Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Biggest Rivals?

Man Utd
      206 (86.6%)
      Chelsea
      9 (3.8%)
      Everton
      23 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Biggest/Fiercest Rivals

Read 35459 times
      Johnnowhite
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Re: Biggest/Fiercest Rivals
      Reply #46: May 10, 2007 07:50:43 am
      Brilliant post Johnowhite, agree with everything you say there, you're obviously one of the alright ones  ;D

Unfotunately though, as I said in my earlier post, people are never gonna differentiate between the good fans and the bad. Anytime some of your fans sing Hillsborough songs it'll always be a case of 'The Utd fans were singing songs' rather than 'Certain sections of the Utd fans were singing'

Sad, but that's just the way it is.

Sad to say it Eddie but I think you're right lad.

Anyway, best wishes for the Athens game mate. Don't make the same mistakes WE did though! Get in their faces and don't give 'em space to play - else they'll kill you!
      sk
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #47: May 11, 2007 03:02:11 pm
      no need to think abt this...its the scum! the shites of chleski and everton dont come into the equation.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Biggest/Fiercest Rivalry - You Decide?
      Reply #48: Feb 14, 2008 09:44:29 am
      Hi everyone,

It's obvious that we have many great rivalries with different clubs:

Liverpool vs Everton (Bitters)
      Liverpool vs Man UTD (Scum)
      Liverpool vs Chelsea (Shitski)

What stands out as being the most fierce rivalry for you lot though? I understand that locals will more than likely say the Everton derby because of the constant banter in the streets and in everyday life, but for an out of town fan it is more likely to be the scum.

For me it is the scum, particualrly for the reason, that we are the two most succesful clubs in England and I hate them with a god given passion. Everton raise their game when they play us, but they are not a good side in my eyes, which makes it a bit less of a rivalry for me, it is definitely a bitter and fierce rivalry, probably the most bitter tasted out of the 3, but I think for me our main rivalry is with the Mancs, particularly as we both chase trophies every season!

We also have a big rivalry with Chelsea, but I think the edge may have gone out of that now, because of the departure of Moron-inho.

Take a look at this if you get time, it's some manc tw*t, compiling loads of videos showing hate towards our great club, this makes me fume and it really shows how much we both hate each other (Scum and Liverpool):

http://www.youtube.com/user/cartoonheadz

(I apologise if this causes offence to anybody, but this gives you a general idea of the massive rivalry we have with them Manc bas**rds!)

YNWA

Matt

Once again apologise for the link, be warned it is a SCUM page, but if you watch this type of stuff, it really does make you angry, it has me!
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Re: Biggest/Fiercest Rivalry - You Decide?
      Reply #49: Feb 14, 2008 10:01:03 am
      If you live in Liverpool it can only be Everton.

I don't care if they got relegated 5 seasons in a row it would still be them.

Day in, day out you can see how bad it has got between the 2 clubs.

For those living in the city, winning the derby is the best feeling and losing is the worst possible feeling.

No disresepct to those who don't live in the City but if you did you'd know exactly what I meant.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #50: Feb 14, 2008 10:20:20 am
      No disrespect whatever Bootle my old mate, i understand completely, i have very close scouse friends and they told me that it is definitely a much bigger rivalry in the city than it is out of the city, just constant banter and winding up and it boils the games up.

However....

For an out of town fan like myself, we cannot taste that in the city atmosphere, but it's different for us, most of us tend to think that Man UTD is a bigger rivalry, because of the history of the two clubs, but that's only down to us not living in the city.

Matt
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #51: Feb 14, 2008 10:36:04 am
      Obviosly here in SA I never met an Evertonian supporter (I guess their clubs too small) so to me they're just another fly that we need to swat when we come up against them......

The infestation of glory hunters here really gets on my tits though....

I've never even heard of a chelski supporter here before abramovich bought his toy. All of a sudden the people come out while wearing a chekski shirt and spout sh*t like "I support good football!" or some even go as far as to say "oh I'v always liked chelsea" while the remains of their liverpool or man united sticker can still be seen on their car. I just try to ignore these assholes...

The scum will only ever be liverpool's rival to me. Most (not all) arent even capable of having a decent footbal/soccer discussion without sneaking in a little troll comment like, "Have you seen the log lateley(followed by a gay little giggle)" or "What have liverpool won this season? (again followed by a gay little giggle)".

So my answer (as a genuine bonified OOT) is as you suspected..........the scum......because I'd ring all of their necks if only god would give me the chance.
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2008 10:41:00 am by Venom-C »
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #52: Feb 14, 2008 10:40:36 am
      No disrespect whatever Bootle my old mate, I understand completely, I have very close scouse friends and they told me that it is definitely a much bigger rivalry in the city than it is out of the city, just constant banter and winding up and it boils the games up.

