Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

FA Suarez documents released

Read 56639 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: FA Suarez documents released
      Reply #46: Dec 31, 2011 06:06:15 pm
      This is the thing; there is no video evidence of Suarez saying anything.

All there is, is one mans word against another.

I take it the FA have concluded that the first conversation took place rather than the second, to which the obvious question is; how?

bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #47: Dec 31, 2011 06:07:08 pm
      Page 59: 231. We found Mr Evra to be an impressive witness. He gave his evidence to us in a calm,
      composed and clear manner.

Page 60: 237. However, Mr Suarez was not as impressive a witness as Mr Evra. His answers were not
      always clear or directly addressed to the question.
      Evra has lived in England for 5 years?!
      Suarez hasn't lived her for 1?!
      How the hell is Suarez going to be clear and precise to answer the questions?!
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #48: Dec 31, 2011 06:08:48 pm
      And I know its not a great source by any means, but looks like the papers are already reporting it badly...
      http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Patrice-Evra-Liverpool-s-Luis-Suarez-told-me-I-don-t-speak-to-blacks-article847872.html

'The report also said Luis Suarez gave "unreliable" and "inconsistent" evidence to the commission investigating claims that he racially abused Evra.'
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #49: Dec 31, 2011 06:08:58 pm
      Page 59: 231. We found Mr Evra to be an impressive witness. He gave his evidence to us in a calm,
      composed and clear manner.

Page 60: 237. However, Mr Suarez was not as impressive a witness as Mr Evra. His answers were not
      always clear or directly addressed to the question.

Racist c**ts the fa.

Because a south American less then 12 months in England isnt clear in his answers hes guilty. Go and fook right off
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #50: Dec 31, 2011 06:09:48 pm
      Racist c**ts the fa.

Because a south American less then 12 months in England isnt clear in his answers hes guilty. Go and fook right off

That's the comment I was about to make.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #51: Dec 31, 2011 06:12:47 pm
      Surely they didn't make Luis stand up and explain himself in English? If so thats F***ing ridiculous considering the amount of time he has been here.

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #52: Dec 31, 2011 06:13:32 pm
      I love this bit.

In his interview with Canal+ shortly after the game, Mr Evra said "You can even see
      clearly on his lips what he told me at least ten times". It is worth bearing in mind that Mr
      Evra had only told the journalist about the incident off the record, but that the journalist
      nevertheless asked Mr Evra about it during the filmed interview. This is the unchallenged
      evidence of Mr Guy, the journalist, supported by Mr Evra.
      280. Mr Evra said that the phrase "ten times" was just a figure of speech in France. We
      understood Mr Comolli to say broadly the same thing, though he thought that Mr Evra
      should have been more precise when giving evidence on such a serious matter on
      television.
      281. We find that Mr Evra's use of the phrase "ten times" was a figure of speech and not meant
      to be taken literally. In circumstances where he was angry and upset after the game, he
      had only spoken to Canal+ about this topic off the record, they had nevertheless asked
      him about it when filming (contrary to his request that they not do so), and he was using
      what appears to be a common figure of speech in France,
      there is nothing in the Canal+
      interview which materially undermines Mr Evra's evidence.

COMMON FIGURE OF SPEECH IN FRANCE AND THEY ACCEPTED THAT. Double standards much.
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #53: Dec 31, 2011 06:14:05 pm
      Just heard that it had been released and the chap on five live reckons he's got to page 60 and it seems to boil down to Evra's word against Luis'.
      There doesn't  appear to be any video evidence and the Utd. Goalie heard nothing despite most of it taking place in his goal mouth.
      Will read it properly over next couple of days, but why release it on New Year's Eve.
      Really think Luis' has been stitched up good and proper.
      Happy New Year to one and all!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,523 posts | 2874 
      Reply #54: Dec 31, 2011 06:19:32 pm
      I'm not sure if the FA expect anyone to take this seriously or whether it's a joke.

