Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4266790 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #16905: Aug 15, 2014 06:02:54 pm
      Does any other dude on here think that LFC are this years Spurs? Mr Rogers has bought too many players... 2nd last year suggests that the addition of a few players to augment the squad would have been more desirable than the aimless spending spree that you have embarked on

epic fail on the cards

You are not a clever man, are you? I notice this is your first post. Let it also be your last.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #16906: Aug 15, 2014 06:04:33 pm
      Mate, if Liverpool have no intentions of finding a like-for-like replacement for Luis Suarez, does that not tell you that we wanted to sell him regardless of whether he wanted to stay or not? The fee was significant, and negotiations were seemingly smooth. If we had desperately wanted him to stay, surely then our priority would have been to try and keep him (which we didn't), or find someone who could replace him (which we haven't).

Rodgers knew the quality of Suarez but he also knew the long term importance of adding quality depth to this squad (which personally I feel would have been impossible without the LS departure). I think he was happy to sacrifice that world class forward for a better balanced squad - and that's what he gone and done. By no means do I have anything against this vision of his. If it wins us the title then I'm all for it! .. but in response to your last sentence, no - I do not think it'll be the player/s we were all expecting. Someone who can step in for Sturridge is what I'm expecting.

Good point. Let's not forget how his Swansea team taught those above them a footballing lesson most weeks without the benefit of a "star".
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #16907: Aug 15, 2014 06:06:27 pm
      Well that interview didn't exactly have him exuding confidence in the acquisition of a striker did it? I'm sorry, but if he thinks we can achieve top four with the strike force we have...he's kidding himself. 

Sorry, but we easily can. Admittedly the drop-off from Sturridge to Lambert isn't great, but Sturridge has played 80% of all possible games since coming to LFC, and I am more than confident of us being able to grab the goals necessary to win a game when he is injured.

He's looking at finding a better 2nd choice striker, but our team is capable of getting the goals regardless of who leads the line.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #16908: Aug 15, 2014 06:19:15 pm
      Sorry, but we easily can. Admittedly the drop-off from Sturridge to Lambert isn't great, but Sturridge has played 80% of all possible games since coming to LFC, and I am more than confident of us being able to grab the goals necessary to win a game when he is injured.

He's looking at finding a better 2nd choice striker, but our team is capable of getting the goals regardless of who leads the line.

Well if Sturridge gets a long term injury the day after the transfer window closed, then we'd be fu**ed.

Do we expect Sturridge to play every single game and to play every CL game without having a dip in performance, injury or fitness?

We have CL games as well to factor in and if Sturridge gets a serious injury we'll drop a lot of points if Lambert plays upfront instead of Sturridge.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #16909: Aug 15, 2014 06:25:23 pm
      Does any other dude on here think that LFC are this years Spurs? Mr Rogers has bought too many players... 2nd last year suggests that the addition of a few players to augment the squad would have been more desirable than the aimless spending spree that you have embarked on

epic fail on the cards

F**k off.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16910: Aug 15, 2014 06:42:25 pm
      Mate, if Liverpool have no intentions of finding a like-for-like replacement for Luis Suarez, does that not tell you that we wanted to sell him regardless of whether he wanted to stay or not? The fee was significant, and negotiations were seemingly smooth. If we had desperately wanted him to stay, surely then our priority would have been to try and keep him (which we didn't), or find someone who could replace him (which we haven't).

Rodgers knew the quality of Suarez but he also knew the long term importance of adding quality depth to this squad (which personally I feel would have been impossible without the LS departure). I think he was happy to sacrifice that world class forward for a better balanced squad - and that's what he gone and done. By no means do I have anything against this vision of his. If it wins us the title then I'm all for it! .. but in response to your last sentence, no - I do not think it'll be the player/s we were all expecting. Someone who can step in for Sturridge is what I'm expecting.

The only problem is that there is no like for like replacement for Suarez.
      You either build your team around him, as Rodgers did (and is on record as saying so) or you go for a different style of play.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #16911: Aug 15, 2014 06:55:34 pm

Still need a lot more than faith alone.

Get another striker in and we're virtually nailed on for a top four minimum again.

The scum have only bought two so far and one of them is injured; throw in the fact too that they've got a psycho manager whose bound to divide the dressing room.

Spuds have a new manager and tactics to get used to; plus they've still got all the wrong players.

Blue noses could well again turn out to be the dark horses - incapable of lasting the distance though. 

We've got or at least will have the best opportunity in cementing one of those CL places. Aren't the CL finances set to triple next season? Can we really afford not to go out with a full magazine or are we to play Russian roulette by relying 5 misses 1 hit Borini? ;D ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #16912: Aug 15, 2014 07:11:35 pm
      Just saw this...who is number 11 that we might be after?

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 27m
      Something weird is happening, Sterling was about to be announced as our new number 11, now postponed
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #16913: Aug 15, 2014 07:17:21 pm
      You know what....Assaidi is 11...wonder if they thought they'd finally got rid of him and something hit a snag?

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #16914: Aug 15, 2014 07:29:52 pm
      Well if Sturridge gets a long term injury the day after the transfer window closed, then we'd be fu**ed.

Do we expect Sturridge to play every single game and to play every CL game without having a dip in performance, injury or fitness?

We have CL games as well to factor in and if Sturridge gets a serious injury we'll drop a lot of points if Lambert plays upfront instead of Sturridge.

