Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq

Read 27275 times
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts | 28 
      Re: Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread (M)
      Reply #46: Jul 13, 2023 01:34:05 am
      Who would turn down someone paying you 4x your current wage?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Somewhere to Saudi Arabia)
      Reply #47: Jul 13, 2023 01:41:48 am
      Quite conflicted with this.

Firstly, due to principle, what the absolute F**k. Why be an ambassador for equality and human rights, then by choice go and condone and opt into being a sportswashed puppet. This put a big stain on Steve’s character for me. Amazing player/servant, but not the sharpest tool in the box.

Secondly, UAE has thrown a lifeline to competitors in the league, buying mediocre aging players at a premium allowing teams to recoup much needed funds. If we had Bobby, Ox, Keita on contracts could have got a few bob for them this summer, and would assume we could pickup best part of 60M for Thiago & Henderson which could both go for nothing in 12-18 months. Obviously we would miss Hendo’s energy and voice, but already feel like this team is evolving.
      Absolutely love Gerrad, but you're dead on with his brightness. I always thought he was pretty simple 🤣

This move would be good and bad for us, but it would be terrible long-term for Football. If this dude can get 700k a week at this point in his career then the writing will be on the wall for that league going forward. Even more so that they can change a dude like Hendo from one side to the other. Like your post said, he's always been a public servant for club and country and rallied people for great causes. To flip him to this league and the shadyness that comes along with it is kind of scary.

Money talks 😔
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #48: Jul 13, 2023 02:50:29 am

I thought someone who’s been outspoken on their values being polar opposites of the country that now wants to employ him 🤷🏻‍♂️

But 700k is 700k I suppose.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #49: Jul 13, 2023 03:35:21 am
      Non - starter. The captain won't be leaving.

I'd be shocked if Henderson took their dirty money, and disappointed in him if he did. He doesn't need it.

I think this will be put to bed pretty quickly.

This Saudi amateur league full of old dinosaurs seems to be like a magnet currently for players who don't seem to know when they've got enough money. Greed seems to know no bounds.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #50: Jul 13, 2023 05:56:11 am
      I think its bollocks, but I am prepared to choke on humble pie, for me anything with a wee blue bird in the top right corner is extremely dodgy, as for press and/or other media outlets most  are in frenzy mode this time of the year vying for the biggest headline,

I’ll believe it when I see the river Jordan 😁 in the background with Hendo holding a club scarf aloft !!!

YNWA

If what they say is true, 700k a week which I think is 5 times his current wage at 33 it’s fcukin hard to refuse even though his loyalties have always been with you lot! 

The oilys are taking over the world!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #51: Jul 13, 2023 06:52:30 am
      If what they say is true, 700k a week which I think is 5 times his current wage at 33 it’s fcukin hard to refuse even though his loyalties have always been with you lot! 

The oilys are taking over the world!

Yeah maybe mate, but I’m still in the Jordan Henderson is staying camp, I’ve thought about this and still can’t fathom why he would up sticks/ family, kids Schooling, climate and everything else that’s turned on it’s head, just so he can earn twice three times what he is on now,

He knows he won’t have much time left in his career and for me he’ll want to play for as long as he can the top most level if he feels he’s fit enough to do so, all those hard yards he put in in his determination to be at the highest level of fitness, which will allow him to perform for his club, for Jürgen and obviously himself, wasn’t because he would be offered a place in the desert,

Before all this bollocks came up, it was my and most ppl’s thinking that this season would be his last anyway, I believe he would have decided he’d done his stint and would happily hand the reigns to someone else, if indeed that was in his own mind then it’s a no brainer for me, the oily’s will still be around next season as will the millions he can earn, so for the sake of one last hurrah as captain of Liverpool, and chance to lift the title again he stays for me for that reason alone .

YNWA

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #52: Jul 13, 2023 08:56:44 am
      The money is nuts, just heard on talkshite its like 36mill over 4 years tax free

Hard to knock back tbf.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #53: Jul 13, 2023 09:18:57 am
      I thought someone who’s been outspoken on their values being polar opposites of the country that now wants to employ him 🤷🏻‍♂️

But 700k is 700k I suppose.

how much do these young men need to enjoy a very privileged retirement ? I didnt think Jordan would be that sort of person.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #54: Jul 13, 2023 09:19:41 am

Morals
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #55: Jul 13, 2023 09:21:55 am
      I don't care what he'll be getting how much we getting for him?
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #56: Jul 13, 2023 09:30:05 am
      How much would we get for Jordan? Surely £50m at least?

