Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Pundits and Commentators

Read 455948 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators.
      Reply #230: Sep 16, 2013 07:51:32 pm
      Carra: 'No one wants to grow up to be a Gary Neville'

;D
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #231: Sep 16, 2013 07:51:53 pm
      No wants to grow up to be a Gary Neville....quality
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #232: Sep 16, 2013 07:55:18 pm
       :lmao: Jamie you legend! Put that manc rat in his place  :D
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #233: Sep 16, 2013 11:22:48 pm
      In fairness the discussion was brilliant before hand regarding the centre back position a must watch if anyone is into the tactics of the modern game. Carra & Neville work off each other brilliantly and MNF is really benefiting from it.

Carra's dig at Neville was quality, and to be fair Neville took it well. Changed my mind regarding Neville since he became a pundit, can't fault him and now alongside Carra may it continue. It's very refreshing to hear two passionate, knowledgeable blokes discuss current matters.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #234: Sep 16, 2013 11:25:05 pm
      The centre back discussion was one of the finest pieces of football debate I've seen in quite some time and actually the whole MNF show is excellent.

Really puts others to shame.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #235: Sep 16, 2013 11:27:19 pm
      The centre back discussion was one of the finest pieces of football debate I've seen in quite some time and actually the whole MNF show is excellent.

Really puts others to shame.

Totally agree.

Makes you want to watch no matter who's playing.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #236: Sep 16, 2013 11:30:32 pm
      Caught a bit of the MNF pre-show and what came across most, is they looked like they were enjoying talking about football, unlike some of the MOTD pundits.
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #237: Sep 16, 2013 11:31:37 pm
      Agree it makes it worthwhile no matter who is playing. I'm an addict for footy tactics so just listening to these two lads argue the tiny details from a match the way they do is excellent, they are happy to focus on one single incident for a good 5-6 minutes unlike the BBC lazy skimming of all things tactical instead focussing on refereeing decisions and stuff that no one wants to hear
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #238: Sep 16, 2013 11:50:31 pm
      Caught a bit of the MNF pre-show and what came across most, is they looked like they were enjoying talking about football, unlike some of the MOTD pundits.

Agree. The presenter not constantly trying to be a smart arse like Lineker is also a refreshing change.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #239: Sep 16, 2013 11:52:00 pm
      Agree. The presenter not constantly trying to be a smart arse like Lineker is also a refreshing change.

Yep the blend they have is excellent, a joy to watch to be fair to them.
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #240: Sep 17, 2013 12:16:46 am
      Agree with most, Carra and Neville and even Ed are brilliant together, so much dynamic between them and I actually look forward to MNF. Great football debate and banter between a die hard scouser and a die hard manc. I didn't think I'd ever say this but I'm starting to F***ing like Gary Neville, I dunno if that's good or bad.

Off topic but out of curiosity, how does everyone here see the Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes situation.

Gerrard>Scholes>Lampard for me. I understood what Jamie was saying about Lamps being a bigger match winner than Scholes, but Scholes was absolutely quality in my eyes. Much better player than Lampard over the years, no comparison imo. But Gerrard is head and shoulders above both the cu*ts.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #241: Sep 17, 2013 12:20:35 am
      Same Paul, Gerrard is the clear winner, no bias of course :D

Scholes was the one player in their golden era I thought was the best, never liked him and that's always the sign of a good Manc player, the more you don't like them the better they are in all probability. His technical ability and eye for a pass are up there with the very best and always thought Gerrard/Scholes were miles ahead of Lampard.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #242: Sep 17, 2013 10:21:53 pm
      Carra's dig at Neville was quality, and to be fair Neville took it well. Changed my mind regarding Neville since he became a pundit, can't fault him and now alongside Carra may it continue. It's very refreshing to hear two passionate, knowledgeable blokes discuss current matters.

Didn't Neville actually say "nobody wants to grow up to look like Gary Neville".

As much as he was hated as a player, as a pundit he is very knowledgeable, and is obviously a football tragic.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #243: Sep 17, 2013 10:35:08 pm
      Couldn't stand Neville as a player, was a prize c**t! Not a bad pundit though, like Carra he knows what he's talking about unlike the majority of them
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #244: Sep 17, 2013 11:09:43 pm
      Has to be said - Clive Tyldesley was once again at his insufferable worst tonight.
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #245: Sep 18, 2013 12:02:52 am
      Has to be said - Clive Tyldesley was once again at his insufferable worst tonight.
      Haven't been able to take him seriously since the mancs went out in the group stage after drawing with Basel. I think the score was 3-3, Utd were attacking and in the stupid, overexcited voice he does, he screamed 'It's like the Red Arrows, reigning down on Basel!'. Can't find the video to post, but it made me vomit, him and Townsend really are awful.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #246: Sep 18, 2013 12:12:10 am
      Haven't been able to take him seriously since the mancs went out in the group stage after drawing with Basel. I think the score was 3-3, Utd were attacking and in the stupid, overexcited voice he does, he screamed 'It's like the Red Arrows, reigning down on Basel!'. Can't find the video to post, but it made me vomit, him and Townsend really are awful.

I can bear Townsend but as you said Tyldsley really is a vomit inducing fool.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,517 posts | 3461 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #247: Sep 18, 2013 11:32:23 am
      did he mention Nani's red card at all ?
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #248: Sep 18, 2013 02:51:33 pm
      I do like watching and listening to Carra and Neville. I wish sometimes though that Carra would stop continually butting in. Maybe he'll tone that down with experience.

Sky do seem to have the best at the moment. Although with that said, there's not that much competion about.

ITV are totally and wholly embarassing.

Adrian Chiles with his bumbling mumbling can't seem to string together a perfectly simple and coherent sentence.

Clive Tyldesley does my head in with his inane shouting and dumbfounding anecdotes.

Gabriel Clarke's interviewing techniques are also questionable.

For me, ITV will never be forgiven for that time when they went to a commercial break when Stevie G scored for England. Although, it wasn't such a bad thing that they also missed Gosling's goal against us in the cup!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #249: Sep 18, 2013 02:58:19 pm
      Only recently had Sky installed and therefore have Sky Sports for the first time. Have to say, think Neville is an excellent pundit. Don't get me wrong, still has his United ties but his words are usually relatively unbiased. Also think Carra will massively benefit from his role. We could be seeing a future club coach or analyst in the making.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #250: Sep 18, 2013 03:09:48 pm
      Yep The Carra & Neville show is an intriguing watch, both very knowledgable and they bounce off each other very well, Carra's comment made me f***in choke I couldn't stop laughing, don't think anyone in the studio could either, and Neville took it very well so hats off ,

I'm hoping tho that after a season Carra misses football that much he decides being in and around the day to day club scene is too much to miss out on and returns to Anfield in a coaching role of sorts, as good as he is at the punditry I'd prefer it if his expertise was utilised as a defensive coach and beyond,

Come on Carra you know where your heart lies.

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #251: Mar 03, 2014 12:09:03 am
      Not a fan of Steve Claridge at all.

Seems a bit of a know all who knows F**k all to me.

On a positive note I'm really warming to Robbie Savage. He isnt the most insightful but he doesn't try to be either and doesn't take himself too seriously.

The two time I've seen him with Alan Hansen on MOTD has easily been the most I've enjoyed that show or quite some time.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #252: Mar 03, 2014 12:18:03 am
      Not a fan of Steve Claridge at all.

Seems a bit of a know all who knows f**k all to me.

On a positive note I'm really warming to Robbie Savage. He isnt the most insightful but he doesn't try to be either and doesn't take himself too seriously.

The two time I've seen him with Alan Hansen on MOTD has easily been the most I've enjoyed that show or quite some time.

Yep. I do enjoy Savage on MOTD and on 606 with Darren Fletcher on Saturday evenings!

Quick Reply