We might drop two points here and there, which wouldn't be great for our title ambitions but we will still score goals with Lambert leading the line. Plenty of them in fact. And we would still get top 4.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #16915: Aug 15, 2014 07:45:30 pm

epic fail on the cards
      You can't be referring to last season they had Bale are you, comparing it to how they did last year? If you are in terms of our actual season last year then I so hope we do a Spurs , in relation to there 2012/13 season Spurs finished with just 3 less points. That would leave us with a mere 81 points come May 2015. Think I'd take that what with it being our first year back in the CL and with so many new young players in our team.

For the record that points total would have won the EPL on some years since it started so let's all hope we're this seasons Spurs, eh?

What a bell end.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #16916: Aug 15, 2014 07:58:59 pm
      You know what....Assaidi is 11...wonder if they thought they'd finally got rid of him and something hit a snag?

Well Stoke are seemingly set to sign Moses, so they may have moved on from Assaidi.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 824 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #16917: Aug 15, 2014 07:59:08 pm

That's why we should go with a false 9 in his absence. Slot either Sterling or Coutinho in there I reckon they'd be fine. 
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #16918: Aug 15, 2014 08:31:28 pm
      That's why we should go with a false 9 in his absence. Slot either Sterling or Coutinho in there I reckon they'd be fine.

Markovic would probably be the natural pick, given that he has experience playing as a false 9. Ibe also seems like he might be developing into a natural 9 - so a false one wouldn't be too far off the mark  :P
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #16919: Aug 15, 2014 08:49:31 pm
      I remember it well mate, you were a huge advocate of Aguerro back then. Me? I was busy banging the Robert Earnshaw drum in the "who would you sign if we really do have f*ck all money" thread  :lmao:. Great times on the forums they were, and you were bang on the money mate.

Just signed for Chicago in MLS on a free! hahahaha
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 824 
      Reply #16920: Aug 15, 2014 08:53:34 pm
      Markovic would probably be the natural pick, given that he has experience playing as a false 9. Ibe also seems like he might be developing into a natural 9 - so a false one wouldn't be too far off the mark  :P

Oh in that case give it to Markovic, at least we get to keep our fluidity up top.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #16921: Aug 15, 2014 09:43:19 pm
      We might drop two points here and there, which wouldn't be great for our title ambitions but we will still score goals with Lambert leading the line. Plenty of them in fact. And we would still get top 4.

If we had to play Lambert for one or two months, that could easily happen as Sturridge has been injured for over a month for every season he's played football (pretty much).

Not to mention the fact we'd be working him down to the bone playing 90 minutes on Wednesday in Europe, then 90 minutes again on Saturday.

We'd easily drop points in 4-5 games, probably a lot more. And the difference between 1st and 4th last season was only 7 points.

You're saying we "easily" can make top 4 no matter what injuries Sturridge get? I don't see it.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 824 
      Reply #16922: Aug 15, 2014 09:49:02 pm
      "If we don't get a striker in than it just means the right player didn't become available" words of Rodgers during his pre game press conference, hope that we do get the right striker, any new rumors striker wise?
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #16923: Aug 15, 2014 09:52:03 pm
      If we had to play Lambert for one or two months, that could easily happen as Sturridge has been injured for over a month for every season he's played football (pretty much).

Not to mention the fact we'd be working him down to the bone playing 90 minutes on Wednesday in Europe, then 90 minutes again on Saturday.

We'd easily drop points in 4-5 games, probably a lot more. And the difference between 1st and 4th last season was only 7 points.

You're saying we "easily" can make top 4 no matter what injuries Sturridge get? I don't see it.

Mate, I don't think we would drop points just because Lambert plays! I think we will win most of them, at a slightly reduced rate then if Sturridge plays. We have a strong enough team over all to win most games even if Lambert starts every game.
      Lambert is a good striker. Goals plus assists he was right up there with the best of them last season. And we can score goals regardless of who leads the line. The team is very strong.

And the difference between 1st and 5th was 14 points. We could have got 73 and still finished top 4.
      I'll be disappointed if sturridge gets a long term injury because it would mean we probably won't challenge for the title - but I saying we wouldn't make top 4 is over the top.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #16924: Aug 15, 2014 09:52:44 pm
      "If we don't get a striker in than it just means the right player didn't become available" words of Rodgers during his pre game press conference, hope that we do get the right striker, any new rumors striker wise?

A dark and most malevolent source is saying Balotelli again. But its shitty ITK  >:D
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #16925: Aug 15, 2014 09:54:51 pm
      Not to say I don't think we will sign a striker - odds are we will. But its not doom and gloom if we don't
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #16926: Aug 15, 2014 09:57:24 pm
      Mate, I don't think we would drop points just because Lambert plays! I think we will win most of them, at a slightly reduced rate then if Sturridge plays. We have a strong enough team over all to win most games even if Lambert starts every game.
      Lambert is a good striker. Goals plus assists he was right up there with the best of them last season. And we can score goals regardless of who leads the line. The team is very strong.

And the difference between 1st and 5th was 14 points. We could have got 73 and still finished top 4.
      I'll be disappointed if sturridge gets a long term injury because it would mean we probably won't challenge for the title - but I saying we wouldn't make top 4 is over the top.

"I don't think we would drop points because Lambert plays", you don't think we'd drop points having Lambert over Sturridge?

I think we'll have to agree or disagree mate. I don't think Lambert will fit into our team as well as he did at Saints, and I feel he might struggle. Which is why I fear if he gets an extended run in the side we'd really struggle.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #16927: Aug 15, 2014 09:57:40 pm
      Not to say I don't think we will sign a striker - odds are we will. But its not doom and gloom if we don't

It's at least gloom mate. For me anyway.

Why do we always seem to get almost all the way there and come up just a touch short?

Can't we just finish this transfer window strong for a change? ;D

Quick Reply