Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Top 4 will be stronger next season.

Read 15964 times
      keydow
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Re: Top 4 will be stronger next season.
      Reply #23: Feb 20, 2011 03:34:27 pm
      there are very few loyalites in football anymore. Stevie and carra ate the only examples I see. I didnt think owen would ever play for the manc and i didnt think torres would ever play for chelsea. But they did. so i think rafa would have no moral delima going to the chavs...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #24: Feb 20, 2011 09:11:08 pm
      I hope not, they can have Torres but not Rafa. Next they will want Kenny, never mind wanting our fans and our stadium. Ohh yeah, and im sure they wouldn't mind our history as well.
      As the saying goes, the are somethings money can't buy!.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #25: Feb 20, 2011 09:55:33 pm
      As long as we get the 4-5 decent players we need,F**k the rest of them.I dont give a fook who signs who, as long as we get what we need.P.s my old man is a city season ticket holder.He was told that Messi is on citys wish list and they will try everything in there power to get him.
      What u think messi will leave barca? are u on a different planet!
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #26: Feb 20, 2011 10:30:26 pm
      I think we have a great chance at the top 4 next season. I think we will get Ashley Young in the summer for sure and I think we probably add another fullback to the mix although I think Johnson and Kelly have looked great since Daglish came on. It is starting to look like we have the pieces for a great starting XI we just need to add some quality depth.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #27: Feb 20, 2011 11:31:49 pm
      I expect to see Rafa in charge next season.
      Lmao.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #28: Feb 20, 2011 11:40:16 pm
      What u think messi will leave barca? are u on a different planet!
      Money talks my friend.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #29: Feb 20, 2011 11:43:54 pm
      good thread trebor ,but with all the strengthening of the top teams we still cant get our heads around beating the weaker teams ,especially the ones coming up from the championship ,so maybe we should be looking at these and how they play as a team,because thats what football is all about playing as a team ,no money will buy that.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #30: Feb 21, 2011 06:41:22 am
      Your thoughts please on our chances of top 4 as I think it will be even harder next season.

Mancs - They will undoubtably strenghen next season and will be just as strong as usual.
      Arsenal - They are going to have to bite the bullet and spend as thier defence looks shakey.
      Man City - Plenty of ins and outs as usual. They,ll be happy with CL this season but will want to dominate next season.
      Spurs - The big one for them is if they can keep hold of Bale and Modric.
      Chelsea - They are going to have to spend big next season as they will have to build a team around thier 50 million star man. I expect to see Rafa in charge next season.

The rest will also strengthen and for us we,ll have to spend some big money also. Exciting times ahead I think.

Mancs - Aging spine, new financial regulations, heavy debt on the club is a ticking time bomb. May not be next season but I expect them to regress sharply over the next 2-3 seasons.

Arsenal - They never buy, ever. They don't bite the bullet and with the success of this season even with a shaky defense I don't see them spending big on really anything.

City - I can see another 2 big signings because of the amount of money they will bring in off unloading basically a starting XI's worth of players in the summer. They have a lot of dead weight on their payroll. But I think City is going to be constantly improving, if they can keep Tevez.

Spurs - Perfect example of a team being better than the sum of their parts, not sure where Spurs will go but I believe they will be a lock for battling for 4th but not sure if they have the wear with all to challenge for a title.

Chavs - Rapidly aging, losing quality backroom staff by the day, chronically over confident, very few youth prospects except Sturridge. (Rafa going to the Chavs doesn't even need to be addressed.)

All in all I do believe that the league is constantly getting more and more competitive. I also believe that the league is changing in a way we have not seen really since the beginning of the Premier League. Man Utd are losing their grip on the league and Chelsea's age is really showing. The league over the next few years is really going to be up for grabs.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31: Feb 21, 2011 06:57:39 am
      I see no reason why we could not battle for top spot next season, personally think we are going to see Young, Turan, Hazard, at least one of them along with some more mid-help and shoring up of the bench. Our youth system looks really strong right now and I expect to see Coady, Suso and maybe another battling for first team spots.....the future is bright, just need to fill a few holes on the wings.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #32: Feb 21, 2011 09:25:32 am
      i'd agree with most people here.

scum will be weaker for very obvious reasons. can't keep relying giggs and scholes to tick the midfield over.

arsenal will be stronger, they have one of the youngest teams in the league and a solid foundation. depends a lot on fabregas keeping his pants on when barca come in with the usual fanfare in the summer though. he's a real d1ck-tease that boy...

chavs...going downhill, but wouldn't write them off so quickly. a change of manager and a couple of players will bring them back up again.

citeh, i think will be stronger, they're doing well with a team where i think nigel de jong is the only player to have started and finished the full 90 minutes for all pl games. they'll be more settled.

spurs, having a good run, that's all. easily deposable.

of course, we keep kenny and add a couple more to first team in the summer, we'll be right up there ;)
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #33: Feb 21, 2011 10:50:49 am
      City will gel more for next season I'm not sure they need a winger though, Johnson on one side and Silva on the other is pretty mouth watering if you ask me. They just need to get used to each other and the way each other plays.

