lines.

"(The speculation) is a sign I'm doing my job well otherwise if it's true then these clubs wouldn't be following me.

"Believe me all this doesn't affect me or keep me occupied, for me it's only important that I'm fully focused and playing well for FC Twente again after a period when I wasn't as good."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7395461/De-Jong-has-Premier-dream
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #21: Dec 27, 2011 05:08:08 pm
      Not for me. We need to break the bank and go for a proven striker in the mid 20's age.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #22: Dec 28, 2011 12:06:47 am

What scares me is as much as he misses the goal, we might just get him haha..

Quick Reply