Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment

Read 53678 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Live Match Topic: Sunderland v Liverpool
      Reply #575: Mar 10, 2012 05:20:04 pm
      Not a kneejerk, but we have to come to terms here. We're just not good enough this season and not as good we expected going into the season. If Arsenal and Chelsea weren't as shoddy as they have been, they'd be much further up the table than they are now. We sold players that we never adequately replaced with similar skill sets. We offered no creativity today and no desire to win. Big, gaping hole in the middle, toothless up front. Complete sh*t of a performance.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #576: Mar 10, 2012 05:20:30 pm
      I have alot to say but please dont knee jerk its not needed.
      Its not knee jerking now, its fact.

Tomorrow we will probably be 30 points off the top of the table, 10 points from 11 games since the Wigan game. Sure in some games we should have won, but we are not are we, we will be lucky to finish top 10 if we ever play like this again.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #577: Mar 10, 2012 05:21:40 pm
      Its not knee jerking now, its fact.

Tomorrow we will probably be 30 points off the top of the table, 10 points from 11 games since the Wigan game. Sure in some games we should have won, but we are not are we, we will be lucky to finish top 10 if we ever play like this again.

Dear me...

So what do you suggest out of interest?

Where we go from here?

It time people put their cards on the table.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #578: Mar 10, 2012 05:22:12 pm
      C.L. has today March the 10th 2012 officially gone.
      That is complete DreamLand.
      First opportunity of that will be September 2013.

Sitting in what seems to be our default place..7th. 

Lets be honest now.
      Ive held back. Carroll is complete sh*te.
      Kneejerk buy cos of Torres.
      15 months and wasted salary. Get shot FFS. Please.
      Nothing more than an underperforming Geordie who stood out in a banal Newcastle team but has been a massive mistake that no one wants to admit.

Luis is buzzing around but not converting the chances.

Jordan "Enigma" Henderson ..... still I have yet to say Wow when he plays.

Charlie "Not Sure" Adam who is now putting in more crap performances than good.

10 points behind 4th and 5th.
      6 points in front of the 15th place team Swansea.
      5 points behind the Toon.
      Three transfer windows since FSG took over.

We have the FA Cup to look forward to ...............but not at this rate.
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #579: Mar 10, 2012 05:23:13 pm
      After some time,i watched game and avoided to drop comments but watching game and only reading posts is like hell,spec. when things not going in our way.Hope things can improve from now on,or at least from next summer,then again i said same thing last march -.-
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #580: Mar 10, 2012 05:23:44 pm
      Dear me...

So what do you suggest out of interest?

Where we go from here?

It time people put their cards on the table.

Kenny needs time but there needs to be drastic improvement, also whatever method is used to determine what players to sign has to F***ing change. We cant just accept sh*te in the league because we love the manager.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #581: Mar 10, 2012 05:24:04 pm
      Rebounded goals not withstanding, that was simply unacceptable.

Shocking.

Clueless up front.

The above was our position last year after the same number of games.

Same number of points, but we'd lost 2 more games at this stage. Interesting that we have scored 5 more goals and conceded 6 less as compared to last season.

A + for you Sir. ;)
      neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #582: Mar 10, 2012 05:24:36 pm
      I think Henderson is a good buy a will prove it but personally I  think that Adam, Downing and Carroll are only good enough to be squad players who would be good alternatives in a team flying and full of confidence as I think they lack the mental toughness and consistency required to play for us week in week out the problem with this is that apart from Adam we spunked a fortune on them and of course we don't have the top players that would replace them in the team to make it work and according to Comolli it doesn't look like we,re going to sign them this summer so unless KD and SC develop the tactical ability to polish a turd a la Rafa in 05 whilst winning number 5 we are gonna be a top 6 or 7 team at best that will hopefully have a good cup run each year.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #583: Mar 10, 2012 05:26:11 pm
      Where the f**k is the pass and move football, we were like Stoke today

Pass Yes, Move NO because we have a defunctional midfield. We really have to dump the whole lot, they created nothing in the whole game. This is the worst Liverpool team the i've seen over 38 years of supporting the club.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #584: Mar 10, 2012 05:28:50 pm
      Every time Skrtel got the ball he launched it forward to lone striker 5'9 Luis Suarez, what sort of tactics were they.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #585: Mar 10, 2012 05:29:39 pm
      Comolli needs to go if he was behind our buys. Why do these piss poor players keep getting games over others??