United will no doubt be there again, although Shrek fit in well with the Crawley lads.

Arsenal aren't predictable in the transfer window. Didn't go for a centre half this Jan and that surprised me a little bit. Unless they have someone lined up for summer.

Don't like talking about Chelsea, I hate everything about everything they stand for. If a club could be polar opposites of us its definitely them. Skum!

Either way boys we are on the up with good owners, good manager, good morale in the team and all going in the same direction. If we are interested in anyone in summer I reckon any player who wants to play in the prem would find us hard to turn down. Big assault next year.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #34: Feb 21, 2011 11:08:09 am
      As long as we get the 4-5 decent players we need,F**k the rest of them.I dont give a fook who signs who, as long as we get what we need.P.s my old man is a city season ticket holder.He was told that Messi is on citys wish list and they will try everything in there power to get him.

Can't see Messi leavin Barca for Citeh mate , plus doesn't he have a 90 million buy out clause . Not even Citeh would splash that
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #35: Feb 21, 2011 11:18:40 am
      I don't think Arsenal needs a centre half but if you mean as a short term cover then maybe. They've got one of the best in my opinion, in Thomas Vermaelen. I really rate him but he's been injured this season. And they also have Laurent Koscielny. It is his first season and he was at times a liability but I think he was really great against Barcelona. Sebastien Squillaci was more of a cover for them. I still feel they'd be very strong from now on. They have a group of players - Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, Song, RvP whom are all reaching their peak simultaneously. Throw in rising stars like Szczęsny, Wilshere, Walcott and Ramsey with the experience of Arshavin and Rosicky.

Man United is hardly a great team. Then don't have many good players but they surely play well as a team. Nani, Rooney, Evra and Vidic are probably some of their good ones. And of course, they usually benefit from referees, ;D. Like I said, they won't improve much or at all unless they spend decent in the summer.

Chelsea, they are a squad going backwards. 85% of their team is either 30+ or approaching 30.

Spurs and Man City are improving but we will always be bigger than them. Like I said as well, players would come to us before going to them unless they want a bigger paycheck. And I don't think Messi will ever leave Barcelona. They've done too much for him and he probably feels he is indebted to them.

Whatever it is, if we can get some really good players in the summer and lose the average ones, I don't see why we can't challenge or beat them all since our owners, manager, players and fans are all aiming for the same bullseye.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #36: Feb 21, 2011 12:01:58 pm
      Arsenal will F**k up as per usual. They'll do well for two thirds then throw it away at the business end like they've been doing for years.

United will be strong as usual. They'll only fail once Ferguson goes.

Chelsea, if allowed, will buy in quality but they need to bring in a few British based players as I think that's what they're missing. When they were winning the League back in the mid 00s, they had players who'd been in England for years. They'll buy Rodwell and Gary Cahill this summer.

Spurs will be around the top four again but aren't good enough to win the League. Even if they keep hold of the current squad and make a couple of additions, they still won't be good enough.

City will sell and buy in bulk again and still get nowhere. Won't win a thing this year, next or the year after until the accept that a team takes time not just keep buying a whole new squad every 12 months.

We will just stroll the League and have it won by Christmas.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #37: Feb 21, 2011 12:02:11 pm
      To me anything could happen.
      We were in 2nd spot in 2008/09 when we dropped to 7th following season with majority of the players still around. It could happen to others.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #38: Feb 21, 2011 12:04:00 pm
      Arsene never believed in heavy spending, instead he opted for younger and more versatile players. That's his key for success. He didn't won anything for the past 5 years but I could see something might happen next season at least. Plus if the new ruling come to play I think they will benefit the most as they're have the least accumulated debt (I think so).

Scum this season is a total fluke for them to be on the top. As we all know eventhough they played mediocre football, others are at least the same if not worse. They lost ratboy and now Giggs and Scholes may follow suit I think they will be searching for immediate replacement. Hargreaves will not sell for a high value, nor does Carrick. Rio is vulnerable at most time, Vidic can be easily out manoeuvred if his opponent got the physical strength(Carroll will make him s**t in his pants!)Ferguscum signing were far from promising. So I might expect Scum will be far less stronger.

Chavs on the other hand will need the most overhauling next season. They got some aging players like Anelka, Drogba, Lampard, Malouda and this will require immediate attention. I believe that Roman never believed in youth policy and he will continue spending big but the question remains will he be able to do that as the new ruling come to fore and the valuable 50 million pound question is, can they cope with their 50 million traitor fantasy ambitions of having every single f**king quality players surrounding him?

City will flex their muscle again for sure. Money can buy success and only a fool thinks like that. You can have all the money in the world but would you rather have a squad of mercenaries and glory hunters than a squad dedicated enough to win everything? I guess money will talk and some might be tempted but don't think they'll get the best!

