Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 316483 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The Raheem Sterling Contract Situation
      Reply #1173: Apr 02, 2015 12:08:54 pm
      He turns down 100k a week and wants to win trophies - and Arsenal are in the discussion? Thick as pig sh*t.

His agent is in his head i reckon. His stock is at an all time high - perfect time to be making some noise. "Not a money-grabber" but he admits to wanting more money.

You better believe his agent is in his head, and the ££££ signs are in the agent's eyes.
      The hyperbole that the kid will be sold right now will be earth shattering,
      and he'll buy it, because he's young and ambitious, and because he'll get a massive contract.

All the while Liverpool will show that they can't compete for World Class players,
      even if they bring them in via the academy first.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1174: Apr 02, 2015 12:13:00 pm
      The ambition line was more cunning, but wholly opportunistic. It is a lot easier to question the likelihood of Liverpool’s Champions League participation next season since their defeat to Manchester United than it was during the unbeaten run.

We can debate if the desire to win the title will ever be realised under Fenway Sports Group, but we know one undisputable fact. Anfield is far more attractive under them than when Sterling signed in the bankruptcy-threatened final throes of Tom Hicks and George Gillett's reign in 2010.

The difference between then and now is the previous regime was willing to make Sterling the best paid 15-year-old in England. He liked the smell of that ambition, and turned down clubs in a far more promising position at the time because they offered less. Not about the money?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11510926/Raheem-Sterlings-interview-was-opportunitistic-offensive-and-a-massive-PR-own-goal-with-Liverpool-fans.html
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1175: Apr 02, 2015 12:16:10 pm
      It's really pissing me off people referring to other clubs as 'bigger'. If Raheem moves to Barca or Real then ok, maybe, but the likes of City and Chelsea and even Arsenal aren't bigger just because they have more money than we do.

Raheem is at Liverpool for fucks sake and we WILL win silverware under Brendan.

Torres won the FA cup, Europa League and Champions League at Chelsea. I wonder how much he felt a part of it. I wonder if he regrets leaving Liverpool.  I'd bet my money that he doesn't cherish his medals much and he regrets leaving us every day.

Raheem might win a medal at Chelsea or City but he will know himself how much of a part he played.

Stay at Liverpool, a massive club, who are prepared to pay you top F***ing wages and who have put you in this position now, experience the self satisfaction of winning silverware here the hard way and become a club legend.

Or go and be a part time player at City and spend half the season on the bench.

Think F***ing carefully Raheem.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1176: Apr 02, 2015 12:24:10 pm

Gareth Bale has had about the best debut you could expect at a club like Real Madrid and won La Decima for them only to find the supporters trashed his car

Just on the car point,  it has been alledged, by a reputable source, that a newspaper paid some fans to do that.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1177: Apr 02, 2015 12:24:46 pm
      Holy Mole Bascombe has really torn into Raheem and his agent in that article.
      Michael-2015
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #1178: Apr 02, 2015 12:29:53 pm
      Wenger at our presser this morning:

"Raheem Sterling is a top player, everybody in the country knows that now. He is a very important player for Liverpool of course. I do not want to speak about any move. We are not in a transfer period, we are in front of a big game. I respect Liverpool and I do not want to go into any supposed move for any of their players. I don't want to interfere in (reports over contract negotiations), especially 48 hours before the game. That's down to Liverpool, it is not my problem"

Arsene to English Translation

"Hello, Mr Ayre?, Yes, It is Arsene, yes you too, now where were we, £25,000,001?..."
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1179: Apr 02, 2015 12:37:43 pm
      Wenger at our presser this morning:

"Raheem Sterling is a top player, everybody in the country knows that now. He is a very important player for Liverpool of course. I do not want to speak about any move. We are not in a transfer period, we are in front of a big game. I respect Liverpool and I do not want to go into any supposed move for any of their players. I don't want to interfere in (reports over contract negotiations), especially 48 hours before the game. That's down to Liverpool, it is not my problem"

Arsene to English Translation

"Hello, Mr Ayre?, Yes, It is Arsene, yes you too, now where were we, £25,000,001?..."

:lmao:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1180: Apr 02, 2015 12:40:57 pm

Torres threatened the club with leaving unless we invested and was surprised to find we called his bluff, knowing about his knee injury. Babel and Meireles highly over-rated their own talents as they proved after they left. Suarez was always agitating to leave for Spain just as he agitated at Ajax. Stevie wanted more playing time than we were prepared to guarantee him.

The players can say whatever they like but the fact is we finished second in the league last season and banged in over a hundred goals so to leave on the basis "we are unlikley to ever win anything" is patently bollocks.

Gareth Bale has had about the best debut you could expect at a club like Real Madrid and won La Decima for them only to find the supporters trashed his car because he hasn't passed to Ronaldo enough in recent matches.

