Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match trauma

Read 40758 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Re: Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match trauma
      Reply #598: Dec 29, 2013 06:42:24 pm
      like I said he needs to grow a pair and stand up for himself and stop being a yes man

I haven't heard what Brendan said, but if he really said what is being reported, then I totally agree, he really does need to grow a pair.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #599: Dec 29, 2013 06:42:53 pm
      like I said he needs to grow a pair and stand up for himself and stop being a yes man

A 'yes man'? Jesus christ, what a load of sh*t. Where have you been this season? Rodgers has defended him and his team brilliantly this season, and one case where you are not satisfied with his responses and you sensationally claim he's a yes man.

Tired of all this bullcrap. Selective memory or what?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #600: Dec 29, 2013 06:43:16 pm
      how many did ferguson get there are ways of doing it without saying how F***ing wonderful WEBB is.

Ferguson is Ferguson. He had the FA wrapped around his little finger. He could say what he wanted, when he wanted.

BR cannot.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #601: Dec 29, 2013 06:43:22 pm
      As I said after the Man City game, Johnson, Skrtel and Allen should be shipped out soonest.

Johnson has toatlly lost it. the first gaol cam ebcause he wad toatlly out of position and his general  play was awful.
      Skrtel hasn't got a clue. he is more interested in keeping hold of the man rather than attacking the ball.
      Allen just

(An as someone asked after the City game,  No. I haven't been on anything!)

Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #602: Dec 29, 2013 06:43:50 pm
      Chelsea squad just a bunch of thugs abit like Stoke.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #603: Dec 29, 2013 06:44:10 pm
      Officials need to be held responsible for their mistakes. 2 massive howlers in last 2 games against us. Officials need to be questioned the same as the managers are...
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #604: Dec 29, 2013 06:44:25 pm
      The penalty incident with Eto'o is a cock up on the same scale as the lino's offside call against City. He's looking right at it, it's a penalty.

We were sh*te in the first half (barring the opening 3 minutes) but improved enough to deserve a point I thought. Tactically they set up well and we couldn't contain Hazard, who was always their main threat. Shame about the chances not taken and I thought Mignolet should have done much better for their second, although props to the big Belgian for the great save from Lampards shot. Chelsea were pretty lucky to still have 11 on at the end in my view, plenty of nasty challenges.

Such a disappointment to lose these two last fixtures, especially as we deserved much more than 0 from 6 considering the performances. We've had two referee's to complain about but really we should focus on what we need to improve on in our team. Our squad isn't good enough, we need a first team midfielder and fullback. The quicker we replace Johnson the better in my view. Allen, as much as I like him as a player, isn't a starter. Otherwise we welcome Stevie back, get Enrique and Flanno fit and Sturridge firing, and it's all not so bad.

Bitterly disappointing week but there's a many more games to come and a transfer window too (hint hint FSG).

just to add on the Suarez penalty, I'm so angry about it I haven't really expressed it here because i;m trying to be positive, but if that is any other player on the pitch I think Webb gives it. This is what happens when you label a player a diver and build F***ing FA instructional videos on his diving to show the refs. You see the reaction on the Chelsea bench, they are all waving their F***ing arms about like Suarez has done something WRONG!??! Shocking bias against an individual and it's happened TWICE in a week in two massive massive games. Not good enough, not that anything will be done about it
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #605: Dec 29, 2013 06:44:40 pm
      He had his rant after the last match. If he does it again he's sure to get a sizable punishment. Plus I don't want us to be the club that is constantly whining about the refs. We got the lesser end of a few calls today, no doubt but did anyone really expect Webb to do a good job?  Let's put this behind us and focus on the things we can control moving forward.

Completely agree, opposition fans and clubs will start to see us a club looking for excuses and will give the refs the benefit of the doubt if we continue to rant about officials. Eto SHOULD have been sent off, but the main fact of the day is we were not good enough.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #606: Dec 29, 2013 06:45:21 pm
      He has them very well trained in controlling and stifling. He also has class all over the pitch and on the bench. A combo which sees them ominously lurking close to the top.

Can't lie though, it's not exciting to see and I wouldn't want it week in week out. Against the other top sides though I'd settle for it.

