Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance

Read 47520 times
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Re: Liverpool -v- Spurs in game and post match annoyance
      Reply #621: May 15, 2011 08:19:09 pm
      How about King's arms all over Suarez everytime the ball was played up to him.

We were hardly outclassed by those cockney tw*ts today, cos I didn't think they were much better.

And as for diving, that world class player you were on about did very well going to ground quite a lot!

I thought South Yorkshire b***ard was far better.

Suarez goes to ground far to easily....in the end it was getting tiresome..

They never even got out of second gear...while we were just hit and hope and when Shelvey,Ngog and Cole came on,god you could smell the fear in Tottenham..

Ran the show today did Modric,just admit it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #622: May 15, 2011 08:22:06 pm
      Don't believe any posters on here who thought Webb was at fault for anything,he wasn't and it was a pen and i should know as i had a great view of it.

Maybe you did in real time.

But you never had the benefit of a slow motion replay 3 or 4 times over and it was not a penalty as clearly shown by the slow motion replay.

Initial contact was outside of the box and since a foul is awarded from the point the foul occurred then it should have been a free kick and a very soft one at that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #623: May 15, 2011 08:23:53 pm
      Suarez goes to ground far to easily....in the end it was getting tiresome..

They never even got out of second gear...while we were just hit and hope and when Shelvey,Ngog and Cole came on,god you could smell the fear in Tottenham..

Ran the show today did Modric,just admit it.

Get. To. F**k

I actually thought Kaboul and Sandro were Spur's best players today.

That hoofed clearance that hit the Main Stand roof from Modric was quite good I suppose!

As for Suarez, maybe he needs to check what studs he's got in, cos there were a couple of times in the second half were he slipped. Most South American players do have a habit of going to ground easily. But so did Modric in the second half and got F**k all out of Webb, when Lucas challenged him and knocked him off the ball.

I honestly think Blackpool gave us more of a game than these cu*ts did.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #624: May 15, 2011 08:25:04 pm
      They were no f**king better than us, they just defended well. They wouldn't have scored had the first not been deflected, and that was not a f**king penalty.

I don't give a f**k what view you think you had, you're wrong. Or do you see life through fergie goggles?

They were better than us today.....a lot better all over the park..The first goal? c'mon that's football.

If when i watch match of the day tonight and it wasn't a pen then i'll accept that and come on here and say it wasn't,but we were second best no matter what....ref or other wise,and it baffles me to see experienced posters who cannot see the wood for the trees....
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #625: May 15, 2011 08:27:59 pm
      Get. To. F**k

I actually thought Kaboul and Sandro were Spur's best players today.

That hoofed clearance that hit the Main Stand roof from Modric was quite good I suppose!

As for Suarez, maybe he needs to check what studs he's got in, cos there were a couple of times in the second half were he slipped. Most South American players do have a habit of going to ground easily. But so did Modric in the second half and got f**k all out of Webb, when Lucas challenged him and knocked him off the ball.

I honestly think Blackpool gave us more of a game than these cu*ts did.

And we gave Blackpool more of a game and maybe your right Blackpool were perhaps better and your also right about Kaboul and Sandro who i never even mentioned....because i'd have been here all night extolling their virtues too so i just cherry picked.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #626: May 15, 2011 08:28:48 pm
      And we gave Blackpool more of a game and maybe your right Blackpool were perhaps better and your also right about Kaboul and Sandro who i never even mentioned....because i'd have been here all night extolling their virtues too so i just cherry picked.

Good for you, but I still don't think we were totally outclassed by them.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #627: May 15, 2011 08:30:38 pm
      Maybe you did in real time.

But you never had the benefit of a slow motion replay 3 or 4 times over and it was not a penalty as clearly shown by the slow motion replay.

Initial contact was outside of the box and since a foul is awarded from the point the foul occurred then it should have been a free kick and a very soft one at that.

If as i've mentioned it wasn't a clear pen.....i'll come on and say so,but it looked as near as damn it from where i was sitting....anyway,still that's no excuse to blame the ref for the poor show..
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #628: May 15, 2011 08:31:03 pm
      Disaapointing result but as Kenny said it shouldn't take away from the good work done since the start of January although KK being his modest self said good work by the players, the manager and the backroom staff also deserve huge credit.

Now on to the game,
      We didn't play well enough on the day to win the game, Tottenham wern't much better than us though, we were lacking some of the fantastic movement of recent weeks, I don't Maxi, Kuyt and Suarez work aswell when Carroll is in the middle of them, you could see Carroll wasn't fit but I would have stuck with the same front three and gone with Shelvey in midfield. Still I can see why Carroll was picked. We didn't get the ball to Suarez enough throughout the game.

I think we would have atleast drawn the game if that penalty hadn't been given, all I'm gonna say on the penalty is Howard Webb is the f**king disgrace.

Overall I'm still just as excited for next season and hopeful we can get fifth.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #629: May 15, 2011 08:34:40 pm
      I don't really like blaming referees but how many man of the match awards has Howard Webb won? :laugh:
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #630: May 15, 2011 08:35:58 pm
      Good for you, but I still don't think we were totally outclassed by them.

