Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Oussama Assaidi Player Thread Liverpool > Al Ahli Club

Read 61145 times
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Re: Oussama Assaidi Player Thread
      Reply #276: Aug 16, 2013 12:54:18 pm
      This guy if he ever figures out the final pass and when to make it could be as good as a buy as Coutinho.

I think he could very well be our little Ace in the deck. We'll never know, but if he gets a good run of games you can seem him doing well. Off the bench running at tired players I think will prove to be his strong point.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #277: Aug 16, 2013 02:07:54 pm
      This guy if he ever figures out the final pass and when to make it could be as good as a buy as Coutinho.

I think he could very well be our little Ace in the deck. We'll never know, but if he gets a good run of games you can seem him doing well. Off the bench running at tired players I think will prove to be his strong point.

That or a loan deal for me
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #278: Aug 16, 2013 02:55:52 pm
      He could be like Walcott (only in his transfer fee/structure), obviously he's nothing like him as a player, but Walcott didn't play the first year he had at Arsenal due to a clause that Arsenal put in (if he played a certain number of games in the remaining half of the season they'd have to pay extra instalments) maybe Assaidi was the same? Unlikely I know, but Brendan seems less keen to get rid of him than say Downing?
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,614 posts | 1109 
      Reply #279: Aug 16, 2013 04:33:54 pm
      Always liked this lad when ive seen him. Tricky, direct and likes a dribble.

We dont have many like that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #280: Aug 16, 2013 04:37:33 pm
      This guy is a huge question mark in my head. Most of the games he played last season were mid-week games and due to time difference I was usually at work when these games happened and couldn't watch them. So I know close to nothing about his ability - and the truth is that, even those who did watch all UEL games, hardly saw much of him at all either. Very weird situation, but I'd love him to be at least given a proper chance, if he's staying in the squad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #281: Aug 16, 2013 04:50:51 pm
      Always liked this lad when ive seen him. Tricky, direct and likes a dribble.

We dont have many like that.

I agree, he looks skillfull, I reckon given a decent run in the team he could be very usefull for us.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #282: Aug 16, 2013 07:33:35 pm
      This boy's situation is just an absolute mystery.

Was he a signing that Kenny had in the bag before he left but then arrived after Brendan had taken over as manager?

Sure I heard or read something like this last year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #283: Aug 16, 2013 10:30:37 pm
      I'm still not convinced by him and altough he can beat a player and has a few moves he is almost clueless in the final third and has no end product to speak of.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #284: Aug 16, 2013 10:34:22 pm
      I'm still not convinced by him and altough he can beat a player and has a few moves he is almost clueless in the final third and has no end product to speak of.

This. Absolutely.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #285: Aug 16, 2013 10:35:45 pm

I know Downing isn't everyone's cup of tea and I was never concvinced he was the right quality we needed I still would have him in the sqaud over Assaidi.

But money talked on that one I presume.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #286: Aug 16, 2013 10:39:42 pm

Being able to beat a man puts him one up on Downing though.  :D
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #287: Aug 16, 2013 11:00:13 pm
      I know Downing isn't everyone's cup of tea and I was never concvinced he was the right quality we needed I still would have him in the sqaud over Assaidi.

But money talked on that one I presume.

He is clearly better than Downing but we all have our opinions. He can create something out of nothing, Downing can run down the line and hit the big man in the middle. Assaidi is more dynamic, he can beat the defender on the inside and outside, all he needs to do is perfect his timing of releasing the ball before the move dies.
      4EVER_RED_2003
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      • IBWT
      Reply #288: Aug 25, 2013 08:38:46 am
      this boy is not a good player and Downing is MILES ahead of course..........i hoped he would make it here but it has always been a pain to watch him in the red shirt

hes got no tactical sense like most players from the weaker leagues and you cant play for liverpool with no tactical sense

just watch him..all he can do is running down the side and whipping in cross

he cant link up, doesnt track back, hasnt got good enough awareness, weak stamina, no eye for goal, etc anything you name it..he has one or two strengths but his weaknesses outweigh them by a huge margin.

yes he takes on defenders and then what? he doesnt know what to do next. he hardly creates anything..hes not a dribbler nor a team player.

Its just an insult to even compare assaidi to downing...dont just watch youtube pls...judge on a string of COMPETITIVE matches they involve in.

btw, I supported downing while he was here, but was never a fan of him.
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2013 08:48:55 am by 4EVER_RED_2003 »
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #289: Aug 26, 2013 01:27:35 am
       I would have liked to see Assaidi get a few consecutive games and a chance, every time I've seen him play I thought he had something a bit special down that left side.
      As what-a-hit-son  wrote earlier in this thread. I can only conclude this wasn't a player that BR worked with the back staff in signing. Nevertheless it doesn't mean he can't/couldn't use what he's got (the manager). Don't know whether to use past or present context coz has he gone now?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #290: Aug 27, 2013 01:04:49 pm
      So why are we getting rid of the lad and letting him go to Stoke a team that doesnt suit his style of player which is attacking football????? this makes no sense unless we have wingers lined up
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #291: Aug 27, 2013 01:05:42 pm
      here is the article on his loan move which opens the door for Moses and another winger:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8891892/

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,614 posts | 1109 
      Reply #292: Aug 27, 2013 05:00:00 pm
      Another one off the wage bill then.

A loan to loan policy is inspired stuff!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #293: Aug 27, 2013 05:25:17 pm
      I have to say this is a very weird one, surely we are weakening our squad now just to cut down the wage bill. Assaidi was a useful squad player in my view and given a run of games could have been more.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #294: Aug 27, 2013 06:29:21 pm
      Good move for Oussama as he didn't seem to be in Brendan's plans. Still puzzled by that as he seems to have talent. ??? Oh well. He gets the chance to prove himself at Stoke, and we can recoup his fee if we decide to sell later. Frees up some time on the pitch for a new arrival (I hope) or Sterling/Ibe.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,495 posts | 232 
      Reply #295: Aug 27, 2013 06:34:32 pm
      Good luck Oussama. I think this one will be filed in the "Mysterious transfers" cabinet, along with Robbie Keane and Bernard Diomede.

Showed a lot of potential, had a descent pre-season as well. I cannot understand why he was not used more. It could be something we cannot see. Like does not listen tactically, or stamina/strength issues.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #296: Aug 27, 2013 06:44:02 pm
      I think its a great move for both parties. Hopefully he'll get some game time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #297: Aug 27, 2013 06:50:46 pm
      Not bothered by him leaving.

Manager didn't rate him and he hardly pulled up any trees when he did play.

Personally I just would have let him go on a free or tried to get some nominal fee from Stoke for him.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,191 posts | 165 
      Reply #298: Aug 28, 2013 03:37:58 pm
      I hope for him he has a great great season and comes back here to be a success. It's the worst I can wish him. I feel ashamed when our club negatively affects the career of players, whether they are good or not.

Quick Reply