Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Pundits and Commentators

Read 448972 times
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts | 50 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3197: Mar 09, 2023 09:01:30 pm
      Savage has just said in commentary tonight at the United game Liverpool we’re good but not that good….knobhead
      I think he was taking the mick out of Neville to be honest
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3198: Mar 09, 2023 10:03:33 pm
      Fact is we rolled United over. We slaughtered B'Mouth earlier in the season and we have done this numerous times over the years.

But because we have stuttered this season some pundits are calling it a one off or a bit of a fluke freak result. It was not a freak result...now the Oct '20 7-2 battering at Villa was A freak result. The Oct '21 United 0 Liverpool 5 could've been 6/7...and that wasn't a freak result either.

Unusual, out of the ordinary but WE have done it before..and we will do it again.

Not looked at the stats but it was a freak result based on present form. Most of you were dreading the game which is a story within its self. Impossible to predict such a score and anyone saying otherwise would be a fool to say 7-0. I don’t know how many shots you had on target but wouldn’t be surprised if it was 7.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #3199: Mar 09, 2023 10:12:30 pm
      Not looked at the stats but it was a freak result based on present form. Most of you were dreading the game which is a story within its self. Impossible to predict such a score and anyone saying otherwise would be a fool to say 7-0. I don’t know how many shots you had on target but wouldn’t be surprised if it was 7.

surely a man of your esteemed intelligence has heard of KARMA. we have had F**k all go right this season it was only a matter of time until this happened could have been any team  but just sweet it was UTD and it will be there in the record books forever
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3200: Mar 09, 2023 10:15:11 pm
      surely a man of your esteemed intelligence has heard of KARMA. we have had f**k all go right this season it was only a matter of time until this happened could have been any team  but just sweet it was UTD and it will be there in the record books forever

Nothing to do with karma Walt just stating it was a freak result nothing more. How many got it right in the prediction league if it wasn’t a freak?

But yeah! would have to be us lot you did it to. 🤢🤢🤢
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,424 posts | 803 
      Reply #3201: Mar 09, 2023 10:31:53 pm
      Semantics at play here. Any 7 -0 scoreline is by any definition, by virtue of how infrequently it happens....A Freak
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1225 
      Reply #3202: Mar 09, 2023 11:12:43 pm
      Nothing to do with karma Walt just stating it was a freak result nothing more. How many got it right in the prediction league if it wasn’t a freak?

But yeah! would have to be us lot you did it to. 🤢🤢🤢

Unlikely, yes. Without merit or significance, no. It's not just any team that thrashes the third placed team in the league 7-0. Clear we can be devastating  when we get our act together and that the Mancs still have a way to go before being considered a top side.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,047 posts | 539 
      Reply #3203: Mar 09, 2023 11:23:21 pm
      Not strictly speaking a commentator, but fair play to Lineker for calling out the Tories on their "we'll remove your protections from modern slavery" etc anti-refugee sh*t.

The Tories of course suddenly find they're quite in favour of cancel culture, when it's somebody criticising them. While the BBC hierarchy grovel like dogs as usual.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #3204: Mar 09, 2023 11:34:07 pm

Was 8 I think
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #3205: Mar 10, 2023 12:29:29 am

Nobody predicts 6/7 or more scorelines. Very unusual in that the gap in quality between the top teams in the Prem is fairly slim, so this type of result is infrequent. But as recently as season 20/21 we scored 7 three times. This season put 7 past Rangers, 9 past B'Mouth and now 7 past United.

It was a surprise obviously but Sniv in calling it a freak said.."It's very rare."... 7 or more 3 times this season and were not playing all that well. So it's not a freak result, not regular but we are more than capable of putting 5/6/7 past any team, almost every season.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3206: Mar 10, 2023 07:29:54 am

Unlikely, yes. Without merit or significance, no. It's not just any team that thrashes the third placed team in the league 7-0. Clear we can be devastating  when we get our act together and that the Mancs still have a way to go before being considered a top side.