However....

For an out of town fan like myself, we cannot taste that in the city atmosphere, but it's different for us, most of us tend to think that Man UTD is a bigger rivalry, because of the history of the two clubs, but that's only down to us not living in the city.

Matt

Don't get me wrong when Liverpol and the Mancs meet it is really nasty. But the blueshite say the same. It has become more a Liverpool/Manchester thing rather than a club thing.

But for me it happens twice a year with the mancs, The nastiness in the city I see and hear with the blueshite every day.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #53: Feb 14, 2008 10:48:05 am
      As a life long red, the true rivalry years ago was with the bitters, now it has to be manu, the blues are now looked on as a minor irritation, although the blues still look on us as their main rivals and we are still their main talking point!!!
      I think our rivalry with either Manu or the Bitters pails into insignificance when you compare it to the outright hostilities between Gers and Celtic!!! and the hatred between the Gunners and the bignoses.
      What do you think?
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #54: Feb 14, 2008 11:06:31 am
      I think the reason why most out of town fans, like myself, think the SCUM is a fiercer rivalry, is because Liverpool and The SCUM have large amounts of worldwide support.

Everyday when i go into college, i will get "you'ill never win the league, like Man utd do year in year out" and all the usual banter. I think because there are man utd fans and liverpool fans all over the world, thats why the banter for that rivalry is more for out of town fans, i get it all the time, im always arguing with utd fans and i have even hit out at a few in frustration! I have lost my temper many a times, i will fight tooth and nail for the support of my beloved Liverpool!

Because Everton have piddling support (only in the city and shades of Britain) they are not really a rival for out of towners, but in the city it's more of a Red vs Blue conflict, whereas say in Kent where i live, it's more Man Utd (RED) vs Liverpool (RED), which is all down to Everton priding themselves on being a peoples club. WHY?!? lmao that's why they will never be as big as we are!

Matt
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #55: Feb 14, 2008 11:46:23 am
      Obviosly here in SA I never met an Evertonian supporter (I guess their clubs too small) so to me they're just another fly that we need to swat when we come up against them......

The infestation of glory hunters here really gets on my tits though....

I've never even heard of a chelski supporter here before abramovich bought his toy. All of a sudden the people come out while wearing a chekski shirt and spout sh*t like "I support good football!" or some even go as far as to say "oh I'v always liked chelsea" while the remains of their liverpool or man united sticker can still be seen on their car. I just try to ignore these assholes...

The scum will only ever be liverpool's rival to me. Most (not all) arent even capable of having a decent footbal/soccer discussion without sneaking in a little troll comment like, "Have you seen the log lateley(followed by a gay little giggle)" or "What have liverpool won this season? (again followed by a gay little giggle)".

So my answer (as a genuine bonified OOT) is as you suspected..........the scum......because I'd ring all of their necks if only god would give me the chance.

As a fellow South African Venom, I know exaclty what you're talking about...its always ever been between Liverpool and the Scum. The sports bars and pubs get booked out and are packed to the rafters. Believe me, to see the passion from the players when they won at Goodison certainly gave me a sense of occasion, but all the way here in Cape Town, there are only two teams...Us and them...

That's why it'll be a sweet day when we get one over them again, they have it coming. But until then...

In Rafa we Trust

Walk on...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #56: Feb 14, 2008 11:49:03 am
      I've developed a very healthy dislike towards Chavski over the last 3 or 4 seasons. Really, REALLY dislike them... having said that, the anger is a little more diluted since Maureen left.

I was in the section of the crowd that Maureen told to "shuush" in Cardiff - and I will never forgive him or want him at our club.

I R W T
      Fowler23
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #57: Feb 14, 2008 12:48:03 pm
      Probably Chelsea for me. Don't come from Liverpool so don't quite get the derby rivalry as much as native scousers would
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #58: Feb 14, 2008 02:14:17 pm
      1st the mancs
      2nd bitters
      3rd chavski

My reasons being im an out of town liverpool fan and man united i see more as rivals, they are better than the other two and nothing feels better than beating them to be honest, seeing players lke ferdinand and neville's reaction when we don't beat them just frustrates me and makes me want to hit something. They hate losing so much and i love seeing their faces when they have lost especially fergie with his wrigleys, acting like everytime ronaldo took a dive they deserved a penalty/free kick.