Ok....We did have our moments as we should expect,in terms of out classed i mean in total footballing terms,not in any way for effort which we showed in abundance,but they played the football and i enjoyed watching it

Ok to say we were totally out classed is stretching it a little,but it was good to see a team turn up and not roll over and die and play a little bit of football to with some really good players who could pass and control it and create....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #631: May 15, 2011 08:36:40 pm
      I don't really like blaming referees but how many man of the match awards has Howard Webb won? :laugh:

I still want to know whether the mancs are going to ask the FA if Webb is deserving of a Premier League medal!!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #632: May 15, 2011 08:37:14 pm
      ,but they played the football and I enjoyed watching it

???
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #633: May 15, 2011 08:37:38 pm
      If as i've mentioned it wasn't a clear pen.....i'll come on and say so,but it looked as near as damn it from where i was sitting....anyway,still that's no excuse to blame the ref for the poor show..

I'm not blaming the ref for the poor show nor will you have seen a post from on this thread suggesting so, he had no hand in Van der Varts goal so we'd have still probably lost, just stating it wasn't a penalty.

One thing I will say is, even though we weren't at the races 2-0 flattered Spurs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #634: May 15, 2011 08:38:46 pm
      Ok....We did have our moments as we should expect,in terms of out classed i mean in total footballing terms,not in any way for effort which we showed in abundance,but they played the football and i enjoyed watching it

Ok to say we were totally out classed is stretching it a little,but it was good to see a team turn up and not roll over and die and play a little bit of football to with some really good players who could pass and control it and create....

That I'll agree with.

As I said in my first post from getting in from the game, I thought we ran out of steam, we missed Raul big time and there are still suspicions about Carroll, especially from some of the regulars around me.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #635: May 15, 2011 08:39:36 pm

Yes because I'm a football fan.....I like to watch two teams play football,that's why it's called a football match...If Barcelona turned up.....you wouldn't enjoy it?
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #636: May 15, 2011 08:42:10 pm
      Yes because I'm a football fan.....I like to watch to teams play football,that's why it's called a football match...If Barcelona turned up.....you wouldn't enjoy it?
      No I would not F***ing enjoy watching it if Barcalona came and took the piss out of us like they did to Arsenal, I want to see Liverpool win first and foremost and secondly Liverpool win with good football.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #637: May 15, 2011 08:44:36 pm
      I'm not blaming the ref for the poor show nor will you have seen a post from on this thread suggesting so, he had no hand in Van der Varts goal so we'd have still probably lost, just stating it wasn't a penalty.

One thing I will say is, even though we weren't at the races 2-0 flattered Spurs.

Guilt by association....Every time we lose with Webb in charge he's mentioned as a suspect,but in reality that doesn't wash with me....It's just to easy to lay blame at his door,same with the fa cup 3rd round...

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #638: May 15, 2011 08:45:59 pm
      Guilt by association....Every time we lose with Webb in charge he's mentioned as a suspect,but in reality that doesn't wash with me....It's just to easy to lay blame at his door,same with the fa cup 3rd round...

It's not the first time I've seen Webb ref the way he was today, he does have form reffing us at Anfield and I've seen him have a few shockers.

Like in the first half when Lucas was fouled kemlyn rd side and the ball had well gone was worthy of a yellow, but F**k all out of that manc loving c**t.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #639: May 15, 2011 08:46:05 pm

Well what else caused us to lost in the fa cup third round, considering we lost 1-0 to a goal scored from a penalty given by him that never was?
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #640: May 15, 2011 08:47:38 pm
      No I would not f**king enjoy watching it if Barcalona came and took the piss out of us like they did to Arsenal, I want to see Liverpool win first and foremost and secondly Liverpool win with good football.

You probably can't see the beauty....in the dawn's early light or the moon shining across a clear night sky.....Heathen.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance
      Reply #641: May 15, 2011 08:49:52 pm
      Well what else caused us to lost in the fa cup third round, considering we lost 1-0 to a goal scored from a penalty given by him that never was?

No need for Agger to Challenge....gave the ref all the excuse he needed....defo red card though...anyway old ground which i can't be bothered with..

Stick to the real issue......the summer rebuilding job.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #642: May 15, 2011 08:50:45 pm
      Liverpool FC manager Kenny Dalglish:

Liverpool FC boss Kenny Dalglish chose not to publicly criticise referee Howard Webb after his side’s 2-0 defeat at Anfield but claimed officials "get away scot-free" by not having to explain their decisions.

Spurs were leading through Rafael van der Vaart’s ninth-minute volley but the Reds had fought their way back into the game until just after half-time when Luka Modric’s controversial penalty put paid to their chances of a comeback.

Defender John Flanagan tangled with Steven Pienaar and Webb pointed to the spot despite the challenge appearing to be outside the area and seemingly in the teenage full-back’s favour.

Dalglish, conscious of the punishments dished out to the likes of Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson in recent weeks, would not directly voice his concerns over Webb’s performance, which included a series of odd decisions.

"I’m not here to sponsor the FA," said the Scot, clearly unhappy at the official’s handling of the game.

"It is unhelpful to everyone that we cannot express our true thoughts and it is even more disappointing that the officials get away scot-free without having to come in and explain their decisions.

"I think it is safer for me to leave it at that.

"We cannot legislate for refereeing mistakes but we could have been a greater help to ourselves if we had started the game better."
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #643: May 15, 2011 08:50:48 pm
      You probably can't see the beauty....in the dawn's early light or the moon shining across a clear night sky.....Heathen.
      I don't care about any of that crap, we're talking about football and all I want is Liverpool football club to be the best.

Quick Reply