If Raheem thinks he can handle that kind of pressure then he is entitled for big boy wages but given that he has gone missing during recent crunch matches I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

I see that the criticism has now somehow shifted onto FSG giving Sturridge an improved contract whilst he has been injured. But goals are the currency of success in this sport and Daniel has proven that he can deliver those.

Right now Sterling's finishing leaves a LOT to be desired. He is pacy, young and provides assists but so does Markovic on 80k per week and so will Ibe on considerably less.

The ball's in your court Raheem; let's hope you don't hopelessly slice it into the crowd as you did with that interview.

Oh, and sack your agent - the moronic advice he has given you isn't worth a paycheck.
      More PR bollox from you. Our top players are leaving because FSG = Lack if ambition, they have a desire to play at the top level with top players, challenging for top honours.
      You keep harping on about finishing second under FSG, yes we finished second mainly due to the form of Suarez, it certainly wasn't due to the ambitious loan signings of Victor Moses and Ally Cissoko! Maybe it was ambition like that which helped make up Suarez' mind about leaving.

Why expect players to buy into FSG's looooooooooooong term plan, when their careers are so short?
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #1181: Apr 02, 2015 12:48:49 pm
      I'm still sticking to the conspiracy relating to this article - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2928858/ITV-Sport-lead-race-2015-Cricket-World-Cup-highlights.html

Sterlings agent is splitting from the company he works for and even in that article it says any deals for the players he looks after (including Berahino + Oxlade-Chamberlain) will likely be put on hold until he has set up his own company - likely to be this summer.

Seems quite obvious that Sterling signs a new huge deal, Aidy Ward will get a much higher cut than if its with his own company, rather than having to split profits with his parent company.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1182: Apr 02, 2015 12:48:52 pm
      Raheem Sterling doesn't realise how good he has it at Liverpool and should stay where he is, says Paul Scholes

"When it comes to his future, my view is that Sterling should stay at Liverpool. They have elevated him from the junior sides and he has a manager who has built a team around him. He plays every week. What more do you need at that age?

"Sterling is a good player. He can beat a man and, on his day, looks impressive. But he doesn't score enough goals, not yet anyway.

"You have to be careful when you time a move to one of the biggest clubs.

"Occasionally, these young players do not realise what a good thing they are on to when they know they will be playing every week."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11510762/Raheem-Sterling-doesnt-realise-how-good-he-has-it-at-Liverpool-and-should-stay-where-he-is-says-Paul-Scholes.html

Spot on analysis that from a usually piss poor right wing paper. He's backed himself into a horrible corner now. Very poor judgement from Raheem. All is not lost, come out, apologise, sign the dotted line and score some goals, that's how you repent young man. Don't waste your years warming a bench in a club you think is bigger.
      Michael-2015
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #1183: Apr 02, 2015 01:03:17 pm
      More PR bollox from you. Our top players are leaving because FSG = Lack if ambition, they have a desire to play at the top level with top players, challenging for top honours.
      You keep harping on about finishing second under FSG, yes we finished second mainly due to the form of Suarez, it certainly wasn't due to the ambitious loan signings of Victor Moses and Ally Cissoko! Maybe it was ambition like that which helped make up Suarez' mind about leaving.

Why expect players to buy into FSG's looooooooooooong term plan, when their careers are so short?

Incredible where football has gotten to where the ordinary fan sees a clubs desire to only spend what they can as a "lack of ambition". Whether you like it or not you still have work to do before you can attract those top, top players without throwing buckets of money at them. Do you not have a major stadium re-development on the horizon?. Once that is complete you will be able to push forward again, under your own steam. God I know It can be difficult when you seem like the only sane man in the asylum but you have to believe you are doing things the right way. Don't let primadonna players and money hungry agents hold you to ransom. We had to put up with 10 years of failure and ridicule while we stuck to our long term plans and our principle of being self-sufficient, and now FINALLY we are able to buy players like Sanchez and Ozil with our own cash, and very, very slowly we are becoming the team we used to be. So important not to sell the soul of your club in the short term in order to try to compete with City and Chelsea's madness.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,498 posts | 2869 
      Reply #1184: Apr 02, 2015 01:14:41 pm
      Interesting to see what Brendan says in his pre-match presser in a little while, especially if it's true that the interview was done behind the Club's back.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1185: Apr 02, 2015 01:34:04 pm
      Sterling is only doing what he's seen Suarez do before him.....

When your superstar player helps you almost win the title and get back into Champion's League, and then pisses off to "greener" pastures, what message does it send to the other up and comers on the team?