Been saying the same thing for a while LFC. Plenty of signings before we hopefully become a top side again. Looks like we’re both in the same boat presently.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3207: Mar 10, 2023 07:31:40 am

Was it.  ;D I just couldn’t look Andy. You’ll be pleased to hear turned it off at 4-0 😂🤢😂 and certainly not had the balls to go on match thread and take my punishment    :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3208: Mar 10, 2023 07:33:48 am
      Nobody predicts 6/7 or more scorelines. Very unusual in that the gap in quality between the top teams in the Prem is fairly slim, so this type of result is infrequent. But as recently as season 20/21 we scored 7 three times. This season put 7 past Rangers, 9 past B'Mouth and now 7 past United.

It was a surprise obviously but Sniv in calling it a freak said.."It's very rare."... 7 or more 3 times this season and were not playing all that well. So it's not a freak result, not regular but we are more than capable of putting 5/6/7 past any team, almost every season.

We shall agree to differ mate. However, well done on what must of been one of the best days of your life supporting Liverpool.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3209: Mar 10, 2023 08:03:16 am

So now you have crawled out from under yer rock Keith freak or not, what it did show was just how vulnerable your lot are,
      Ten fags to be honest has steadied your ship and has had your lot playing half decent footy, but by winning that bit of tin and still competing in Europe has your fellow fuckpigs believing your back,

f***in deluded as ever, thru the history of our rivalry it’s always been a tight game, no matter who held the upper hand, for the most part there’s only been one or two goals in it,
      You WILL call it freakish because your lot were the victims, from our perspective it was just a case where everything clicked into place, and sent a statement out that we’re aren’t dead and buried yet,

The fact is to score Seven times is a phenomenal result in any fixture, but to carry it out against your most hated rivals is extra extra special, so forgive us if we all still have hard ons and ear to ear grins, all we’re doing is giving you a example of what it feels like cos it will never happen the other way round ,

Suck it up buttercup and get used to it cos you’ll never hear the end of it, especially from us,

SEVEN f***in NIL KEITH, and we didn’t even play that well !!!!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,586 posts | 1808 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3210: Mar 10, 2023 08:08:43 am
      This one time. Lineker is correct.
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #3211: Mar 10, 2023 11:17:38 am
      This one time. Lineker is correct.

Sent ToryBBC a comment saying 100% support his right to air his views. OTT a bit but entitled to his view. Tories using the 'boats' as a political football anyway.
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #3212: Mar 10, 2023 11:30:10 am
      We shall agree to differ mate. However, well done on what must of been one of the best days of your life supporting Liverpool.

Cheers bud. Question is can we maintain this high standard through the rest of the season. Spurs on a downer.

Yes time is a great healer for you but you'll be nagged to distraction on here. You didn't nag us over Real but that won't help you. It'll be open season on the 'manc'. I'll refrain as I'd rather discuss than insult, even though most are piss taking, scouse style, as I'm sure you know.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3213: Mar 10, 2023 11:54:37 am
      Cheers bud. Question is can we maintain this high standard through the rest of the season. Spurs on a downer.

Yes time is a great healer for you but you'll be nagged to distraction on here. You didn't nag us over Real but that won't help you. It'll be open season on the 'manc'. I'll refrain as I'd rather discuss than insult, even though most are piss taking, scouse style, as I'm sure you know.

Spurs & Newcastle on free fall so momentum back on you lot.  ;D However, few difficult games ahead for you  and just impossible to call it from where I am sitting.

Time is a healer but you’ll be pleased to know I struggled on that one. 🤢 I’d do preferred a 7-0 by the noisy neighbours rather than it being you lot.   :f_doh: 

I did see a post that cheered me up a little though with Dennis Irwin  winning 7 Pl and SG 0

Sadly I won’t forget last Sunday for a while, even if I did you lot will remind me till we do something similar 🤷‍♂️

I’ve never really nagged any of you, obviously the occasional banter but no to the extent of many on here.  :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #3214: Mar 10, 2023 12:05:10 pm
      Spurs & Newcastle on free fall so momentum back on you lot.  ;D However, few difficult games ahead for you  and just impossible to call it from where I am sitting.