In a way hes taking a struggling team (in the aspect of strikers/goal scorers) and creating a championship winning side, F**k all this "hes a c**t" bollocks just because he defends his team/players/club, the man is an absolute quality tactician. As a fan on football I admire his train of thought and it's an aspiration to read such thoughts, I had Rafa down pat and could name his subs at half time, I hope Brendan has the same aspirations, unpredictable wins matches big time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #607: Dec 29, 2013 06:45:38 pm
      Thought Chelsea deserved the win but Webb has made a career off backing out of big decisions. That is his style.

Sometimes you get more than you deserve though, and if correct decisions were made we probably would have.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #608: Dec 29, 2013 06:45:55 pm
      Ferguson is Ferguson. He had the FA wrapped around his little finger. He could say what he wanted, when he wanted.

BR cannot.
      then he needs to f***in learn quick and saying how f***in smart Webb is isn't a good move.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #609: Dec 29, 2013 06:46:06 pm
      Officials need to be held responsible for their mistakes. 2 massive howlers in last 2 games against us. Officials need to be questioned the same as the managers are...
      Would be nice if the refs had to account for there actions, but with our F.A. Somehow I don't see it do you?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #610: Dec 29, 2013 06:47:35 pm

Really wish Sterling had put in a performance, but he didn't. I was right wasn't I? We needed a player like Moses to replace Sterling today. Sterling was awful.

Next game, he needs to be benched - and replaced with Moses.

Thought Sterling was one of our better players today.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #611: Dec 29, 2013 06:49:13 pm
      When Chelsea have Mata, Cole, Essien, and a whole load of FC Hollywood players on the bench, then its easy to look like a good tactician by bringing them on.

Jose is doing well, but given equality of opposition, he certainly is not special. I'd like to see how he would do with our squad, he would struggle like hell.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #612: Dec 29, 2013 06:49:45 pm

motm for me.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #613: Dec 29, 2013 06:50:24 pm
      F**k me there are some real bell ends on here after a defeat.

We got beat by the better side who were just too strong. It happens and we will bounce back.

If a few decisions had gone out way we would have at least got a point but we all know what Howard Webb is and didn't you all think it before the game....? Yes you did.

All this talk of selling half the squad shows how F***ing stupid those posters are.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #614: Dec 29, 2013 06:50:45 pm
      Chelsea squad just a bunch of thugs abit like Stoke.

Come on lad, anyone would think youd been suckin on somalian ass or somethin. ;)

They out played us in at least four positions but in a blood and thunder match like that sh*t happens, we love that dont we?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #615: Dec 29, 2013 06:50:47 pm

Agree, looked positive and most likely to make something happen. His final ball was a bit off but he is still incredibly young. Bring him on for Moses? Is that meant to be some kind of sick joke? Moses, of all our midfielders, is the most useless of all.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #616: Dec 29, 2013 06:52:14 pm
      I also though Lucas had, yet another, poor game. Lost out on 50/50s and was out muscled easily - certainly did not look like a holding midfielder. This should be a main priority for Rodgers come transfers - if I'm being brutally honest, his time is up.

Is definitely not good enough for a team wanting to challenge for titles.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #617: Dec 29, 2013 06:58:37 pm
      I also though Lucas had, yet another, poor game. Lost out on 50/50s and was out muscled easily - certainly did not look like a holding midfielder. This should be a main priority for Rodgers come transfers - if I'm being brutally honest, his time is up.

Is definitely not good enough for a team wanting to challenge for titles.

Squad is paper thin as somebody pointed out we had kids to fill the bench. Not good enough, defiantly need to spend in Jan and we need quality not unproven players on the cheap from abroad.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea VS Liverpool
      Reply #618: Dec 29, 2013 06:59:06 pm
      Somebody get this f**king eejit off the forum, he is telling us that it is our skills of perception that are at fault and it is himself that sees things as they really are.
      He is getting arrogant now and thinks he is untouchable, the above is a juvenile attempt at a f**king piss take.

Oh look. Another WUM.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #619: Dec 29, 2013 06:59:16 pm
      In the transfer market we need to buy yaya toure and micah richards.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #620: Dec 29, 2013 07:03:20 pm

Really wish Sterling had put in a performance, but he didn't. I was right wasn't I? We needed a player like Moses to replace Sterling today. Sterling was awful.

Next game, he needs to be benched - and replaced with Moses.

No, no you weren't, but don't be blue man, everyone makes mistakes.

Quick Reply