Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Stoke City 3 - 1 Liverpool - post match boxing

Read 44283 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: LIVE: Stoke City vs. Liverpool
      Reply #414: Dec 26, 2012 10:12:20 pm
      You're doing it again, George. Inferring that our net spend is £140 million when it clearly isn't.

Net spend doesn't excuse wasting over £100 million on poor players.

It doesn't excuse getting out fought by Stoke or a bunch of kids at Villa !

Both our net spend and gross spend is bigger than most of the prem bar two teams !!

Everytime we lose its straight to blame then owners and demanding of more money.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #415: Dec 26, 2012 10:13:09 pm
      Well if Suarez is injured now, we are well up sh*t creek.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #416: Dec 26, 2012 10:14:40 pm
      its ok we got shelvey to play up front
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #417: Dec 26, 2012 10:15:38 pm
      Henderson coming off the bench is the most painful sight for me, no (positive) impact whatsoever, a total waste of space this lad
      My dad was saying as he came on, "Suarez apart, this has to be the one of, if not, the poorest Liverpool teams in my lifetime.... *Henderson getting ready to come on* ..LOOK AT THAT c**t SORTING HIS F***ing HAIR OUT!!!!"
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #418: Dec 26, 2012 10:16:23 pm
      its ok we got shelvey to play up front

Oh how silly of me to overlook that !  hhhmmmmm
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #419: Dec 26, 2012 10:16:42 pm
      You're doing it again, George. Inferring that our net spend is £140 million when it clearly isn't.

Recouping their investment??

They own the F***ing club and now they want it paid for with lfc money Ffs

They haven't 'invested' anything, they bought the club for 300m prob worth over 400m now

THey only spend what they earn so not a penny has been put into the club as yet
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #420: Dec 26, 2012 10:17:44 pm
      Brendan will need to earn his salary these next few days , he's the manager , he has to pick this team up after that.
      The next couple of games are vital , not just in terms of our season , but also for Brendan personally.
      I hear more and more fans questioning what he is doing , and wondering when all his talk is going to show in the performance of his team.
      I am not calling for him to be sacked , far from it , but he needs to show that the complete faith the owners put in him , was justified. For me he is not doing that . Yes , the  players were poor , but it's the lack of fight and desire which is hard to stomach. That side of things comes from the management.
      At the moment we are a laughing stock , and I for one don't like it !

red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #421: Dec 26, 2012 10:18:44 pm
      I'd like to think that now, finally, BR will address this vulnerability to counter attacks in our set up.  At the moment, all opposition managers have to do is see how we play and look to hit us on the break. 
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #422: Dec 26, 2012 10:19:34 pm
      Brendan will need to earn his salary these next few days , he's the manager , he has to pick this team up after that.
      The next couple of games are vital , not just in terms of our season , but also for Brendan personally.
      I hear more and more fans questioning what he is doing , and wondering when all his talk is going to show in the performance of his team.
      I am not calling for him to be sacked , far from it , but he needs to show that the complete faith the owners put in him , was justified. For me he is not doing that . Yes , the  players were poor , but it's the lack of fight and desire which is hard to stomach. That side of things comes from the management.
      At the moment we are a laughing stock , and I for one don't like it !

I'm sorry but the fight and desire has to come from the players, Brendan's not out there on the pitch he can't do it for them
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #423: Dec 26, 2012 10:20:23 pm
      I'd like to think that now, finally, BR will address this vulnerability to counter attacks in our set up.  At the moment, all opposition managers have to do is see how we play and look to hit us on the break.

Personally I thought we held up fine against the counter today, no goals conceded from it at least
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #424: Dec 26, 2012 10:21:37 pm
      I'm sorry but the fight and desire has to come from the players, Brendan's not out there on the pitch he can't do it for them

The lack of fight is worrying.  I hope it doesn't mean (some?) players are losing faith in Rodgers - it can happen, I'm not saying it has, but it's possible.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #425: Dec 26, 2012 10:24:22 pm

Doesn't matter if it's net or gross, £1 shouldn't be wasted, which I believe was his point.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #426: Dec 26, 2012 10:27:51 pm
      We are in sh*t street,  BR is a yes man for FENWAY  the writing was on the wall when we fu**ed up in transfer window, when BR discarded andy carroll when he was just looking good with suarez, BR certainly has said all the right things but results matter beaten at home by villa who have shipped 12 goals in two games, beaten by stoke without so much of a wimper. I  have been going and watching liverpool since 1975 and this is worse than anything ive seen including souness and hodgson BR is an inexpereinced manager doing one of the biggest jobs in football how long can we defend him im losing hope.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #427: Dec 26, 2012 10:28:30 pm
      Over analysis again.