Time is a healer but you’ll be pleased to know I struggled on that one. 🤢 I’d do preferred a 7-0 by the noisy neighbours rather than it being you lot.   :f_doh: 

I did see a post that cheered me up a little though with Dennis Irwin  winning 7 Pl and SG 0

Sadly I won’t forget last Sunday for a while, even if I did you lot will remind me till we do something similar 🤷‍♂️

I’ve never really nagged any of you, obviously the occasional banter but no to the extent of many on here.  :lmao:

The will we, won't we get top prob for another thread. What's your take on the Lineker. Remember Bobby Robson being asked about a political issue and came back sharpish.." Don't ask me political questions, I'm a Sportsman not a politician."...fair point Bobby la...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3215: Mar 10, 2023 12:17:28 pm
      The will we, won't we get top prob for another thread. What's your take on the Lineker. Remember Bobby Robson being asked about a political issue and came back sharpish.." Don't ask me political questions, I'm a Sportsman not a politician."...fair point Bobby la...

I’ve not seen the Lineker thing yet. Took a break from all social media for obvious reasons. I’ve purposely had my head in the sand, something that I never do really but needs must at the time.

The only little thing I read was isn’t he supporting the refugees or something? That’s as much as I know.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3216: Mar 10, 2023 12:20:46 pm

Dunno if you searching for some solace Keith when you come away with sh*te like Spuds & Toon in free fall has helped with our momentum, c’mon mate, you know better than that, you’re doing yourself no favours reverting to blaming others misfortune for in our case finding some kind of normality, apart from the RM debacle where it was our own folly that kicked our arse,

We’ve been sh*te this season no getting away from that, however where normally we’d be right up there challenging some results have been jaw dropping considering the last five years,

No f**ker gave us a chance Vs Newcastle @ St James’s, drew @ Selhurst Pk, likewise @ Stamford Bridge, Won @ Villa Pk, Battered your lot by Seven, etc etc etc ,

We have created our own momentum by turning our bad form into decent form, we’re by no means and no where near back to our best nor will we with again this team but it will be enough for us to secure CL football next season, not because others have fallen off a cliff or whatever but because we have the best manager on the planet and he has given us the belief that others clearly lack !!

ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 114 
      Reply #3217: Mar 10, 2023 06:24:40 pm

You keep telling yourself that son.  :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3218: Mar 10, 2023 06:33:18 pm

Dunno if you searching for some solace Keith when you come away with sh*te like Spuds & Toon in free fall has helped with our momentum, c’mon mate, you know better than that, you’re doing yourself no favours reverting to blaming others misfortune for in our case finding some kind of normality, apart from the RM debacle where it was our own folly that kicked our arse,

We’ve been sh*te this season no getting away from that, however where normally we’d be right up there challenging some results have been jaw dropping considering the last five years,

No f**ker gave us a chance Vs Newcastle @ St James’s, drew @ Selhurst Pk, likewise @ Stamford Bridge, Won @ Villa Pk, Battered your lot by Seven, etc etc etc ,

We have created our own momentum by turning our bad form into decent form, we’re by no means and no where near back to our best nor will we with again this team but it will be enough for us to secure CL football next season, not because others have fallen off a cliff or whatever but because we have the best manager on the planet and he has given us the belief that others clearly lack !!

Not my style searching for solace mate and if I did this would be the last place I’d come surly you know that you thick scouse kunt.  :lmao:

Not blaming others for the increase in momentum you’re gaining, you’ve done that yourselves by the results, actions speak louder than words and that’s exactly what you lot have done. Don’t get me wrong your problem hasn’t gone away and the team still needs re building again. For Liverpool the results at this stage are more important than the performance whether it be by hook or crook you get top 4.

No one gave you a chance ( including most of you lot ) against Newcastle & United but you did just that and credit where’s credit due.

You know my thoughts on Klopp, what can I say about the man that I’ve not already said?

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1225 
      Reply #3219: Mar 10, 2023 08:17:24 pm
      I think seven nil

Quick Reply