There is no more loyalty in the game. Sterling says it isn't about money....well then sign the contract that's been offered to you lad and quit screwing around.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #1186: Apr 02, 2015 01:36:29 pm
      Fenway starting snide little campaigns in the press.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-liverpool-infuriated-raheem-sterlings-bbc-interview-083304494--sow.html

Clearly wanting LFC to win trophies is now considered a crime by Fenway.

The mugs fell for it before with Luis, Nando and others. The Yanks spent forever trying to force Dagger and Pepe out.

PS star man for 35k a week? They're taking the piss.

And they'll do exactly the same stunt here.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1187: Apr 02, 2015 01:36:46 pm

Torres threatened the club with leaving unless we invested and was surprised to find we called his bluff, knowing about his knee injury. Babel and Meireles highly over-rated their own talents as they proved after they left. Suarez was always agitating to leave for Spain just as he agitated at Ajax. Stevie wanted more playing time than we were prepared to guarantee him.

The players can say whatever they like but the fact is we finished second in the league last season and banged in over a hundred goals so to leave on the basis "we are unlikley to ever win anything" is patently bollocks.

Gareth Bale has had about the best debut you could expect at a club like Real Madrid and won La Decima for them only to find the supporters trashed his car because he hasn't passed to Ronaldo enough in recent matches.

If Raheem thinks he can handle that kind of pressure then he is entitled for big boy wages but given that he has gone missing during recent crunch matches I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

I see that the criticism has now somehow shifted onto FSG giving Sturridge an improved contract whilst he has been injured. But goals are the currency of success in this sport and Daniel has proven that he can deliver those.

Right now Sterling's finishing leaves a LOT to be desired. He is pacy, young and provides assists but so does Markovic on 80k per week and so will Ibe on considerably less.

The ball's in your court Raheem; let's hope you don't hopelessly slice it into the crowd as you did with that interview.

Oh, and sack your agent - the moronic advice he has given you isn't worth a paycheck.

Not necessarily. If this poor season was taken in isolation then yes but it's a worrying trend with our club isn't it? We finish runners up then spend years before we challenge again and as I said in a few pages back, whilst the club may be infinitely better run by these guys then H&G, player investment has dropped so we're further away than ever. This isn't me absolving Sterling from being greedy by the way, I'm just responding to this specific point. FSG are neither Saints nor Devils and I always try to have a balanced view of them, unlike some who need to take their meds before posting, but if we're to move forward, we have to find money from somewhere in order to increase player spending, be that wages or transfer fees for established talent because I believe this to be the source of disinterest in joining us by top players. They simply do not want to play alongside a bunch of untested kids.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #1188: Apr 02, 2015 01:38:27 pm

They promised the exact same "long term" plan to Nando and others.
      And what happened? We won a Carling Cup against some Championship level taffies.

FSG= FUll of sh*te Group.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1189: Apr 02, 2015 01:41:46 pm
      Fenway starting snide little campaigns in the press.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-liverpool-infuriated-raheem-sterlings-bbc-interview-083304494--sow.html

Clearly wanting LFC to win trophies is now considered a crime by Fenway.

The mugs fell for it before with Luis, Nando and others. The Yanks spent forever trying to force Dagger and Pepe out.

PS star man for 35k a week? They're taking the piss.

And they'll do exactly the same stunt here.

Would you just stop. No one forced Agger or Pepe out. And if so it was Brendan, so put your faux anger in the right place and aim it at the boss.

And how is wanting to win trophies a crime...aren't we inline to win one this year?

You need to pop a couple of Zanax my friend...chase that with an 8-ball and a bottle of Jack and your posts may start to make sense.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1190: Apr 02, 2015 02:01:20 pm
      Do you think that if we win the FA cup and finish say 5th, he'll sign that contract?

After all, it's about the trophies right?

:f_tongueincheek:
      dipper37
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1191: Apr 02, 2015 02:11:15 pm
      "club doing it's utmost" does not mean giving in to his demands. In the TV interview,which he is reported to have given without the club's knowledge he said he doesn't want to come across as a greedy young player. Well guess what - he did and the sooner he is put in his place the better. he needs to realise no player is bigger than LVFC.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1192: Apr 02, 2015 02:11:30 pm
      Rodgers on Sterling: "He has two and a half years left on his deal, he's going nowhere in the summer."
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1193: Apr 02, 2015 02:17:13 pm
      Rodgers on Sterling's interview: "No permission from the club. It surprised us all. Some times he'll make mistakes as a youngster."
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1194: Apr 02, 2015 02:18:04 pm
      BR just confirmed the club knew nothing of yesterday's interview. He's done
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1195: Apr 02, 2015 02:19:56 pm
      How terribly sorry I feel for Raheem Sterling, a 20 years old being offered £100k a week and pretty much guaranteed a starting spot every week at a top club at the world's top football league.

Quick Reply