The main reason for everton in recent seasons for me was largely the comments of one mr. stubbs going on about us not being a good side blah blah blah, I will never like everton as long as i live ;D "The Chosen One" annoys me so much and im annoyed we are below them in the table right now but given the amount of injuries this season in/prior to important games it has been a really tough season for us. I think we will take that fourth spot this season and push chelsea for that third spot given our game in hand and we will leave everton down in the uefa cup spots next season.

Chelsea, they just make me laugh, Lampard is the most overrated player in the country imo and mourinho was so arrogant that if they made a law you could marry yourself i think he would have. I loved seeing when he lost against us especially in the champions league games and their players just frustrated me with their matrix worthy bullet time dives e.g. drogba every chance he got and robben when getting touched by Reina (and being hospitalised haha). Was so happy to see shevchenko and ballack turn out to be flops their and i hope they now know that money cant buy you trophies. Avram grant has taken over where jose left off and seems like he also cant admit to having lost and having desered to lose.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #59: Feb 14, 2008 08:56:25 pm
      If to take into count our history, our rival from the day of our birth was Everton. So it's our longest rivalry and town's rivalry. When I watch Liverpool vs. Everton on TV, I see Liverpool fans mixed up with Everton ones. It makes our commentators excited and they are never tired to sing dithyrambs to English fans. So from TV this rivalry doesn't look so fierce. Though Everton fans are happy to see Liverpool below and losing! Have ever seen ManUtd fans mixed with MC ones?
       I think it's simple envy to us.
      Sorry, but I don't know reasons that started Liverpool v. Man Utd rivalry. But the fact no player comes to Liverpool from Man Utd since 1964, it tells a lot!
      Our rivalry with Chelsea is more recent, and it began with CL league matches  and quiclky became important for both teams. They envy us too and are still angry of the Luis Garcia goal. I feel it when I meet a lot of Chelsea fans in my life.

So as for me, The thought Man Utd are our fierce rival settles deeply in my mind.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #60: Feb 14, 2008 09:23:14 pm
      For me, it's definitely those Manc bas**rds. I've never seen so many glory hunters in all my life. You don't hear boo from them, you don't even know they follow football/soccer and then they score some fluky arse goal when we've dominated them all fcukin match and you don't hear the end of it for weeks :f_steam:.

Most of the time I just ask them to name 3 Man Scum players other than Ronaldo, Shrek or Rio Ferdinand and that normally shuts them up ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #61: Feb 14, 2008 11:48:29 pm
      Fully agree with you AussieRed. I get text messages when they beat us after we have played them off the park for 88 mins, but when we have beaten them , I never heard a word. Not even a humble, " we were beaten by the better side on the day" just a stoney silence. What a load of wankers.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #62: Feb 16, 2008 07:25:47 pm
      Manc Scum, I hate them with a passion. To be honest Chavski don't bother me much now that Maureen's not there, and Everton are just Everton innit!!
      adamhaxell
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #63: Feb 16, 2008 07:52:46 pm
      United are the most vile piece of sh*t club in the history of sport. They have the audasity to pretend they are a bigger club than us, pathetic wannabes. If man u played Al Quaeeda in the cup, i still couldnt support the scum. Everton are too small to be our beiigest rivals, and chelsea have no history.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #64: Feb 16, 2008 10:18:42 pm
      United are the most vile piece of sh*t club in the history of sport.
      I think this sums up my point of view pretty adequately! I was born in '77, and so followed the LFC - Neverton rivalry during the '80's, plus my best mate was for Everton, which didn't help! Even so, apart from Liverpool's results, those I follow the closest are those of the Mancs, in the dire hope that they lose! Worse, that they get smashed, and by the crappier the team the better!
      All in all, i think that for 99% of OOT's, the Mancs are by far the biggest rivals. Whether by their recent success (all is relative!) or by something altogether more genetic, I don't know.
      But then again, I don't live next door to one... and for all those who live in the city of Liverpool and, therefore, close to almost dozens of Everton supporters, you have my commiserations!  ;)
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Manchester United or Everton. Who do you hate more?
      Reply #65: Nov 19, 2008 07:05:18 pm
      we may have a lot of rivals but none of them are more fiery than utd and everton. the question that still remains is who is more hated out of the two?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #66: Nov 19, 2008 07:18:12 pm
      Merged the threads, as a similar one already existed.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #67: Nov 19, 2008 07:22:49 pm
      All the same for me 'cos they all horseshit.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #68: Nov 19, 2008 08:18:54 pm
      Everyone who challenges us for honours are rivals, so they are all pretty equal.

But still, I just hate Man U.

Quick Reply