Us fans are picking holes in it for fun, imagine what Suarez's lawyers will be like!
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #55: Dec 31, 2011 06:21:30 pm
      Mr
      Suarez used the word "negro" or "negros" seven times, in the course of an
      acrimonious argument, and went beyond simply addressing Mr Evra as "negro".

Mr Evra's evidence is that up to this point Mr Suarez had used the word "negro" or
      “negros” five times in the goalmouth

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #56: Dec 31, 2011 06:27:26 pm
      Its a joke but the one thing il say is u can see suarez grabbing evras skin which doesnt help.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #57: Dec 31, 2011 06:28:26 pm
      "We found that Mr Evra's account is probably what happened" UNBELIEVABLE
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2884 
      Reply #58: Dec 31, 2011 06:28:32 pm
      I'm not sure if the FA expect anyone to take this seriously or whether it's a joke.

Us fans are picking holes in it for fun, imagine what Suarez's lawyers will be like!

Chats you just put a smile on my face pal.

In anger I havent even considered the fact that the legal team will be going through this with a fine tooth comb. As you say if us Joe soaps can find faults in it they will certainly tear into it
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #59: Dec 31, 2011 06:28:42 pm
      If what they are saying on SKY is true, then he is as guilty as you can be.

I don't think the FA\Media would make this up. We as a club need to shut up, accept the ban and move on. Of course everyone has opinions and that is mine.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #60: Dec 31, 2011 06:31:18 pm
      Point 12 is interesting.

During the interview, the FA and Mr Evra watched some footage of the match.  Mr Evra pointed out to the FA, by reference to the video footage, when it was during the match the Mr Suarez had made the comments about which Mr Evra had complained.  This information enabled the FA to ask broadcasters to provide footage of what appeared to be key moments of the game, so far as Mr Evra's complaint was concerned.  This video footage was provided in due course. It contained material which was not broadcast, including footage of the exchanges in the penalty area in the 63rd minute taken from a number of different camera angles.

If Sky had footage proving this allegation, I find it hard they to believe they wouldn't air it.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #61: Dec 31, 2011 06:32:43 pm

I don't think the FA\Media would make this up.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #62: Dec 31, 2011 06:33:49 pm

I don't think the FA\Media would make this up. We as a club need to shut up, accept the ban and move on. Of course everyone has opinions and that is mine.
      Holy sh*t!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #63: Dec 31, 2011 06:36:58 pm
      And another point how come Evra isn't being done for threatening to punch Suarez?
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #64: Dec 31, 2011 06:39:06 pm
      Tadders , so you believe Evra above Suarez , and that is what it boils down to.
      Well I don't, Evra has previous and the fact that the  FA takes his word above Suarez, says more about the FA than anything I could say !
      We support our own , I do not believe Luis is a racist and I hope we as a club fight this all the way.
      As has been said this would be thrown out of court as they only found him guilty on the balance of probability !
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #65: Dec 31, 2011 06:39:17 pm
      Guys. forget you support Liverpool and he is our idol.

Look at the facts and stop being hypocrites.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #66: Dec 31, 2011 06:40:31 pm
      Read through about half of it so far. Seems to me they're obsessed with whether or not pinching Evra's skin was to diffuse the situation or not FFS. They're practically condemning Suarez based on (paraphrase) "he was inconsistent about pinching."
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2884 
      Reply #67: Dec 31, 2011 06:41:00 pm
      Guys. forget you support Liverpool and he is our idol.

Look at the facts and stop being hypocrites.

Go on then whats the facts? Ignore Suarez, ignore Evra and ignore the fa. Whats the facts?
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #68: Dec 31, 2011 06:41:17 pm
      Read the transcript - remember that Luis has never denied saying these things, and look at the context. If he was my player I would punish him, I am not and nor is anyone saying he is a racist but what he said and we have now read is wrong.

Quick Reply