I think we're the only team that really do consider the importance of having a proper youth system. I do think we have one of the best youth squad in the world and in any given chance they will have a go. We are one of the teams that really need a little tweak in some department as for right now we got the complete balance of youth+energized experienced players+seniors. So next season will a couple of addition (it may not necessarily be top signings) we'll rule again!
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #39: Feb 21, 2011 12:12:39 pm
      We're still miles behind the top 5.

The wigan match was a wake up call, just like it should have been for all of you. We are still very much 4-5 players short from mounting any sort of realistic challenge again. We need a pair of wingers and a left back. We could actually do with 3 world class players all down the middle too, a forward, a centre mid and a centre half.

Despite some good results under the kenny and although the performances have actually improved, some of the performances have been basic and quite sh*te to be honest.  Blackpool away - sh*te. Wigan and fulham at home - sh*te. Sparta away - sh*te. So I'm far from one of these reds jumping around saying we will win the league next season under Kenny, because unless we invest heavily we wont come anywhere near, not even close, not even top 4.

Although i have no doubt that both Suarez and Carroll will be good additions to the squad, neither are prem experienced and neither are guranteed 20 goals a season but the likes of defoe, tevez, rooney, torres and van persie all are.

Unless we spend close to 100m this summer then we will not win the league and i doubt we will challenge for top 4. The fact is the teams above us are just miles ahead.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40: Feb 21, 2011 12:16:42 pm
      More importantly....we will be much stronger.

Not bothered about the rest to be honest and cannot see Rafa going to Chelsea!

This.

We will get, new :- LB, LW, RW. sorted...
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #41: Feb 21, 2011 12:26:17 pm
      The wigan match was a wake up call, just like it should have been for all of you. We are still very much 4-5 players short from mounting any sort of realistic challenge again.

Those four or five players wouldn't happen to include - Agger, Gerrard, Carroll (all missing against Wigan). All three who'd get into most Liverpool fan's strongest XI.

Add to that a couple of signings, more than likely on the wings and there's your four or five players from the Wigan game - a game in which we drew because of the officials getting the decision wrong anyway. Not that we played well enough to win to be fair, we didn't create enough chances but the officials still fu**ed up the big decision and it cost us without the need of four or five extra players.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #42: Feb 21, 2011 12:32:54 pm
      We're still miles behind the top 5.

The wigan match was a wake up call, just like it should have been for all of you. We are still very much 4-5 players short from mounting any sort of realistic challenge again. We need a pair of wingers and a left back. We could actually do with 3 world class players all down the middle too, a forward, a centre mid and a centre half.

Despite some good results under the kenny and although the performances have actually improved, some of the performances have been basic and quite sh*te to be honest.  Blackpool away - sh*te. Wigan and fulham at home - sh*te. Sparta away - sh*te. So I'm far from one of these reds jumping around saying we will win the league next season under Kenny, because unless we invest heavily we wont come anywhere near, not even close, not even top 4.

Although I have no doubt that both Suarez and Carroll will be good additions to the squad, neither are prem experienced and neither are guranteed 20 goals a season but the likes of defoe, tevez, rooney, torres and van persie all are.

Unless we spend close to 100m this summer then we will not win the league and I doubt we will challenge for top 4. The fact is the teams above us are just miles ahead.

How's Mancini's Citeh doing now...
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #43: Feb 21, 2011 12:49:51 pm
      Those four or five players wouldn't happen to include - Agger, Gerrard, Carroll (all missing against Wigan). All three who'd get into most Liverpool fan's strongest XI.

Add to that a couple of signings, more than likely on the wings and there's your four or five players from the Wigan game - a game in which we drew because of the officials getting the decision wrong anyway. Not that we played well enough to win to be fair, we didn't create enough chances but the officials still fu**ed up the big decision and it cost us without the need of four or five extra players.

Lmao dunlop, any chance to put that in and you take it, still going on about that even though we both no it was Kellys awful defending ;) ;D?

Mate we are still a good amount of players away because the squad is too thin - that's exactly my point.
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 21, 2011 12:50:31 pm
      How's Mancini's Citeh doing now...

Ok, the fee is irrelevant, we need 4-5 quality players bringing in is what i meant.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #45: Feb 21, 2011 01:00:52 pm
      Mate we are still a good amount of players away because the squad is too thin - that's exactly my point.

If we keep this system, I'd say we're pretty much sorted for a started for a starting XI

Reina

Kelly
      Skrtel
      Carra
      Agger
      Johnson

Gerrard
      Meireles
      Lucas

Carroll
      Suarez

We may be one or two squad players light, but certainly nowhere near what we were in the summer because Kenny has found a system to hide our real weaknesses - the wingers. Plus Kenny's belief in playing the youngsters is only gonna sort out those problems a little bit more.

Quick Reply