Would be a big loss to suddenly lose our captain but if the money is big enough and we can sign a couple more top young midfielders then maybe not the worst in long term.

I assume we would sign Lavia immediately who qualifies as home grown.

I don't think you'd get that much for him based on his age mate, more like 25-30 at a push i think.

I hope the club says no, and Jordan thinks better of it. Massive backwards step for us if he goes imho. Milner, Firmino and then Jordan all in one summer leaves a gaping leadership hole in the squad.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #57: Jul 13, 2023 09:31:40 am
      I don't think you'd get that much for him based on his age mate, more like 25-30 at a push i think.

I hope the club says no, and Jordan thinks better of it. Massive backwards step for us if he goes imho. Milner, Firmino and then Jordan all in one summer leaves a gaping leadership hole in the squad.

Celtics Jota went for £25mill, Id expect double that for the captain of LFC.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #58: Jul 13, 2023 09:32:30 am
      It's a big baskwards step for us if he goes imho. Even with another midfielder coming in. His leadership qualities would leave a gaping hole behind but also think that he is still a fine player. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #59: Jul 13, 2023 09:33:07 am
      Celtics Jota went for £25mill, Id expect double that for the captain of LFC.

Good point!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #60: Jul 13, 2023 09:33:21 am

See Ive changed my mind on the saudi money, I was pure against LIV golf, but then I seen some of the good the golfers are doing with the money, and the good LIV is doing when it comes to town.

So if saudis want to chuck money about, take it and use it wisely.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,934 posts | 448 
      Reply #61: Jul 13, 2023 09:49:20 am
      See Ive changed my mind on the saudi money, I was pure against LIV golf, but then I seen some of the good the golfers are doing with the money, and the good LIV is doing when it comes to town.

Correct. Hendo owes us nothing and I'd rather he left  for the experience than stay just because he's worried about his place in the England squad.

Good luck to him whatever he decides.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2862 
      Reply #62: Jul 13, 2023 09:49:34 am
      Rumours that Ettifaq are looking to get the deal done for free.

They can get to F**k. If you're paying him 35m a year you can give us a decent fee for him.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #63: Jul 13, 2023 09:50:18 am

If Jordan was to go I imagine he would put a good chunk of the money to charitable use. I'm sure these are the types of conversations he will be having to himself.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #64: Jul 13, 2023 09:56:36 am
      Agreed. I can defo see him doing more charity work with the money.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Jul 13, 2023 09:57:31 am

They can get to F**k. If you're paying him 35m a year you can give us a decent fee for him.

Maybe buy shares in the club, FSG deal. l o l
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,934 posts | 448 
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Al Ettifaq)
      Reply #66: Jul 13, 2023 10:07:49 am

Thought that would be the case.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Al Ettifaq)
      Reply #67: Jul 13, 2023 10:08:41 am
      I would sell as we need to rebuild more

Henderson also has to take it as this move sets up his family for generations upon generations and he won’t play as much with us

We can get about 30-35m for someone near the end of his career and that is amazing business from us

We could even get 40m-45m

Then bring in a new cm

Also sell Thiago imo if we can to them

We must act smart, this deal works for us as well as the players as they get a lot of money for the end of their careers
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #68: Jul 13, 2023 10:12:22 am
      I know this is a drum that you seem to be banging at the moment, but there are two sides to every story. You can't just get rid of players that don't want to be got rid of. Players can refuse to be transferred. So it's not just as simple as "ship them out".

Funny. Nobody else seems to be giving away international footballers 30 and under.

And when Jürgen first came here did wonders shipping players out for what money he could and investing it into better players.

We've passed up millions with freebies. End of chat fella.

Keep beating that florida drum. I'll just tell it like it is.

Now to get back on topic. I highly doubt you'll see Henderson in Saudi for the same reasons a guy like milner wouldn't go out there.

Hendo doesn't need money and I'm pretty sure he will want to carry on captaining the best club in the world in the most watched league in the world over playing in some amateur old dinosaur league over there that nobody watches or gives a fcuk about.

If he wants to go, which will highly surprise me , take them for every blood stained corrupt bank note we can.

Quick Reply