Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Gary Cahill (Bolton)

Read 61290 times
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Re: Gary Cahill (Bolton)
      Reply #46: May 08, 2011 12:20:19 am
      Rumours Shelvey off to Bolton on a season loan in part of deal for Cahill via FB sh*te talk
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #47: May 08, 2011 12:36:19 am
      I think the lad is over rated anyway. 15 or 20 million for him is massively over valued. I dont think he is as good as some think and the mistakes he makes will be more highlighted at a bigger club. I know people will laugh because the season skrtel is having but there is not much between the two. They are similar defenders quick and mobile
      I'm with Corbally on this,no doubt the lads a good defender,but for the money being speculated,too rich for a defensive player with no Champions league experience.If we are going to take a chance,then go with Kelly at CB.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #48: May 08, 2011 12:58:14 am
      Rumours Shelvey off to Bolton on a season loan in part of deal for Cahill via FB sh*te talk

Win, win.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #49: May 08, 2011 01:12:01 am

Agree Crouchy.

Cahill is a CB I really would like here and a full season in the league for Jonjo would only help us the season after.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #50: May 08, 2011 09:37:37 am
      I would be gutted if Jonjo left because I have very high hopes for him but a season of 1st tream Premiership football would do him a world of good. May be bullshit but this would be an excellent deal if true!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #51: May 08, 2011 09:38:55 am
      I think the lad is over rated anyway. 15 or 20 million for him is massively over valued. I dont think he is as good as some think and the mistakes he makes will be more highlighted at a bigger club. I know people will laugh because the season skrtel is having but there is not much between the two. They are similar defenders quick and mobile
      So who'd do for you? For me he's the best and most realistic option available. Maybe and Mertesacker considering Werder's position. But again, Cahill tops this list by quality.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #52: May 08, 2011 09:44:36 am
      I would be gutted if Jonjo left because I have very high hopes for him but a season of 1st tream Premiership football would do him a world of good. May be bullshit but this would be an excellent deal if true!

Thing is Jonjo will be restricted to sub appearances next season, the game time he will get at Bolton will be precious, plus Coyle plays football.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #53: May 08, 2011 09:51:14 am
      Thing is Jonjo will be restricted to sub appearances next season, the game time he will get at Bolton will be precious, plus Coyle plays football.
      Yeah exactly. I'd like Jonjo to play but don't see where he'd fit yet so this would be ideal.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #54: May 08, 2011 10:12:17 am
      Would love him here think he is a good defender,Can only get better under Kenny,
      The People newspaper are claiming City are after him and Sanchez for 40 million.

Pop or Slash
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #55: May 09, 2011 11:58:33 am
      Quality Centreback. Would be a good move if we nab him off the trotters.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #56: May 09, 2011 12:03:16 pm
      Quality Centreback. Would be a good move if we nab him off the trotters.

Had a F***ing nightmare in Bolton's semi-final thrashing though.

That lad still has a way to go before the word quality should be used.

Not a patch on that Mertersacker fella from Germany.
      Pop or Slash
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #57: May 09, 2011 12:11:00 pm
      Had a f**king nightmare in Bolton's semi-final thrashing though.

That lad still has a way to go before the word quality should be used.

Not a patch on that Mertersacker fella from Germany.

Not for me mate, I thought he was one of the bolton lads who could leave the game with his head held high. In comparison to lanky Mert, I think he's better whilst per is pretty average to be honest, especially when he hasn't got Naldo to bail him out at bremen. I kinda see him like a poor mans hyypia.
      moh21
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #58: May 09, 2011 12:12:04 pm
      He is F***ing quality, watched him throughout the season and he should be a England starter soon. I'd take him now for 20 million because I guarantee he will be the best around.
      moh21
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #59: May 09, 2011 12:13:14 pm
      Couple of our youngsters to Bolton on loan would be good. Owen Coyle seems to know what he is doing ala Wilshere, Sturridge and Rodrigo from Real Madrid.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #60: May 11, 2011 01:44:43 pm
      Depends on if the money is right for me. Could be a nice fit next to Agger.

He'd be top class alongside Agger. I can see next season's team including another centre, hopefully Cahill, half and Agger at the back. Have Skrtel in and out of the team when need be, and have Carra in more of a Hyypia-type situation as it's clear he's coming to the end of his days.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #61: May 13, 2011 07:13:44 pm
      Owen Coyle has said in his press conference today that he would be open to Cahill moving to a big club.

Get a really strong feeling that he'll be ours this summer.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #62: May 13, 2011 09:16:04 pm
      i know its just twitter but several people have said pault86 ius reliable and he says

"Cahil, Young for me are the only one's id put my mortgage on for now."

would definately be a good signing
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #63: May 13, 2011 09:41:43 pm
      I like Cahill, cause he's been consistent this season, and he's had more good performances than bad ones.

I won't pay 20mil for him, cause I honestly think that'll be too much. I'd say 15mil tops, that's it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #64: May 13, 2011 10:01:21 pm
      I've defended his signing for at least 2 seasons and I haven't changed my opinion. However it'll depend on the price as he's not the only good CB in the world. Vertonghen, for example, might be cheaper.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #65: May 13, 2011 11:42:46 pm
      I would love this guy at Liverpool. With the class aid of Steve Clarke he could turn into England's and one of Europe's best defenders at Liverpool. And Kenny loves his British talent which is encouraging for all British youngsters out there - if you're good enough Kenny will get you!.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #66: May 14, 2011 01:53:14 am
      Agree I would love him @ the club but only if to compete with carra, skrtel, agger and the present youngsters for a starting role.
      The current crop have done nothing recently in my mind to warrent being shown the door.

On a side note, I hope Sotis gets to go to a good club and has the success he deserves...I think with a quicker younger defender in the prem that he would be great
      Been a really good squad player...not a brilliant player but never a problem on or off the pitch.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #67: May 14, 2011 08:53:08 am
      On a side note, I hope Sotis gets to go to a good club and has the success he deserves...I think with a quicker younger defender in the prem that he would be great
      Been a really good squad player...not a brilliant player but never a problem on or off the pitch.
      Could do a good job for Bolton if he went the other way as a sweetener.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #68: May 21, 2011 01:45:41 pm

Trio chase Bolton star

Ben Moss
      21 May 2011

Manchester City, Arsenal or Liverpool will have to pay £17m to land centre half Gary Cahill from Bolton this summer.

The Trotters would dearly love to keep Cahill but if they have to sell they will want as much money as they can get for their star man, who only has a year left on his current contract, and £17m may put off some would be suitors.

It would not pose much of problem to City but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has again said he will not pay, what he considers to be over the odds for any player, which could leave the door open for City and possibly Liverpool.

Wenger told the Mirror: "I will always try to get value for money because I think that is the job of a good manager,

"In England, it is bit more difficult because the inflation is higher than everywhere else. When you only have a few players and many clubs the price is always high."

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/53656/Trio_chase_Bolton_star.aspx

Quick Reply