Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Steven Gerrard
      (79.2%)
      Raul Meireles
      (12.9%)
      Fernando Torres
      (1.1%)
      Christian Poulsen
      (4.5%)
      Joe Cole
      (2.2%)

Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool - In game and post match frustration

Read 79679 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #966: Sep 19, 2010 11:27:37 pm
      I haven't read the thread, but I was disappointed by the way we set up today and the fact that we played so deep and stood off them so much. You can't let man united put crosses into the box and not expect to concede - step forward Konchesky.

I'm going to take a lot of convincing with Poulsen - Lucas must be breathing a sigh of relief watching him. The words 'piss' and 'poor' come to mind!

Nice to see Sky backing up their We Hate Torres Now campaign with Alan smith being a complete bulb most of the game.

Nice little comeback, but we'll lose more games against 'the big four' playing like that than we win.

For me, Liverpool Football Club should not be conceding three goals against anyone.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #967: Sep 19, 2010 11:28:02 pm
      And then Ferguson goes and congratulates him for a job well done. Moronic.

If it was me in charge he would of got a bollocking and a fine.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #968: Sep 19, 2010 11:28:16 pm
      Nani did himself no favours today  :-\ He definitely took a dive in the box.

What's new? He's oceanic by nature...
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #969: Sep 19, 2010 11:34:05 pm
      To all the cretins here slagging Roy Hodgson off, do you not remember the absolutely horrible, negative football we've been playing for the last 10 years?

Very, very rarely under Rafa or Ged did we actually play any convincing football. It was always pragmatic, defence-first football.

So how-in-the-hell can Roy be expected to transform things overnight? It CANNOT BE DONE!

Also, don't you remember how many times we started a season badly under Rafa and he blamed international breaks, players' lack of fitness and needing time to bed-in new players? And yet somehow Hodgson is expected to ignore all that and produce a miracle in 5 games?

Get a grip on yourselves FFS!

Now, I'm NOT saying Roy is perfect and is NECESSARILY our long term answer but for sure he deserves about 15 league games before we start seriously judging him.

At the risk of being overly optimistic we are still only 3 points off a Champions League place and that is the ABSOLUTE BEST we can hope for with the squad we have. No manager on the planet could win the league, or even come close, with these players. Have you forgotten that Rafa took this squad to the heady heights of 7th last season.

Jeese, I get so angry with some of the garbage that gets spouted on here. Too many people have no sense of perspective on anything.

Rant over! Have a nice day!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #970: Sep 19, 2010 11:35:37 pm
      If it was me in charge he would of got a bollocking and a fine.

They have you and yet they picked Ferg to manage the mancs. How painful.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #971: Sep 19, 2010 11:35:42 pm
      Loved Dagger telling Nani to get up and play football. . . Then bending him over and. . . Oh wait that last bit didnt happen
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #972: Sep 19, 2010 11:39:34 pm
      F***ing gutted but angry!  >:( What a f**king dismal performance, outclassed and outplayed. It hurts even more knowing we came from 2-0 down as well. What pisses me off is we scored twice and then as f**king usual we sit back!! Them manc bas**rds were shitting it then, we should have attacked more and more, not bring on Dan Agger and hold on for a point with over 10mins left.  :f_steam:

Hodgson messed it up today as well. Firstly Gerrard played way too deep, there was just nothing going forward and no service for Torres. Poulsen should never have played, we're going to Old Trafford you don't go and play for a point there.

For me the whole game and approach from us was so negative and we got what we deserved. We need to sort our f**king season out, isn't looking too good at the moment. Also, f**k Glen Johnson off, the man can't defend to save his life, Giggs walked past him and he's a 35yr old pensioner. Overall so disappointed and gutted, Hodgson got swore at a lot today from me and my friends for his approach.

P.S Berbaflop's still f**king sh*t, he only scored a hattrick cause of our poor defending the w**ker
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #973: Sep 19, 2010 11:42:50 pm
      This switch from six years of zonal marking to man-marking is really confusing our players. Torres marking Berbatov? Berbatov out-doing Carragher and Skrtel twice.

Can we just go back to Zonal marking please?
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #974: Sep 19, 2010 11:46:36 pm
      I'm not as disappointed as most. But what bugs me was the lack of urgency and passion in the first half. And then when we got to 2-2, we had momentum and should of kicked on but brought on a defender instead, took off a creative midfielder and dropped back again.

If we went down 2-0, I would of been much less disappointed in a weird way if you get what I'm trying to say. The pain is there because we managed to fight back but left empty handed.

Absolutely gutted by this result. I'd have happily taken the draw but allowing them to come at you during the last couple of minutes, especially with our dodgy defence, is a crime. We should have gone attack,attack,attack. Should have would have could have I guess.

Pissed off by this negativeness. Understatement of the century that.

Exactly my point but you two explained it better, way too negative today and we got punished for it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #975: Sep 19, 2010 11:47:13 pm
      This switch from six years of zonal marking to man-marking is really confusing our players. Torres marking Berbatov?

Torres marking Berbatov was a mistake fortunately for us. Took his three goals well though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #976: Sep 19, 2010 11:50:04 pm
      To all the cretins here slagging Roy Hodgson off, do you not remember the absolutely horrible, negative football we've been playing for the last 10 years?

Very, very rarely under Rafa or Ged did we actually play any convincing football. It was always pragmatic, defence-first football.

So how-in-the-hell can Roy be expected to transform things overnight? It CANNOT BE DONE!

Also, don't you remember how many times we started a season badly under Rafa and he blamed international breaks, players' lack of fitness and needing time to bed-in new players? And yet somehow Hodgson is expected to ignore all that and produce a miracle in 5 games?

Now, I'm NOT saying Roy is perfect and is NECESSARILY our long term answer but for sure he deserves about 15 league games before we start seriously judging him.

At the risk of being overly optimistic we are still only 3 points off a Champions League place and that is the ABSOLUTE BEST we can hope for with the squad we have. No manager on the planet could win the league, or even come close, with these players. Have you forgotten that Rafa took this squad to the heady heights of 7th last season.

Jeese, I get so angry with some of the garbage that gets spouted on here. Too many people have no sense of perspective on anything.

5-0 V Aston Villa
      4-1 V Man Utd
      4-0 V Real Madrid

Yep, it was F***ing depressing under the Spaniard and the Frenchman when the mancs genuinely feared playing us and  don't forget during those depressing 10 years you mention Houllier during his tenure had a very good record at OT, I could go about some of the good football we played under Ged were we battered teams all over the shop at Anfield and even on our travels pre-heart problems.

Also to be honest Roy let himself down today by doing exactly what you would of slagged the other two for, not going for the throats and sitting back.

Bit Ironic, don't you think?
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #977: Sep 19, 2010 11:55:43 pm

There's a distinct difference between defensive and negative football.  Houllier, Benitez and Hodgson are all subscribers to the "defensive" school of football - I don't have a problem with defensive, I enjoy watching attacking football more but if I was a manager, I'd employ defensive football as I feel it's far more effective.

To think that Hodgson will be playing a more attacking brand of football than under the last managers is short-sighted to say the least (unless he changes his philosophies, but at 63 years old, I don't see it happening).  Like I said though, defensive football is fine by me, negative football is not however.

We shouldn't be giving teams as much respect as we currently are, the performances (if not the results) have been dire as a whole to say the least.  There seems to be a distinct lack of a pre-game plan, emphasized by the poor quality of our first halves, which in some cases is overruled by a far superior second half performance.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #978: Sep 20, 2010 12:14:35 am
      DISCLAIMER: MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE A MOUTHFUL OF COFFEE BECAUSE YOU WILL SPIT IT ALL OVER YOUR MONITOR FROM LAUGHTER.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson accuses Liverpool star Fernando Torres of 'cheating'

Sir Alex Ferguson accused Liverpool striker Fernando Torres of cheating as Manchester United beat their greatest rivals 3-2 at Old Trafford yesterday.

A superb Dimitar Berbatov hat-trick — the first by a United player against Liverpool for 64 years — ensured Ferguson’s team stayed in touch with Chelsea at the top of the table.

But Torres found himself charged by Fergie of trying to get United defender John O’Shea sent off in the incident that led to Steven Gerrard converting a free-kick to make the score 2-2 in the second half.

Despite the fact O’Shea could easily have been sent off after hauling down Torres, Ferguson said: ‘I have watched it again. Fernando Torres made a meal of it.

'An absolute meal of it. There is no doubt he tried to get the player sent off.’

Roy Hodgson, the Liverpool manager — whose side have won just once in their first five league games — refused to be drawn on the matter, suggesting he hadn’t had a clear view of the incident.

He said: ‘Some of my coaches were jumping up and down but I didn’t have a great view. Sir Alex was closer to it.

'I thought the referee had a good game. Sir Alex is entitled to his opinion but I prefer to talk about things that interest me. I am not a fan of game saying.’

But Ferguson took another swipe at Liverpool, suggesting his team should have won by more goals.

Having led 2- 0, United were pegged back by two Gerrard strikes and looked like surrendering a winning margin for the third time this season before Berbatov headed home his third in the 84th minute.

The United boss said: ‘It was a game we absolutely dominated and I was saying to myself: “It could’ve been 10”.

'So when it looked like ending 2-2, it would have been a travesty of a scoreline, but it was a great result at the end.

‘They had the momentum when it went to 2-2, but they never offered anything did they?

‘This was always going to be a test. The build-up to these games is such that, if one doesn’t win, it’s a catastrophe. For Liverpool, this is a catastrophe.’

Hodgson disagreed with Ferguson’s assessment.

He said: ‘I think that’s harsh. I thought United played well but to try and undermine our performance is harsh. Our performance was a lot better than our last two performances and I think we can take credit for the way we played in the second half.

'Catastrophe? I am not sure about that. I have said all along that our aim is to get in the top four. That is our aim.’

Berbatov said: ‘It was a magical day. It was special for me to score a hat-trick against our greatest rivals. But when I go home, to my kids, I am not that special.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1313519/Manchester-United-boss-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-accuses-Liverpool-star-Fernando-Torres-cheating.html?

I'm not going to say it because I'm positive the next few replies will.

edit: Sorry for double posting but this one is comedy gold :lmao:  Wonder if Woy will grow a pair?
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2010 01:30:59 am by vitez »
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #979: Sep 20, 2010 12:17:11 am
      Im not too upset by the result in all honesty.

After our performances so far this season, I wasn't expecting us to go there and get a win and would of taken a draw before the game no problem. But having see us drag it back then get kicked back down again was abit of a kick in the teeth though.

Actually couldn't believe the stick Nando was getting on here at half time though, had to turn the computer off it was getting that ridiculous, some posters are starting to sound like these moronic pundits with agendas against Liverpool.

Not sure if anyone watched MoTD but I completely agreed with Shearers comments about Torres. People keep talking about his body language, if you were getting kicked all over the pitch, your only form of support is 40 yards away and you have to watch the ball being knocked sideways, backwards then hoofed up field to you when your surrounded by 3 defenders.. Put it this way not many people on here would be smiling and showing "Positive body language".

If theres no supply, hes not going to score, simple as. People expect the lad to work miracles.
      If no one is giving him the ammo hes not going to get opportunities, what happened in the second half when our midfield pushed up the pitch? He got two passes were he could run forward at the defence and both our goals came from it.

The lad might be having a rough patch, but some of the comments I saw on here today were frankly hilarious, calling him lazy and that he had lost it and all this crap. Give him the oportunities and he will score, when he does get back in to form I'll happily supply the humble pie to all those giving him stick after only 5 league games.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #980: Sep 20, 2010 12:21:10 am
      Comic F***ing gold that!

But then again I'm not surprised and I'm not surprised by Roy's response

Quote from: Woy Hodgson
      He said: ‘Some of my coaches were jumping up and down but I didn’t have a great view. Sir Alex was closer to it.

All he had to do was mention Nani, but can't even do that!

Poor Roy, poor. Defend your own first!!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #981: Sep 20, 2010 12:21:48 am
      'So when it looked like ending 2-2, it would have been a travesty of a scoreline, but it was a great result at the end.

What a f***in knobhead.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #982: Sep 20, 2010 12:21:55 am
      Ferguson is a F***ing tw*t, hope he gets knocked down by a bus.

Pisses me off seeing Roy and him all pally before the game giving him pats on the back and sh*t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #983: Sep 20, 2010 12:24:21 am
      Both managers piss me off to be honest, defend your star player for F**k sake Woy, especially seeing as Nani was cheating all game as per!!
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #984: Sep 20, 2010 12:24:54 am
      Yeh the manager of a team who has Nani in it calling out someone for diving ;D. What a joke.

F**k it but i thought Poulsen played well in the second half seemed involved good vision , committed defense & put in a good shift.

God why is Maxi in our team? He doesn't fit into our structure at all. If i was Woy, i would put N'gog with Torres and put Cole & Babel wide with Raul & Stevie in the middle.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #985: Sep 20, 2010 12:26:38 am
      F**k off and suck fergies cock Roy, your all but doing it with that soft arse repsones.

Fcuk all od this. I need more beer. F**k :mad:
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #986: Sep 20, 2010 01:16:50 am
      F**k,how can we can we keep up with the rest of the teams if we cannot beat the top teams,i say we will finish same place as last season,really,just watch! Horrendous football and same goes for the coach,absolutely terrible!  I'm gutted!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #987: Sep 20, 2010 01:25:18 am
      Reina 7- did all that was asked and no goals were his fault.
      Johnson 5- thought Giggs had the better of him and made him look 36..wasnt great going forward either.
      Carragher 6- beaten far too easily in the air for final goal and could have given away dangerous free with handball.
      Skrtel 6- was ok, didnt really have any huge flaws.
      Konchesky 5- crossing was woeful and was caught out of position and looked vulnerable a few times.
      Maxi 4- did he kick a ball?
      Poulsen 5- i just dont rate this guy and he offers absolutely nothing imo.
      Mereiles 7- decent showing in his first league start..will be a good signing i reckon.
      J. Cole 6- made a few decent runs such as lead up to penalty but didnt threaten enough.
      Gerrard 8- not an 8 in overall performance but if you score 2 goals vs Mancs you did well.
      Torres 5- is irritating me..poor touch, shocking marking for 1st goal and just looked off the pace. leave if you dont want to be here nando because your no good to us playing like this.

Agger 6- did nothing wrong. wish he decked that c**t Nani.
      Jovanovic 5- did nothing. not his fault really
      N'Gog 6- decent. good movement

Hodgson 4- playing Poulsen, being too negative!!!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #988: Sep 20, 2010 01:40:12 am
      f***in' Ferguson...Absolute hypocritical f***in' cocksucker.

Bitchin' about Torres when Nani was diving more than Greg Louganis.  Unfucking real. I hate that whisky dicked asshole.

F**k-you Ferguson.  Karma is a bi*ch and your day is coming. I cant f***in' wait. Your days of low debt and unlimited transfer budget is gone, so enjoy it now asshole.

Quick Reply