I am glad this week showed people that we just don't need a striker to magically become a better team either, our midfield and wing options are pretty dire as well.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #586: Mar 10, 2012 05:29:43 pm
      Every time Skrtel got the ball he launched it forward to lone striker 5'9 Luis Suarez, what sort of tactics were they.
      Wimbledonesc
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #587: Mar 10, 2012 05:30:01 pm
      What mate there is more chance us finishing 14th than 4th. We have being shocking in the league absolutely shocking. I dont care who is manager that is completely unacceptable from a Liverpool team.

The players looked like they couldnt give a sh*t, I'm sorry but that reflects on the manager.
      Agreed mate. That was exactly what I was firstly afraid of when Kenny took over. Even when the team aren't making any real progress Kenny is untouchable, and we have never the right to blame him for anything. I've never till now said any bad word for Kenny (as a manager of course, because as a player we should all kiss his toes) and given him time. But enough is enough and I'm only seeing this team going backwards. With the money available for transfers last summer (let's forget the joke signing of Carroll, who someone here said has even a worse touch than Wickham) everyone should know we should AT THE VERY LEAST challenge for the 4th spot.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #588: Mar 10, 2012 05:30:49 pm

Shocking.

Clueless up front.

Same number of points, but we'd lost 2 more games at this stage. Interesting that we have scored 5 more goals and conceded 6 less as compared to last season.

Last season we had to make up the deficit Woy left us with and we played some good football and our away results were champions form, but what was supposed to be a good season with the amounts invested is turning pretty shocking in the league and i see some unsettling performance within the team.

Having moved Aquilani on and selling miereles and even Ngog we kind of lost a great deal of threat.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,549 posts | 1495 
      Reply #589: Mar 10, 2012 05:30:58 pm
      Not going to call for kenny's head but that was not a performance befitting LFC .
      Created very little and showed no passion today or had any ideas.
      I don't follow stats because it's all about putting the ball in the onion bag( something which we have lacked all season long) and the only stat is the final score after the final whistle.
      Adam was the worst player( and there where a few poor performances today) by a country mile,he gives far to many free kicks away,slack passer of the ball and gives very little in creativity.
      If he plays in the derby then Leo  sayer will give him a torrid time .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #590: Mar 10, 2012 05:30:59 pm
      Kenny needs time but there needs to be drastic improvement, also whatever method is used to determine what players to sign has to f**king change. We cant just accept sh*te in the league because we love the manager.

Thanks for saying it Corbally.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #591: Mar 10, 2012 05:32:12 pm
      2012 League form.

Played 8: Won 1: Drew 2: Lost 5....... :'(
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #592: Mar 10, 2012 05:32:27 pm
      Wish we had met with Meireles' demands whatever they were, he obviously knew we were sh*te without him which is probably why he made them. Sorely missed.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #593: Mar 10, 2012 05:33:57 pm

Shocking.

Clueless up front.

That tells me that we've been treading water for the last 12 months (during a transitional period), whilst the Barcodes have improved vastly (after selling us their best palyer !) we're a place lower than this time last season.
      As KD has perviously said, wait till the end of the season and see how many points we have and where we have finished, nothings over until 38 matches have been played !
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #594: Mar 10, 2012 05:35:27 pm
      Wish we had met with Meireles' demands whatever they were, he obviously knew we were sh*te without him which is probably why he made them. Sorely missed.

Yes, if we'd kept Raul Meireles we would be shitting on Manchester City and United from a high height.

I've heard it all now.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #595: Mar 10, 2012 05:36:17 pm
      1 win in 2012 and its mid March.

Not good enough for LFC.
      That's not good enough for Wigan.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #596: Mar 10, 2012 05:36:26 pm
      Yes, if we'd kept Raul Meireles we would be shitting on Manchester City and United from a high height.

I've heard it all now.

No we would not but at least we would have a player that looks just as interested in scoring then Suarez because from that performance he seemed to be alone in that sense.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #597: Mar 10, 2012 05:36:49 pm

Truly he has turned Chelsea into title contenders...

Quick Reply