Villa the world beaters and now this, I should know better but I always get carried away after a victory...hardly surprising we got stuffed again when we come against a side with a bit of mental strength and fight.

QPR away means 1 point at best.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #428: Dec 26, 2012 10:29:18 pm
      I don't know about anyone else, but I'm absolutely fuming even though we haven't won a league game at Stoke since like 1984. (I had prepared myself for a difficult game in sh*t conditions against a thug team)

The defending was very very poor. Glen looked out of it the whole game, Skrtel and Agger weren't as solid as usual, and Enrique only picked it up towards the end when the game was pretty much over. In addition to that, I felt the midfield were dire today. It just seemed like we didn't know who to mark when Stoke had the ball, and we had no composure when Stoke pressed.

Pressing is what we're supposed to be doing. We didn't do that and that has to start from the front. Once again, Luis Suarez is the only player who earns his keep. Absolutely tireless. Suso can't do it on the left, and Downing crashed back to reality. I thought Jonjo was poor today as well, as he was a bit vs Fulham. Until he can be a consistent player, I see no reason why Stevie shouldn't be first choice No. 10. I thought Gerrard did ok today, but he should be our AM.

We had no composure and we were simply out-performed by Stoke f**king City who scored three goals. Three!

Our decision-making is shockingly poor. Suarez tries to dribble through everyone, no one's making a run, there were times when players didn't know when to shoot or to pass (Stevie about the 35th minute, Glen about 75th minute for example), Downing is afraid of his own shadow, Cole doesn't run to the ball when he knows pressure's coming, Henderson aimlessly plays balls into the box, and so on.

Just GAHHHHHH
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #429: Dec 26, 2012 10:29:37 pm
      Doesn't matter if it's net or gross, £1 shouldn't be wasted, which I believe was his point.

It matters to me. Constantly using a spend figure of £140 million tells a different (and false) story than telling it with the actual net spend figure. George uses the higher figure repeatedly because it suits his repeated argument better to do so.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #430: Dec 26, 2012 10:30:03 pm
      We are in sh*t street,  BR is a yes man for FENWAY  the writing was on the wall when we fu**ed up in transfer window, when BR discarded andy carroll when he was just looking good with suarez, BR certainly has said all the right things but results matter beaten at home by villa who have shipped 12 goals in two games, beaten by stoke without so much of a wimper. I  have been going and watching liverpool since 1975 and this is worse than anything ive seen including souness and hodgson BR is an inexpereinced manager doing one of the biggest jobs in football how long can we defend him im losing hope.

Truely hilarious post

and the answer to your question Manc is as long as it takes.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #431: Dec 26, 2012 10:32:46 pm
      It matters to me. Constantly using a spend figure of £140 million tells a different (and false) story than telling it with the actual net spend figure. George uses the higher figure repeatedly because it suits his repeated argument better to do so.

No I use the high figure because that's exactly how much we have spent on players in 2 years. It's a fact that can't be denied
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #432: Dec 26, 2012 10:34:51 pm
      The lack of fight is worrying.  I hope it doesn't mean (some?) players are losing faith in Rodgers - it can happen, I'm not saying it has, but it's possible.

I think quite a few of us are thinking the same , but hoping we're wrong .
      The total lack of any fight is a genuine concern.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #433: Dec 26, 2012 10:35:13 pm
      No I use the high figure because that's exactly how much we have spent on players in 2 years. It's a fact that can't be denied

It's misleading if you omit the figure recouped on sales. Like I said, you won't do that because it doesn't suit your argument.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #434: Dec 26, 2012 10:37:24 pm
      your calling me a MANC have you seen  my other posts, whats hilarious is you will wait for as long as it takes I can see the writing is on wall Gerrard is not happy the players we have would be perfect for the counterattack but we are the team who lose the ball in our own half constantly, BR has decimated a team that did really well in cups, now were a joke stoke city fans wishing they played us every week what you gonna say when qpr beat us, you are probably one of the morons that wanted Rafa and KK OUT
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #435: Dec 26, 2012 10:40:10 pm
      The presence of Andy Carroll could have helped in the second half.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #436: Dec 26, 2012 10:40:20 pm
      your calling me a MANC have you seen  my other posts, whats hilarious is you will wait for as long as it takes I can see the writing is on wall Gerrard is not happy the players we have would be perfect for the counterattack but we are the team who lose the ball in our own half constantly, BR has decimated a team that did really well in cups, now were a joke stoke city fans wishing they played us every week what you gonna say when qpr beat us, you are probably one of the morons that wanted Rafa and KK OUT

211 posts over 2.5 years and a -5 rating along with your post tells me all I need to know about your contribution to this board and you in general.

Kibble is down the road troll, shove off  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply